Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 02:16 AM

16,777 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
They( Catholicism) translated--When the protestants translated, no originals remained, Catholicism translating remained-- Every trinity translation teaches 2 different Gods, that is fact. Not one branch ever fixed it. All listening to those 34,000 mass of confusion religions are placing their eternal lives in Catholicism translating---Somewhere I would never stand.
The winning sect that would evolve to be Catholicism did not translate anything, they wrote their texts in Koine Greek. We have Greek copies of the Greek originals. Whereas you DO rely on a translation, and one that is often mistranslated on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 02:24 AM

16,777 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Mans misuse of science and math have polluted the air, land, water and even our food. They are selling us cancer and you back their words over God---Not a wise place to stand. A huge hole in the ozone layer causing havoc weather all over the earth. Global warming-May was the 400th straight month the worlds temps were up above average. It will not get better at the hands of mortals. Gods kingdom is mankinds only remaining hope.
Catholicism has had 1750 years--they cannot even understand simple bible milk--you are correct--they shouldn't be discussing any bible matters.
Science has nothing to do with what I have written, which you avoided.

The fact that the gospel of John says there are two gods, and the god of the OT is the evil one means that it neither supports the trinitarian or JW sects. Yet you want to put your trust in a book that is clearly a collection of contradictory sects over a science that does not sell us cancer but is trying to cure it.

But well done for admitting that if you do not understand what the bible says, you should not be discussing it. It is amusing though that you do not follow your own advice.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Man cannot disprove the bible, ....
Wake up. Man already has disproved it. It has been proven to be not much more than fable, fiction and fraud. The prophecies for Tyre, Babylon, Egypt...all failed. Jerico, the nativity...rubbish...and provably so!

Quote:
God is not omniscient--The bible does not teach that.
The Bible says you are wrong.

“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please” (Isaiah 46:9-10).

“Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD” (Psalm 139:4).

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be....(Psalm 139:15-16).

“From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth—he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do” (Psalm 33:13-15).

“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13).

“Whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything” (1 John 3:20).

Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.

...and more of course...but if you say that your god is NOT omniscient, well that would explain the monumental c*ck-ups that he has made.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Yes, the story would make more sense - or Some kind of sense, rather - if God was making it up as he went along. Of course, after Paul, apparently, he ceased even trying to Do anything but make images of himself on toast and help sportsmen score goals.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:35 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The winning sect that would evolve to be Catholicism did not translate anything, they wrote their texts in Koine Greek. We have Greek copies of the Greek originals. Whereas you DO rely on a translation, and one that is often mistranslated on purpose.

When councils are held because they had no clue as to what was truth, and false teachings come out, they get into translating--That is reality of what Occurred.
There are many proven errors. Their own translations expose them as false.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Wake up. Man already has disproved it. It has been proven to be not much more than fable, fiction and fraud. The prophecies for Tyre, Babylon, Egypt...all failed. Jerico, the nativity...rubbish...and provably so!

The Bible says you are wrong.

“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please” (Isaiah 46:9-10).

“Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD” (Psalm 139:4).

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be....(Psalm 139:15-16).

“From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth—he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do” (Psalm 33:13-15).

“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13).

“Whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything” (1 John 3:20).

Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.

...and more of course...but if you say that your god is NOT omniscient, well that would explain the monumental c*ck-ups that he has made.

SeeThe words--my purpose will stand( about future events)--God knows his will for the future, he does not know the future besides that.
It would be sick to make mortals go through all the suffering if he already knows who will be in his kingdom--but he doesn't know--that is why he desires all to repent. It is open to all. The FUTURE has not occurred yet.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Science has nothing to do with what I have written, which you avoided.

The fact that the gospel of John says there are two gods, and the god of the OT is the evil one means that it neither supports the trinitarian or JW sects. Yet you want to put your trust in a book that is clearly a collection of contradictory sects over a science that does not sell us cancer but is trying to cure it.

But well done for admitting that if you do not understand what the bible says, you should not be discussing it. It is amusing though that you do not follow your own advice.

I read the bible many x--Paul never said what you stated.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:

Wow are you blind-- The bible condemns--statues, icons and graven images--Catholicism brought in all 3 into their churches and homes. Mislead to bow to a graven image behind the pulpit, and kiss their little icon cross made of metal that can do 0, same with the graven image behind the pulpit.
The clergy allowed the young men to kill other catholics for Adolf Hitler---you really believe they have Jesus-----PLEASE.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:50 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Wow are you blind-- The bible condemns--statues, icons and graven images--Catholicism brought in all 3 into their churches and homes. Mislead to bow to a graven image behind the pulpit, and kiss their little icon cross made of metal that can do 0, same with the graven image behind the pulpit.
The clergy allowed the young men to kill other catholics for Adolf Hitler---you really believe they have Jesus-----PLEASE.
It's obvious that you respond to not what a person posted but as a means to promote your own religion. Stating that the early Bible was written in Greek not translated did not state that Catholics have Jesus

Yout aRe aware that thee aRe othere Christians sects that do not alow their men to go to war? So maybe Hutterites aRe the true oNE religion?

You should address what a poster states rather than random attacks on other religions

Old 06-06-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It's obvious that you respond to not what a person posted but as a means to promote your own religion. Stating that the early Bible was written in Greek not translated did not state that Catholics have Jesus

Yout aRe aware that thee aRe othere Christians sects that do not alow their men to go to war? So maybe Hutterites aRe the true oNE religion?

You should address what a poster states rather than random attacks on other religions

Not random attacks--Facts. The religion that came out of Rome translated- No other religion claiming to be Christian was around until about the 1500,s. Gods word was kept in latin for nearly 1000 years after the councils began. No one was allowed to read the bible except certain clergy. No one had a clue by the 1500,s, they did however see the falseness of that religion once allowed to read from catholicisms own translations exposed them.--the protestants corrected little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality