Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 12:25 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What has that got to do with anything I said? You seem to have this obsession with what you call the 'Trinity' translation. I don't care about the persecution of anyone translating the Bible into English, or even about the faults in the KJV translation. The point I was making is that God does seem to move on. At one time the Jews were right. Then the Paulinist Greeks were right Then Constantine and the Latin church was right. Then the Protestants were right. And now i have got to ask: what makes you think that your particular sect is right?

Personally, I don't think that any of you Bible -believers have it right.

I once posted a flight of fancy about a statue put up by an Atheist Global Government in Dawkins' square at the end of Fornication street, Darwinopolis. "The universal Theist": A nine foot high bronze statue, fingers jammed in ears, eyes tight shut, mouth open, screaming. In the mouth a tape loop of repeated faith claims.

You could stand as a model for it.

It would be tough for you to see under your rock of darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 12:27 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
"I did just that. I made sure of all things. The Islam teachers are correct no matter what any mortal says!"

"I did just that. I made sure of all things. The Jewish teachers are correct no matter what any mortal says!"

"I did just that. I made sure of all things. The Hindu teachers are correct no matter what any mortal says!"

"I did just that. I made sure of all things. The Flying Spaghetti Monster teacher are correct no matter what any mortal says!"

They all say that. You aren't special. You just think you are. Again, the fact that your brain has been so thoroughly washed that you can't see that is simply amazing. Your "teacher" sure did an amazing job making sure you could never again think for yourself.

Facts prove my words are correct--You have 0 behind your words. Except your false reasonings.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:06 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Facts prove my words are correct--You have 0 behind your words. Except your false reasonings.
Facts show that Christianity is incorrect. That takes all the various sects and cults down the tube with it.
Quote:
Pointless, closed -minded denial.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:23 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
That isn't what I see when I look, Trans has more respect and consideration that 10,000 Athiests you could find, I watch as he shows more love than the Christians who supposedly proclaim love, he's always rational with an open mind if somebody wanted to honestly speak to him without bias and looking down on him, he will listen and that is actually alot, I mean of course, he's gonna burn baby burn. Just kidding Trans.

Kjw, did you know that the outer Court of Gentiles is called the outer court of darkness where Gentile Christians are sent to with their salvation? Just happens to be the same place Atheists go with their salvation and their life......Why would God till and harvest so much only to dispose of his harvest in the fire? God is always growing bigger where he creates a planet to wait until humans evolve and then he plants his seed in those evolved animals but they are still aninals. God has grown a very intelligent, caring spirit inside Transponder and I am sure he has work planned for Transponder where he is looking for a mature balanced intelligence to watch over others.......God looks for people with mercy and kindness and above all, people who would judge fairly, I don't think that if there really is a God, that he plans to destroy so much of his own work because there must be billions upon billions of planets with evolving humans and I believe God is building soldiers who know what fairness and mercy is. God has tricked everyone ya know, no matter how you judge anyone, it is only in place to judge who you are and how merciful you are in your judgment.

Just my opinion of what God is, IF there is a God.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:13 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Thanks HF, just send me you bank details and $1,000, 000 will be transferred into your account. Theramin trees does some good vids on mind -games and how to avoid them. Identifying the mind -games (one's own and those of the other side) assists in online rows and the techniques - getting personal, plonking denial and faith -claims, starting a fight, pointing the finger, accusations of not answering, verbosity, a response being characterised as 'getting upset' can be bewildering at first. The thread on 'Rhetoric' was very useful in pointing up some of the instinctive mind -games that people use to win the argument however they can. If one can defuse them - ans one's own instinctive reaction - the whole ploy becomes nullified.

There's another advantage too - being honest makes it easier and it yields better results. Lying for Jesus just drops the apologists and Jesus in the crap in the end.

So none of this is because i am some kind of atheists saint, but it gets the job done and saves stress levels, which at my age I need to keep down.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Facts prove my words are correct--
The damnable thing about facts is that they have verifiable evidence to back them up - that's why they are called 'facts'. You on the other hand have nothing in the way of verifiable evidence. All you have are faith-based claims, most of which, if not all of which, have been proven to be wrong. How many times now has your organisation predicted the end?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times
Quote:
Please, post these "facts" of yours. Because I hate to tell you but you don't have any behind you either bud. Your Bible is no more "facts" than the Koran or other holy books.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:35 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
That isn't judgement. it is Fact in a Christians view.
Thank you for proving what I have suspected over many weeks -- that you don't know the difference from a fact and an opinion.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:44 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Thanks HF, just send me you bank details and $1,000, 000 will be transferred into your account. Theramin trees does some good vids on mind -games and how to avoid them. Identifying the mind -games (one's own and those of the other side) assists in online rows and the techniques - getting personal, plonking denial and faith -claims, starting a fight, pointing the finger, accusations of not answering, verbosity, a response being characterised as 'getting upset' can be bewildering at first. The thread on 'Rhetoric' was very useful in pointing up some of the instinctive mind -games that people use to win the argument however they can. If one can defuse them - ans one's own instinctive reaction - the whole ploy becomes nullified.

There's another advantage too - being honest makes it easier and it yields better results. Lying for Jesus just drops the apologists and Jesus in the crap in the end.

So none of this is because i am some kind of atheists saint, but it gets the job done and saves stress levels, which at my age I need to keep down.
I know I couldn't be an Atheist, it is hard enough being a Messianic Christian with so many targets and with me at least trying to be more loving, but dang I would make a bad Atheist and it would be too confusing because I could say anything and there would be way to many targets, it would be like coming into a clearing and spotting 600 deer where all of them see me and run, but there are so many that I can't focus on one. I would be the worst Atheist ever, and dang I would be angry all the time, it's bad enough as it is now, I would have already died from the stress.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:50 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know I couldn't be an Atheist, it is hard enough being a Messianic Christian with so many targets and with me at least trying to be more loving, but dang I would make a bad Atheist and it would be too confusing because I could say anything and there would be way to many targets, it would be like coming into a clearing and spotting 600 deer where all of them see me and run, but there are so many that I can't focus on one. I would be the worst Atheist ever, and dang I would be angry all the time, it's bad enough as it is now, I would have already died from the stress.
You're confusing atheism with activism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality