Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 05:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The only translating that remained was Catholicism translating, when the protestants translated. Yes my teachers taught Jesus received his crown here at Rev 6, many events occur after these events before Jesus returns to earth at Har-mageddon. 1914-1919 is when rev 6 occurred( I believe the riders still ride) I see things are falling apart very quickly. And the end days of Revelation will move very quickly. They have stopped trying to date-Har-mageddon.
I am just planting seeds. I share both sides of what the bible teaches. The world hated it back then as well and killed-Jesus, apostles and followers. Rev teaches the same occurs at the end of the tribulation--Gog of magog comes to kill the true followers. That is probably rev 16--Every kingdom on earth will stand against Jesus and think they are doing the opposite. They are lead by blind guides now as well as then. Jesus warned all they wouldn't know the true living God=Father-John 15:20-21
Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Gog of Magog totally ignored you and and let you just carry on?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 05:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Its actually good news the bible says. When Gods kingdom rule takes control of earth.
Won’t it be a hoot when the Mashiach comes and you mistake him for your anti-Christ and rebel against him because he didn’t turn out the way that you wanted him to?...

Old 05-25-2018, 05:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
That's always been the amusing thing. Especially with the flavour -of -the -month apologetic "Atheists wouldn't believe Allah if he came down from heaven!".

We would, after some cautious requests to clear up a few questions and get a few proofs, we would provisionally accept the claim. But would the Muslims if he said he was Jesus and God all in one? I suspect they'd reject him as a trick of Iblis to deceive the unwary. And the same with the Christians if it claimed to be Allah, the Quran true and Jesus not the son of God but a prophet and no more than that.

We rational skeptics will accept decent evidence. The Believers won't if they don't like it, no matter how good it is. Demonstrably, therefore, implacable and closed -minded bias is all and entirely to be found on the Believer side and Not on the skeptic and rationalist side, and this is at best projection of their irrationality onto us, and at worst, an anti -atheist smear campaign.

And you can bet your pension on it.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:42 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Won’t it be a hoot when the Mashiach comes and you mistake him for your anti-Christ and rebel against him because he didn’t turn out the way that you wanted him to?...

That wont happen. Rev 13 has been occurring for quite awhile.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:31 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sorry, Richard, your ancestors already made that mistake.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry, Richard, your ancestors already made that mistake.
For much of the last 2000 years Jews have been killed simply because they are Jews. According to Christian fundamentalist this must make Judaism correct. It's your mistake 😊

Old 05-26-2018, 11:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Its actually good news the bible says. When Gods kingdom rule takes control of earth.
Thats not going to be a good day for America when that happens!

I think thats why that verse says the nations will try to make war on the Christ when he returns, he will throw a big wrench into all the corruption and greed, and MANY people/ nations will NOT like him for that.

I also fear many people that call themselves 'Christians' will get a rude wake up call that they were NOT abiding by Gods laws at all, and actually put the worlds laws first, many people will say " I was just doing my job" or " I didnt want to cause problems or get arrested, loose my job, income, family ,etc, so I just compromised/ settled".

Old 05-26-2018, 11:42 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
What is wrong with parents? Have they lost control, have they allowed the greedy corporations and Hollywood to shove-Blood and gore, violence, immoral sex, the occult in the movies,
For a minute there I thought you were referring to the Bible stories.

Quote:
Do you like this reality of todays world?
As opposed to all the violence and BS of the past Uhm yeah!

Old 05-26-2018, 12:07 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
What is wrong with parents? Have they lost control, have they allowed the greedy corporations and Hollywood to shove-Blood and gore, violence, immoral sex, the occult in the movies, tv, video games, and music down our childrens throat? No not parents.
Some see gore and violence daily. The kid who shot 17 in Fla, went to lunch after--because what he saw was a normal daily activity. It did not phase him.
What we feed our minds and hearts is all there is to come out of those as well--This world has turned sick( 2Tim 3)--Its just as Jesus taught--Satan is ruling this system.
One wont worship the image of the beast unless it looks good to the mortal heart. --99% of you are being mislead. This world is an illusion of satans will( 2Cor 11:12-15)-
Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day(99% mislead)---being generous.
LOOK world.

Do you like this reality of todays world?
CBS/AP May 26, 2018, 10:08 AM
Police: Suspected restaurant gunman spoke online about demons

On a Facebook page that police said belonged to Tilghman, the man posts a video in which he claims his television is possessed by the devil. The page uses the same profile photo as a YouTube channel where a man that appears to be Tilghman also describes demons possessing his TV and being surrounded by computers.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-...oklahoma-city/

Religion provokes insanity because it is a form of insanity.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:42 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
By allowing sin to rule in people lives unchecked then curses of the devil will pollute peoples lives , where even whole nations are under a curse for the devils authority ..... Like people and nations who reject the ten commandments of God will come under the curse of the devil were people will come under the sickness in mind, body , and sickness in spirit of the devil which only turning to Jesus Christ to be redeemed will removed these curses so blessing of God for life can come .......... Even not believing in the devil is the works of the devil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality