U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:16 AM

3,156 posts, read 559,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then why do atheists waste their precious seconds in fruitless online debates with Christians? If I believed that then I would make sure every second was filled with as much excitement and joy as possible.
Except many Christians do not want us to have a life "filled with as much excitement and joy as possible", they want us to follow their rules,and ignore science for their religious beliefs.

Which is why we point out why the religious (not just you Christians) are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 06:17 AM

15,535 posts, read 8,441,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Except many Christians do not want us to have a life "filled with as much excitement and joy as possible", they want us to follow their rules,and ignore science for their religious beliefs.

Which is why we point out why the religious (not just you Christians) are wrong.
I want you to be saved from the penalty of sin (spiritual death), have abundant life in Christ now and go to Heaven when you die.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:27 AM

2,968 posts, read 927,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I want you to be saved from the penalty of sin (spiritual death), have abundant life in Christ now and go to Heaven when you die.
Why do you care and put so much effort in me or anyone being saved jimmiej?

Old 05-29-2018, 07:29 AM

2,149 posts, read 721,093 times
Quote:
What religion(s) are you talking about? Where are these examples you speak of?
Any religion that promises an afterlife instills this mindset. I used to believe that this life was just a preparation for heaven. That longevity and happiness were not important here. Being saved and saving others was the core focus.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:38 AM

15,535 posts, read 8,441,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Any religion that promises an afterlife instills this mindset. I used to believe that this life was just a preparation for heaven. That longevity and happiness were not important here. Being saved and saving others was the core focus.
I think you understate the Christian view of this life.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:06 AM

8,002 posts, read 3,553,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

When we follow your rules, we end up with things like teen suicide and mass shootings.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:10 AM

3,156 posts, read 559,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
When we follow your rules, we end up with things like teen suicide and mass shootings.
When we follow your rules, we also end up with things like teen suicide and mass shootings, PLUS gays being stoned to death, 9/11, people needing medicine being told not to take medicine, idiots thinking people who have been sexually harassed or raped should just shut up, usw.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:17 AM

2,149 posts, read 721,093 times
Quote:
I think you understate the Christian view of this life.
It is a big factor that enables the mindset. While the mindset has its benefits, it also has its detriments.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:22 AM

12,915 posts, read 5,103,117 times
Was there darkness before you were born? If not, why do you expect darkness after you die?

I was dead in 1979. And every year before that. It wasn’t so bad.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:25 AM

35,687 posts, read 9,508,475 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that the Muslims ( the ones who are nicer to know, at least) want to save you from the wrath of Allah for maintaining the lies foisted on Jesus by the early Christians (I agree with them on that) and I for my part want to save you from wasting the one life you have on believing nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or