U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 02:05 AM

6,491 posts, read 5,238,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Quote mining is disingenuous. Ascribing positions to others that they don't hold is just as equally disingenuous.
I've done neither, so I don't see what you're getting at. Asking "Is this what you meant?" is by no stretch of the imagination ascribing a position to you that you do not hold.

Quote:
You have nothing but serious issues in interpreting what I post, connecting the points and making a coherent argument. I think you just like to troll and argue about the narratives and assertions you ascribe to others.
I've addressed all of your claims of this nature. You have no case against me, just like you have no case against religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 02:09 AM

11,037 posts, read 4,820,508 times
Right...that's about most of what you've done.

I have a very good case against religion...you just have too closed of a mind to understand it.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:04 AM

5,050 posts, read 939,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
It's almost always the same thing. Irreligion = atheism most of the time. It's all godless.
Now you are talking about irreligion. Which is it, people not attending church (which includes the religious) or irreligion?

Old 01-25-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I see a ton of folks who will be stunned in the future to find out everybodies soul is eternal, lost and saved.....even worse will be answering for things done in this life.........
And how unhappy they will be if they end up in hell, and how unhappy they will be in heaven knowing some of their loved ones are being tortured in hell.

Here is where you make up some ad hoc excuse, and then I ask you 'how do you know this'?

Old 01-25-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
No, I'm talking about the fact that atheists lead all belief groups in suicides per capita. I think it's because we all have gods, and their 'gods' are alcohol, drugs, and self-gratification, all of which lead to or are signs of depression. Not happiness.

So the idea that these atheists are high on this life is bogus.
Well, that is the straw atheists refuted, what about the ones who actually exist?

Also, can you spell Ted Haggard?

Old 01-25-2019, 09:00 AM

25,803 posts, read 13,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Quote mining is disingenuous. Ascribing positions to others that they don't hold is just as equally disingenuous.

You have nothing but serious issues in interpreting what I post, connecting the points and making a coherent argument. I think you just like to troll and argue about the narratives and assertions you ascribe to others.
I agree. Vic is a believer playing at being an atheist. I find him to be a dishonest poster who uses volumes of verbiage but says nothing.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:10 AM

13,493 posts, read 4,993,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Allegedly. Except the picture is more complicated than that. For example, you may be confusing not attending a church with atheism.
so people that do not affiliate themselves with a religion have a higher suicide rate?

I didnt know that.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I agree. Vic is a believer playing at being an atheist. I find him to be a dishonest poster who uses volumes of verbiage but says nothing.
He uses William Lane Craig's arguments and his methods of arguing. What if this is William Lane Craig himself.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
so people that do not affiliate themselves with a religion have a higher suicide rate?

I didnt know that.
As I said, it is not as simple as that. Do those who do not attend church have a higher rate of suicide (and what does a higher rate mean? Higher than what? The average? The norm?); or is it that being in a social group (such as a church) have a support group to help them, so the rate is lower? What is the difference between religious people who do not go to church and atheists? What about religious people who can not use that church support (for example, due them being homosexuals)?

And even if atheists are more likely to kill themselves, that has no effect on whether atheism is true or not.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:24 AM

11,037 posts, read 4,820,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

It's strange to me how dishonest peoples minds function. It's a trait they posses that I can't relate to on any level.

It seems much easier to be straight up honest about who you are and what you believe/understand or think...I wonder why so many people have difficulty with this?

I find that the folks who are not honest with themselves think everyone else is also playing their sneaky hidden games. I think the folks who consistently ascribe personal narratives to others as well as constantly twist the words of others into a completely different meaning from the intended meaning, are the most dishonest people you can find. It's like they think we are doing what they themselves do...say things where you have to read in between the lines.

What a waste of everyone's time!

Last edited by Matadora; 01-25-2019 at 10:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or