U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 05:13 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,341,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyI View Post
There is life after death.
...and your verifiable evidence for this would be.....??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 05:25 AM

3,655 posts, read 1,136,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
A personal experience, duh!

Old 04-28-2019, 05:34 AM

19,799 posts, read 19,900,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
A personal experience, duh!
In order to tell us about it,the transmission probably can't be DSL or cable.Satellite maybe?

Old 04-28-2019, 03:25 PM

40,056 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I don't think anyone is arguing that we should stop doing good things, but asking what the real significance of doing good is. Ultimately, what is the meaning of doing good vs doing bad. Identity is a necessary relation. If what's right becomes neutral after we die out, was it ever really right to begin with? How could our becoming extinct change the identity of rightness/wrongness? Surely, no other objective reality becomes something else because no one exists to acknowledge it (indeed, this is what it means for something to objectively exist!)
It is not the DOING that continues to objectively exist. It is the state of mind of the Knower Being that continues to objectively exist. Everyone identifies the Knower Being with the brain that produces it but the Knower is of a different form than the matter of the brain. We just cannot measure its form directly only by its effects (decisions and DOINGS).

Old 04-28-2019, 07:10 PM

2,269 posts, read 509,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is not the DOING that continues to objectively exist. It is the state of mind of the Knower Being that continues to objectively exist. Everyone identifies the Knower Being with the brain that produces it but the Knower is of a different form than the matter of the brain. We just cannot measure its form directly only by its effects (decisions and DOINGS).
So, in essence - a ghost? Itís certainly easier for some to believe this rather than absorbing the finality to death.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:26 PM

476 posts, read 94,825 times
Quote:
When you go to sleep your god body, soul, and mental body leave your physical body and experience the dream world. The dream world is the same dimensional location as the after life. They're the same.
100 years of dream research say hello (or maybe they say "wake up")!

Quote:
The only difference between physical death and a person who is asleep is your physical body's autonomic functions continue.
And several 100 years more of physiology join in saying hello.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:22 AM

15,909 posts, read 6,260,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quote:
There is life after death.
Your acts, for better or worse, live on after your death. That is enough or, as we in the tribes would say, "dayenu."

Old 05-04-2019, 10:03 PM

10,588 posts, read 2,705,869 times
Quote:
There is life after death. Your consciousness is comprised of four bodies: the physical, mental (thoughts), soul (emotions, beliefs, memories), and god body (will and imagination). When you die the connection between the physical and mental is gone, but your higher dimensional bodies remain. Your physical body's five senses 'go dark', but your spirit continues in the spirit realm.

When you go to sleep your god body, soul, and mental body leave your physical body and experience the dream world. The dream world is the same dimensional location as the after life. They're the same. The only difference between physical death and a person who is asleep is your physical body's autonomic functions continue. When you wake, it takes a few minutes to orient yourself. This is because when your body does wake your mental body is establishing an alignment with your physical body and that takes some time.
I think you are referring to astral travel, thats not something that happens to us when we sleep, its not even something everyone can achieve.

Dreams are the 'cutting room floor' of the mind, it may seem like more or something else, here and there, but thats really all it is....if you eat spicy food before going to sleep, its a good bet you WILL have some crazy dreams!

Old 05-05-2019, 04:35 AM

34 posts, read 6,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think you are referring to astral travel, thats not something that happens to us when we sleep, its not even something everyone can achieve.

Dreams are the 'cutting room floor' of the mind, it may seem like more or something else, here and there, but thats really all it is....if you eat spicy food before going to sleep, its a good bet you WILL have some crazy dreams!
I have had dreams where I have interacted with people that I knew and once I woke up I contacted that person and they were like "that was you?" The dimensionally bigoted religion of science is in the dark ages.

Old 05-05-2019, 04:48 AM

15,909 posts, read 6,260,165 times
Quote:
The dimensionally bigoted religion of science is in the dark ages.
Explain please. With my IQ of 79 I don't understand the non-sequitur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or