U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 07:17 AM

4,799 posts, read 891,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
OCD, addiction, among other things.

How would am emotional person, with other disconnects, take to being told they are rejected by the universe? rampage maybe?
Probably they would post irrelevant attacks that have nothing to do with the subject being talked about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 PM

2,122 posts, read 460,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

In the big scheme of things, it doesnt matter one bit what kind of person I am in this life, I could be the next 'Hitler' and kill off an entire generation of people, or be the most generous person I can, giving to others and helping them out, but neither would make any difference ultimately.

Of course it makes a difference to you (and potentially other people) - just not in terms of an ‘afterlife’. You still get to choose whether you will make the most of it (or sit in a prison somewhere).

Old 06-07-2019, 04:44 PM

13,059 posts, read 4,895,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Of course it makes a difference to you (and potentially other people) - just not in terms of an ‘afterlife’. You still get to choose whether you will make the most of it (or sit in a prison somewhere).
thats right, it doesn't matter. we are here now and, I believe, we have a duty to help each other.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:08 PM
nng

210 posts, read 47,133 times
I personally believe there is an afterlife, but I think the atheist viewpoint is more logical. If the body is just a machine, and if the components of that machine breakdown and cease to funcion that's it. You die and that's all there is to it. If you believe in god, like I do, then there is the possibility of something more existing, like the spirit/ soul for example. Nobody can prove that the spirit/soul exists for a certainty. There is no scientific method to prove the existence of the spirit/soul in the human body.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:11 AM

you pegged me.

where I may differ from you is that I don't base a statement of belief on "you can't prove me wrong.". I base a statement of belief on "We see this, that, and the other, so I believe we are not going to a heaven place as some people say."

Old 06-17-2019, 05:00 PM

5,124 posts, read 2,510,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I personally believe there is an afterlife, but I think the atheist viewpoint is more logical. If the body is just a machine, and if the components of that machine breakdown and cease to funcion that's it. You die and that's all there is to it. If you believe in god, like I do, then there is the possibility of something more existing, like the spirit/ soul for example. Nobody can prove that the spirit/soul exists for a certainty. There is no scientific method to prove the existence of the spirit/soul in the human body.
Seems to be there is No scientific method to prove the existence of God yet the spirit/soul.
That 'method ' is biblical. The biblical method is found by the Bible's subject or topical arrangement.
In other words, a comprehensive concordance put the Bible is ABC order for us by subject or by topics.

In Scripture, there is No ' afterlife ' teaching but ' resurrection '. There is a BIG difference.
Afterlife implies being more alive after death then before death.
Jesus was Not alive while he was dead in the grave - Acts 2:27.
Jesus and the OT teach unconscious sleep while dead:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 and John 11:11-14.
Acts 24:15 uses the 'future tense' when it states that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
Whereas ' afterlife ' teaches a person is conscious at death.
Since the soul that sins dies (Ezekiel 18:4,20) and the soul can be destroyed (Acts 3:23) then the soul is Not immortal.
Adam had No separate soul, rather Adam was a soul. Adam was a living soul and at death Adam became a dead soul.
As far as one's spirit, please notice Ecclesiastes 12:7 B because one's spirit is Not a person but a neuter "it".
Even God's spirit is a neuter "it" at Numbers 11:17,25 and Not a person.- Psalm 104:30.
In Greek grammar rules a neuter "it" can be expressed with male gender.
Kind of like we might speak of a car or a ship being called as ' she ' although remaining a neuter "it".

And, of course there is No scientific method to prove Resurrection - Revelation 1:18
Resurrection is a Bible method teaching.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:13 PM

5,124 posts, read 2,510,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
..............I base a statement of belief on "We see this, that, and the other, so I believe we are not going to a heaven place as some people say."
What about going to live on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden was a sample ___________
After all, Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit (Not heaven) but inherit the Earth - Psalm 37:9-11; Mt. 5:5.
The conditions Isaiah 35th chapter describes will take place right here on Earth.
When 1st Cor. 15:26 states that ' enemy death ' will be No more, that takes place here on Earth - Isaiah 25:8.
We are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
We do Not pray to be ' taken away' to Jesus, nor pray to be ' taken up ' to Jesus, rather for Jesus to come!
Come and bring the blessing benefits of Rev. 22:2 to Earth for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.
This is when mankind will see the return of the Genesis "tree of life" on Earth for the 'healing' of earth's nations.
In other words, Jesus is the One who will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham - Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18
ALL families of Earth will be blessed and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of ' healing ' right here on Earth starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Jesus will have earthly subjects from sea to see as per Psalms 72:8,12-14.
At the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth, the figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 are Not going to Heaven, but have the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

19,692 posts, read 14,151,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
There is no scientific method to prove the existence of the spirit/soul in the human body.
Sure there is.

Nothing unreal exists.

If there is a soul, then it occupies space and time. If it occupies space and time and is greater than 0°K it emits black-body radiation.

There have been tests or studies conducted.

The soul must have a coherent form, right? Because if it doesn't, it's just energy or particles scattered into the wind.

People have allowed themselves to be examined at the instant of death. All manner of infrared, ultra-violet, thermal imaging and other energy or particle detection devices were in use and nothing happened very slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
That 'method ' is biblical.
The bible is full of contradictions. I know you can't bring yourself to admit that, but it is the unadulterated Truth.

Also, the Yahweh-Jesus-Thing has a habit of changing his mind on a whim for any reason or no reason at all.

Your Yahweh-Jesus-Thing could have done away with an after-life 1,500 years ago.

Prove he did not.

Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM

39,782 posts, read 26,595,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Sure there is.
Nothing unreal exists.
If there is a soul, then it occupies space and time. If it occupies space and time and is greater than 0°K it emits black-body radiation.
There have been tests or studies conducted.
The soul must have a coherent form, right? Because if it doesn't, it's just energy or particles scattered into the wind.
People have allowed themselves to be examined at the instant of death. All manner of infrared, ultra-violet, thermal imaging and other energy or particle detection devices were in use and nothing happened very slowly.
What you say applies to the 5% or less of our Reality that we can measure. We do not know how anything manifests within the 95+% of our Reality that we can NOT measure. It seems you are on the wrong side of the probability spectrum to be so certain.

Old Today, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What about going to live on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden was a sample ___________
After all, Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit (Not heaven) but inherit the Earth - Psalm 37:9-11; Mt. 5:5.
The conditions Isaiah 35th chapter describes will take place right here on Earth.
When 1st Cor. 15:26 states that ' enemy death ' will be No more, that takes place here on Earth - Isaiah 25:8.
We are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
We do Not pray to be ' taken away' to Jesus, nor pray to be ' taken up ' to Jesus, rather for Jesus to come!
Come and bring the blessing benefits of Rev. 22:2 to Earth for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.
This is when mankind will see the return of the Genesis "tree of life" on Earth for the 'healing' of earth's nations.
In other words, Jesus is the One who will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham - Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18
ALL families of Earth will be blessed and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of ' healing ' right here on Earth starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Jesus will have earthly subjects from sea to see as per Psalms 72:8,12-14.
At the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth, the figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 are Not going to Heaven, but have the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Yes, these things are possible. Three of life, the branching, looks like evolution in action. What you call the second coming of Jesus I call the next step in evolution.

I don't think you are all wrong matt, I think you are misunderstanding the system you are in. I think jesus may have understood the system and more importantly his place in it. For what they didn't know jesus was pretty darn impressive. I am more of a Washington,Lincoln, Sherman, and Lee type, but jesus isn't bad.

could ya do something about your literal bible guys tho? they hurting too many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or