U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 02:26 AM

2,735 posts, read 1,862,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Perhaps the OP meant, there is no right or wrong if itís a void after death.
And this argument actually has some weight in it.
Well, then many Christians have just wasted their entire life with "their eyes on the prize".
Those that couldn't have cared less were justified.
Void after death is no different to Hell though in many ways though, it means everything we accomplished in life counts for absolutely nothing, other than those we left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 04:07 AM

13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Well, then many Christians have just wasted their entire life with "their eyes on the prize".
Void after death is no different to Hell though in many ways though, it means everything we accomplished in life counts for absolutely nothing, other than those we left behind.
if you help people based on a false prize its not a total waste of time. I question the motive to be sure. and its not absolutely nothing. not a lot, but not absolutely nothing either.

yes, people that do not base life choices on a statement of belief about god are justified right now.

when we open up a photon
to discover it is nothing
we may have discovered
the theory of everything.

Old 07-06-2019, 05:13 AM

5,133 posts, read 2,527,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Yes, these things are possible. Tree of life, the branching, looks like evolution in action. What you call the second coming of Jesus I call the next step in evolution.
I don't think you are all wrong matt, I think you are misunderstanding the system you are in. I think jesus may have understood the system and more importantly his place in it. For what they didn't know jesus was pretty darn impressive. I am more of a Washington,Lincoln, Sherman, and Lee type, but jesus isn't bad.
could ya do something about your literal bible guys tho? they hurting too many people.
Apparently, it is Jesus, according to Matthew 7:21-23, who could do something about the 'literal bible guys '....
As Jesus' recorded words say that MANY would call him as Lord, but prove false.

As we know Washington, Lincoln, Sherman and Lee (types) could only be effective while in power.
Napoleon was intrigued that while he was present he was effective, but that although Jesus was No longer present (on Earth) Jesus was still effective.

So, to me this brings us to the Bible teaching that at this point a living heavenly Jesus governs over the Christian congregation. ( Not over 'Christendom' (so-called Christian but mostly in name only ).

When Pres. Johnson was a Senator he said 'whoever has the ultimate position has the ultimate power'.
That was the reason for the ' space race' ( who could control outer space could control Earth )
Since Jesus has the ultimate position (Heaven) then that gives Jesus the ultimate power.

Thus, with Jesus being Prince of Peace, then Jesus is the one who can bring Peace on Earth.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the blessing benefits of Rev. 22:2 to Earth for the healing of earth's nations.

When I think of evolution in action I think of a slow process.
When I think of Jesus in action I think of a fast process.
For example: when Jesus healed people it as a fast process.
So, the future healings ( under Jesus' 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth ) will be a fast process.
That fast process then being sustained by or represented by the ' tree of life ' - Rev. 22:2
Let's hope we will be counted as one of Jesus' sheep-like ones at the coming 'time of separation' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37
then, we can be here to be part of calendar Day One of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Old 07-06-2019, 05:17 AM

5,133 posts, read 2,527,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Your ^ above ^ post reminds me of God's mind on matters as recorded at 1st Corinthians 15:12-19,32.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:16 AM

13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Apparently, it is Jesus, according to Matthew 7:21-23, who could do something about the 'literal bible guys '....
As Jesus' recorded words say that MANY would call him as Lord, but prove false.

As we know Washington, Lincoln, Sherman and Lee (types) could only be effective while in power.
Napoleon was intrigued that while he was present he was effective, but that although Jesus was No longer present (on Earth) Jesus was still effective.

So, to me this brings us to the Bible teaching that at this point a living heavenly Jesus governs over the Christian congregation. ( Not over 'Christendom' (so-called Christian but mostly in name only ).

When Pres. Johnson was a Senator he said 'whoever has the ultimate position has the ultimate power'.
That was the reason for the ' space race' ( who could control outer space could control Earth )
Since Jesus has the ultimate position (Heaven) then that gives Jesus the ultimate power.

Thus, with Jesus being Prince of Peace, then Jesus is the one who can bring Peace on Earth.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the blessing benefits of Rev. 22:2 to Earth for the healing of earth's nations.

When I think of evolution in action I think of a slow process.
When I think of Jesus in action I think of a fast process.
For example: when Jesus healed people it as a fast process.
So, the future healings ( under Jesus' 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth ) will be a fast process.
That fast process then being sustained by or represented by the ' tree of life ' - Rev. 22:2
Let's hope we will be counted as one of Jesus' sheep-like ones at the coming 'time of separation' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37
then, we can be here to be part of calendar Day One of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.
Jesus as a focal point is fine. he would probably say focus on love, compassion, and understanding. Jesus as a requirement to be saved is actually a stance that goes against what he stood for. at least, by the bible thats what it looks like.

its to bad a simple, rational statement, follow my example (of loving and understanding) and you may have a more fulling life was turned into "jesus is the only way".

Old 07-06-2019, 03:01 PM

14,766 posts, read 4,958,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Why bother with anything in this life? EVERYTHING is meaningless, right?

Isn't it?

If it just goes blank/dark/black when we die...what does anything matter?
It doesn't matter whether there is an afterlife or not, nothing matters either way in my opinion, fate will have it's way. Everything has already happened. It was all written before we were born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or