Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 02:23 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times

Advertisements

Every one is collected by Angels of God and brought to the place which God prepared for each one and every person , as the spirit of man does not die and go dark/black but lives until the last day of time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 02:34 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Every one is collected by Angels of God and brought to the place which God prepared for each one and every person , as the spirit of man does not die and go dark/black but lives until the last day of time
Amazing that you have come back from the dead to reveal that to us!

Old 05-27-2018, 02:50 PM

151 posts, read 107,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Unless of course we had the nerve not to believe in him...then we get to go to hell where god will loving allow us to be tortured for eternity. Good times! What's not to want to worship about that, am I right?

Anyway, I figure I already know what it's like when we die. In fact, anyone who has gone under general anesthesia does. While you're out, you no longer exist. No fear, no pain, no thoughts. You are gone. Until you wake up, then you're back (and also groggy). When you die, you don't do the wake up part, and you're gone for good. Nothing to be scared of, as you're not even there to notice. :0)

As for the meaningless of it all, let me quote a very wise vampire named Angel. "Well, I guess I kinda worked it out. If there's no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters...then all that matters is what we do. 'Cause that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today. All I wanna do is help. I wanna help because I don't think people should suffer as they do. Because, if there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world."

That right there is this atheist's creed in a nutshell.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:22 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Are you Peggy Lee?
And the song goes...
"I know what you must be saying to yourselves
If that's the way she feels about it why doesn't she just end it all?
Oh, no, not me I'm not ready for that final disappointment
'Cause I know just as well as I'm standing here talking to you
When that final moment comes and I'm breathing my last breath, I'll be saying to myself
Is that all there is, is that all there is
If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
Let's break out the booze and have a ball
If that's all there is"

IOW, as so many others have said....if 'that's all there is' then make the most of what there is 'cause your earthly life might be 'all there is'' which, if you're hre posting is more than some got.

Giving up sooner will ensure that 'that's all there is' won't be much.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
…..

WELL worth repeating

Old 05-27-2018, 04:06 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And the song goes...
"I know what you must be saying to yourselves
If that's the way she feels about it why doesn't she just end it all?
Oh, no, not me I'm not ready for that final disappointment
'Cause I know just as well as I'm standing here talking to you
When that final moment comes and I'm breathing my last breath, I'll be saying to myself
Is that all there is, is that all there is
If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
Let's break out the booze and have a ball
If that's all there is"

IOW, as so many others have said....if 'that's all there is' then make the most of what there is 'cause your earthly life might be 'all there is'' which, if you're hre posting is more than some got.

I'm glad at least one person got it, and that I wasn't just giving away my age.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:21 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm glad at least one person got it, and that I wasn't just giving away my age.
As did I but it can go to show that maybe we've thought about all this longer and harder and maybe even have more interest since 'our' time is probably/statisically shorter

Old 05-27-2018, 04:57 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Why bother with anything in this life? EVERYTHING is meaningless, right?

Isn't it?

If it just goes blank/dark/black when we die...what does anything matter?
Regardless, we are only here for 80 years or so, pick your battles wisely and enjoy.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:35 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Regardless, we are only here for 80 years or so, pick your battles wisely and enjoy.
I think “wisely” is the key here, because, what if it’s not dark and blank after we die?

Old 05-27-2018, 05:46 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think “wisely” is the key here, because, what if it’s not dark and blank after we die?
There could be an afterlife but that none of the religions are correct or even a different God. Or the one God hates those who chose the other God. If that is the case did you choose wisely. Plus can you decide to simply believe in something just in case it might be true. Wouldn't any true God recognize a phoney and treat them worse then someone who is not a phoney?

Pascal wage is a very poor reason for being religious. I'd rather live my life in an honest way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality