Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 AM

958 posts, read 303,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Allegedly. Except the picture is more complicated than that. For example, you may be confusing not attending a church with atheism.
It's almost always the same thing. Irreligion = atheism most of the time. It's all godless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 12:48 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
But yet, why do atheists lead all belief groups in suicides if they consider life that precious?
Perhaps we value meaningful life more.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:51 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
I see a ton of folks who will be stunned in the future to find out everybodies soul is eternal, lost and saved.....even worse will be answering for things done in this life.........

Old 01-24-2019, 12:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I see a ton of folks who will be stunned in the future to find out everybodies soul is eternal, lost and saved.....even worse will be answering for things done in this life.........
The above, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of warm, happy thoughts that lurk in the minds of fundies.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:07 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Mat 15:14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

Old 01-24-2019, 01:07 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Quote:
But yet, why do atheists lead all belief groups in suicides if they consider life that precious?
I love how religious fanatics like to twist motives of those they oppose around.
I think the groups you refer to believe in the right to die, not belief in or pro suicide.
Same goes for abortion - nobody is pro abortion and thinks its some great idea, instead they are pro choice because they feel the right over one's body is more important than the death of an unborn fetus.
What we really have are opposing groups who view personal freedom over oneself differently, not good/evil, or black/white as religious fanatics love to frame the debate.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:11 PM

1,402 posts, read 476,797 times
Quote:
What an amazing coincidence! I see a ton of folks who will spend their lives here on earth believing in man-made myths, concepts, and explanations for all manner of things FOR WHICH THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE. Some use that belief as a protective shield, some as a "get out of jail free" card, some so they don't have to think for themselves, some to threaten others with fire, brimstone and eternal damnation (you appear to live in that camp?)... and some/all are just wasting their time.

Funny how we can look at the same situation differently, isn't it?

Old 01-24-2019, 01:14 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Quote:
I doubt they will be damned to hell, but rather in a place with like minded people. Beats ending up in a place full of uptight, judgemental evangelists.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:26 PM

958 posts, read 303,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I love how religious fanatics like to twist motives of those they oppose around.
I think the groups you refer to believe in the right to die, not belief in or pro suicide.
Same goes for abortion - nobody is pro abortion and thinks its some great idea, instead they are pro choice because they feel the right over one's body is more important than the death of an unborn fetus.
What we really have are opposing groups who view personal freedom over oneself differently, not good/evil, or black/white as religious fanatics love to frame the debate.
No, I'm talking about the fact that atheists lead all belief groups in suicides per capita. I think it's because we all have gods, and their 'gods' are alcohol, drugs, and self-gratification, all of which lead to or are signs of depression. Not happiness.

So the idea that these atheists are high on this life is bogus.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
No, I'm talking about the fact that atheists lead all belief groups in suicides per capita. I think it's because we all have gods, and their 'gods' are alcohol, drugs, and self-gratification, all of which lead to or are signs of depression. Not happiness.

So the idea that these atheists are high on this life is bogus.
What a crock. I've never taken drugs (but know many christians who have) and don't drink (but my family -- who was made up of strict catholics and methodists -- had a number of alcoholics). How the heck do you know which group -- christians or atheists -- masturbate the most?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality