U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 12:01 AM

38,073 posts, read 25,724,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes. That's one way to explain how all the world's kingdoms could be shown to Jesus at once. One could also just say "Magic".
LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 06:23 AM

483 posts, read 395,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes. That's one way to explain how all the world's kingdoms could be shown to Jesus at once. One could also just say "Magic"
. LOL
You did.

It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving, it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. THOMAS PAINE

Old 01-04-2019, 07:21 AM

11,334 posts, read 4,411,445 times
I think the closest I may have come is when our children and us did group hugs. I just don't know, when they flung their heads back and laughed as we circled ... it was amazing.

that's when i knew "love" was a coded subroutine in a biological machine thats is a subset of reality.

Old 01-05-2019, 11:58 AM

13,885 posts, read 4,520,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
So how many believe that all the kingdoms of the world can be seen at one time?

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; Matt 4:8

And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. Luke 4:5
I do.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:06 PM

3,823 posts, read 1,395,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
So how many believe that all the kingdoms of the world can be seen at one time?

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; Matt 4:8

And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. Luke 4:5
If you have questioned the validity of this event about 2000 years ago then it would’ve made more sense but in this day and age?
I mean, it surely is possible to see all the kingdoms in the world in a moment. Spread a map on the table and take a look.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:30 PM

24,333 posts, read 12,576,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If you have questioned the validity of this event about 2000 years ago then it would’ve made more sense but in this day and age?
I mean, it surely is possible to see all the kingdoms in the world in a moment. Spread a map on the table and take a look.
How about all the "kingdoms" in the universe(s)?

Old 01-05-2019, 08:17 PM

13,885 posts, read 4,520,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think the estimate is 8 billions habitable Earths, it would be crazy to think we are the only people, and if we were the only people in this vast universe, it would sure make the creator look simple, what a waste.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:51 AM

3,823 posts, read 1,395,709 times
Quote:
Yes, it’s possible but obviously not possible at this stage of human history and human knowledge but who knows if we are actually going to be able to do so, let’s say 100,000 years in the future from now?

Your reaction is just like as if you were living 150 years ago and someone tells you that we will soon develop a way to fly over the Atlantic - you deny in disbelief but then the theory of an airplane is explained to you - and in response, you say, OK how about if we could fly to the moon?

Old 01-13-2019, 06:03 PM

4,820 posts, read 2,362,251 times
Quote:
I think the the kingdom Jesus was referring to is the one mentioned at Daniel 2:44.
So, possibly like a video / hologram image, Satan showed or projected for Jesus all of 'earth's kingdoms' along with their glory.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:08 PM

4,820 posts, read 2,362,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I think the estimate is 8 billions habitable Earths, it would be crazy to think we are the only people, and if we were the only people in this vast universe, it would sure make the creator look simple, what a waste.
In Scripture, we are at present the only planet with intelligent life.
If there were a faithful Adam and Eve anywhere else then there would be No need to first settle the sin issue here.
The sin issue, the issue of sovereignty (who governs best) has to be settled here first before intelligent life elsewhere.
Of course, I am speaking about visible physical life, the invisible angelic spirit realm has life in the invisible heavens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality