Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 08:40 AM

160 posts, read 62,361 times

Advertisements

Is Islam compatible for our Constitution and American civil law? This topic isn't about muslims in general but about what muslims follow--Islam. Muhammad is the authority of all things Islam. Without Muhammad you don't have Islam. The Qur'an is the most important holy book of Islam. It makes up 16% of the Islamic Canon of Scripture. The Qur'an tells muslims to follow the Sunnah:

Noble Qur'an 3:31,

"Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

The Sunnah makes up 84% of the Islamic Canon of Scripture. The Sunnah consist of the Seerah (the life of Muhammad; his biography), and the Hadith (the traditions of Muhammad, what he said and did). The Sunnah is an important part of Islam.

My question to this forum is whether or not the teachings in the Qur'an and Sunnah are compatible with our civil laws?

Old 06-21-2018, 08:45 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
No, it isn’t, but neither is conservative Christianity. It’s hard for me to single out Muslims as a threat to our democracy when you’ve got millions of American conservative Christians who think that our laws should be based on the Bible.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:46 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Of course Islam is compatible with the constitution and founding of this country: Freedom of religion, freedom of belief. It's all there. That's one of the highest and strongest of principles established in this country.

Coming from persecution and nation-controlled religion in England and Europe, early American leaders made it clear that all beliefs would be welcomed here.

That people now don't like that, don't understand that, and/or would rather revel in emotion and racism, changes nothing pertaining to the fundamental documents and laws of this country. Get over it, or move to a country with no freedom in this area.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:49 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,125 times
Might get better feedback in the forum for Islam. Most people here are not very educated about the religion.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:55 AM

If more Islamic emigrants come here, should our laws defend their beliefs to conquer our nation as the following hadith commands muslims to do:

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.1, Book 2, Chapter 26, Hadith No. 36,

"(26) CHAPTER. Al-Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is part of the faith.
36.Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet said, "Allah assigns for a person who participates in (holy battles) in Allah's Cause and nothing causes him to do so except belief in Allah and in His Messengers, that he will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise (if he is killed in battle as a martyr)" The Prophet added: "Had I not found it difficult for my followers, then I would not remain behind any Sariya (an army-unit) going for Jihad and I would have loved to be martyred in Allah's Cause and then made alive, and then martyred and then made alive, and then again martyred in His Cause."

Comment: "Al-Jihad (Holy Fighting) in Allah's Cause (with full force of numbers and weaponry) is given the utmost importance in Islam and is one of it's pillars (on which it stands). By Jihad Islam is established, Allah's Word is made superior. (His Word - La ilaha illallah - none has a right to be worshipped but Allah), and His Religion Islam is propagated. By abandoning Jihad (may Allah protect us from that) Islam is destroyed and the Muslims fall into an inferior position; their honor is lost, their lands are stolen, their rule and authority vanishes. Jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam on every Muslim, and he who tries escape from his duty, or does not in his innermost heart wish to fulfil this duty, dies with one of the qualities of a hypocrite."

Every muslim must perform an act of jihad in order to make it into Islam Paradise:

Sunan An-Nasa'i, Vol.4, Book 25, Chapter 2, Hadith 3099,

"Chapter 2. Stern Warning Against Forsaking Jihad

3099. It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet said, "Whoever dies without having fought or having thought of fighting, he dies on one of the branches of hypocrisy ." (Sahih)

Notice it says that a muslim who does not fight jihad is a hypocrite. To us hypocrisy in Islam sounds good. Those usually are the nice muslims. The question is: why should nice muslims be forced to kill you and me? The sharia answers this. It says that any muslimw who does not follow the entire law of Islam, the Qur'an, Sunnah, Jurisprudence, Tafsir, and all major scholarly consensus, will be killed.

Islamic Jurisprudence (Sharia Law):

Reliance of the Traveller,

APOSTASY
o8.1 "When a person who has reached the age of puberty and is sane voluntarily apostatizes from Islam, he deserves to be killed."
o8.2 "In such case, it is obligatory for the caliph (A: or his representative) to ask him to repent to Islam. If he does, it is accepted from him, but if he refuses, he is immediately killed."
08.4 "There is no indemnity for killing an apostate (O: or any expiation, since it is killing someone who deserves to die).
Then there are things attributed to the actions of an apostate:
08.7 (7), "to deny any verse of the Koran or anything which by scholarly consensus (def: b7) belongs to it, or to add a verse that does not belong to it;"

Does U.S. law allow for killing people who have converted to Islam but (a) changed their mind about Islam and want to leave, or (b) found it hard to follow all the laws and broke one--oops! (c) Disagrees with something he read in a Tafsir, or a hadith, or questions some things about Islam that are not allowed to be questioned?

Old 06-21-2018, 08:56 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
No, it isn’t, but neither is conservative Christianity. It’s hard for me to single out Muslims as a threat to our democracy when you’ve got millions of American conservative Christians who think that our laws should be based on the Bible.
Nonsense. Christianity does not teach that we should have our own set of laws, as Sharia Law does. Despite what you may think. Yes, there are some that might THINK that....but no, it's simply not the case for the vast majority of Christians, even ones like me that would be called "Fundies".

Having said that, I'd suggest that this might be a topic better discussed in the political forum.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Might get better feedback in the forum for Islam. Most people here are not very educated about the religion.
I was told not to post on that forum. I figure this section deals with everything so I opened topic here.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:58 AM

The US Constitution defends freedom of religion. There are no conditions on it as far as I'm aware.

I want to reiterate that I think you're looking for answers in the wrong place. This forum in particular skews toward people whose knowledge base is within Christianity and not Islam.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Islam is the law of the world, according to the Qur'an. Muhammad is your prophet according to Qur'an and Sunnah. This makes all laws of Islam global. The laws of the OT were for tiny little Israel, a country the size of the State of New Hampshire.

If you believe the Bible has a command to kill all unbelievers then you have to posts these passages here.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post
I was told not to post on that forum. I figure this section deals with everything so I opened topic here.
Were you really? That seems...odd for a question specifically about Islam. I checked that forum and didn't see a post from you at all. It's weird that you were told not to post there. How would anyone even know that's what you were going to do if you hadn't already done it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality