Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 06:21 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
You don't have any verifiable evidence as to what happens after death.
People rot. YOU have no evidence there is an afterlife.

Quote:
The account I read didn't mention that.
So you admit to not doing your research.

Quote:
However it is irrelevant. A God who can create the heavens and he earth can certainly keep someone alive in a giant firs for 3 days.
You are presuming YOUR version of YOUR god exists. Here is where you deny your argument is circular.

Quote:
First of all I have not made any excuses and second no one in the forum has posted a contradiction and you have no evidence it is biased.
You make up excuses all the time. Your paragraph I am referring to is one of them. The fact that Christians need to cherry pick their invented facts proves they are biased.

Quote:
What is dishonest is making claims and not providing any supporting evidence.

Self inflicted head shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 06:48 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
The story of Jonah is an allegory, but Biblical allegories are always based on literal events.
Just because you say so does not make it a fact.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:15 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
You don't have any verifiable evidence as to what happens after death.
Exactly what do you consider "verifiable evidence?"

Old 07-04-2018, 08:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
omega has proven himself to be devoid of logic and honesty. He is nothing but a clanging gong.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:22 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
...Being rude and crude is a sign of a low intellect. It shows they do not have the intellect to discuss differences and they think, wrongly, that insults will make their point. It does just the opposite. Most in this forum recognize bigotry when they see it and while they may not be Christians, they do see bigotry as an objectionable quality, and don't respect those who use it.

The trouble starts when people make stupid statements they can't prove and insult those more intelligent than they are.

You won't hear me say this often: Oh my god!

Old 07-04-2018, 09:23 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:

The account I read didn't mention that. However it is irrelevant. A God who can create the heavens and he earth can certainly keep someone alive in a giant firs for 3 days.

I think you've been watching "Inherit The Wind"...I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think the line was actually in the film.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:16 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx
A God who can create the heavens and he earth can certainly keep someone alive in a giant firs for 3 days.
A God who can create the heavens and the Earth could also make reindeer fly, if he so chooses. The problem is, we don't actually notice any flying reindeer. Much as we don't actually notice corpses returning to life and flying away.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:47 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
A God who can create the heavens and the Earth could also make reindeer fly, if he so chooses. The problem is, we don't actually notice any flying reindeer. Much as we don't actually notice corpses returning to life and flying away.

The fact that we don't see it doesn't mean it is not happening, unless you have some evidence it isn't.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think you've been watching "Inherit The Wind"...I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think the line was actually in the film.

Think again.

Are you ever going to post some bigoted remarks I have made? Admit you can't and you will feel better after the original embarrassment blows over.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You won't hear me say this often: Oh my god!

Just to clarify my remark, I am not saying I am more intelligent that trout. Just that many theologians and just some average Christians are highly intelligent and would trout to shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality