U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:00 AM

4,457 posts, read 1,035,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
All using the word for made, produced (as Philippians 2:7 as it).

Romans 1:2 also says this was a revelation in scripture, and not an actual historical birth.

Rom 1:2 says no such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 06:04 AM

6,249 posts, read 9,658,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wrong.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures
Let's just pretend that Good Friday and Easter Sunday are 3 days apart. And let's also pretend that a god did in fact save us by breaking his own commandment which deals with murder.

If this god actually did rise from his death, then that would mean that god faked his death in order to save humanity (there's another broken commandment; the one dealing with dishonesty). So why would I worship a deity who broke two of his own laws in the process of "saving" me? (And left no evidence that any of it happened)

Old 07-01-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Paul even calls Jesus an angel in Galatians 4:14. Revelations also calls Jesus an angel.

No he doesn't.

Quote:
Hebrews says he was a divine being greater than the angels, and who sacrificed once and once only in a heavenly tabernacle not made by human hands.

Closed enough.

Quote:
I had read some of Carriers arguments and found them possible but not convincing. It was not until I read the epistle to the Hebrews that I stopped believing in a historical Jesus.

The book of Hebrews is one of the best sources to believe in an historical Jesus. The truth is for some reason you do not want to believe in Jesus so you find way not to. There is more evidence that He did exist, than that He did not. The main question is was He divine?

Old 07-01-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. So revealed in the Old Testament.

And the Greek for 'appear' can also be used to mean seen in visions, and not as a resurrected man.

There is several Greek words for "appear." Which one are you referring to?

Old 07-01-2018, 06:11 AM

8,570 posts, read 11,882,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Omega, do you also think that Corinthians is more authoritative than the gospels?

Old 07-01-2018, 06:22 AM

15,157 posts, read 8,234,588 times
Quote:
that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. So revealed in the Old Testament.

And the Greek for 'appear' can also be used to mean seen in visions, and not as a resurrected man.
Read the rest of that passage. Paul is talking about a physcal event.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:24 AM

15,157 posts, read 8,234,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Let's just pretend that Good Friday and Easter Sunday are 3 days apart. And let's also pretend that a god did in fact save us by breaking his own commandment which deals with murder.

If this god actually did rise from his death, then that would mean that god faked his death in order to save humanity (there's another broken commandment; the one dealing with dishonesty). So why would I worship a deity who broke two of his own laws in the process of "saving" me? (And left no evidence that any of it happened)
Lol. Where do you get this “fake” death?

Old 07-01-2018, 06:32 AM

6,249 posts, read 9,658,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Lol. Where do you get this “fake” death?
It's simple. God played dead for 3 days and then flew away full of life. That's not how it's worded within the faith but that is what allegedly happened. Jesus played a game of "surprise y'all, I'm not dead... Told you I was god".

Old 07-01-2018, 07:04 AM

2,396 posts, read 409,863 times
Quote:
Time does not altar truth.
Altar?

Time does not alter neither truth nor lies.

Quote:
What I posted is not an unsubstantiated opinion. WE have 4 accounts give by men who considered bearing false witness a sin against their God. If only one hare reported it, you might have a point, but all 4 reported it. You have no evidence it did not happen as reported.
In your unsubstantiated opinion.

Quote:
You don't want to believe it, so you don't.
You are talking about yourself again. You don't want to believe the evidence we have given against the NT, so you don't.

Quote:
How?
Paul's first visit to Jerusalem is just the first.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:16 AM

2,396 posts, read 409,863 times
Quote:
Rom 1:2 says no such thing.
1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— 2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 regarding his Son, ...

Quote:
No he doesn't.
Not in the translations with added punctuation. But in the original Greek ...

καὶ τὸν πειρασμὸν μου τὸν ἐν τῇ σαρκί μοῦ οὐκ ἐξουθενήσατε οὐδὲ ἐξεπτύσατε ἀλλ' ὡς ἄγγελον θεοῦ ἐδέξασθέ με ὡς Χριστὸν Ἰησοῦν

Quote:
The book of Hebrews is one of the best sources to believe in an historical Jesus. The truth is for some reason you do not want to believe in Jesus so you find way not to. There is more evidence that He did exist, than that He did not. The main question is was He divine?
The book that says Jesus was a divine being that never walked the earth, and that his one and only sacrifice was in heaven (refuting the gospel accounts)?

Quote:
ὁράω
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality