Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:14 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Your understanding is just as limited
Uuuuhhhh...I think I said that. Multiple times. And it goes without saying that these are my opinions. Some of you need to ask yourselves why you feel so threatened by a stranger's views. There is no reason to be aggy if what you believe is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 12:18 PM

You are putting words in my mouth. Point out where I blamed anyone.

No, my belief doesn't discard free will. God will allow you to make your own choices. That includes choices that conflict with his guidance. Because he has already laid out clearly what happens when you follow his guidance, and what happens when you disobey. When you repeatedly disobey, he will turn away from you. Basically taking a "you're on your own" stance. But if you turn back on the right path, he will be with you. That doesn't mean you won't face hardships (trials). But he will be there while you endure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I just don't understand how you can place fault or guilt upon a victim or their family. Doesn't your belief discard the concept of free will? Can nothing happen unless your God let's it?

Old 07-12-2018, 12:30 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Uuuuhhhh...I think I said that. Multiple times. And it goes without saying that these are my opinions. Some of you need to ask yourselves why you feel so threatened by a stranger's views. There is no reason to be aggy if what you believe is the truth.
Yes, isn't it interesting how many christians are so threatened by a Buddhist temple, or Hindu temple, or Islamic mosque being built in their community that they resort to defacement, arson, and even murder? Isn't it interesting what happened to Joseph Smith and his brother...at the hands of christians. Isn't interesting what the Ku Klux Klan did "to uphold Christian morality". Yes, isn't it interesting that at least 11 people have been killed in attacks on abortion clinics in the U.S. by members of the Army Of God, the Christian Identity, the Christian Patriots, and the Lambs of Christ. Isn't it interesting what the murderer of John Lennon gave as his reason for the assassination? Yes, aren't the case of Charles Barbee, Robert Berry and Jay Merelle interesting. Yes, isn't it interesting that some gay people have been murdered by Christians upholding their faith. Yes, isn't it interesting how members of the Hutaree christian cult behaved, leading to police raids in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.

No. No one could ever accuse christians of feeling threatened by a stranger's view.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:33 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Oh, then exactly who were the authors?
Of?

Old 07-12-2018, 12:36 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Of?
One of several things I don't do is play foolish games.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:43 PM

There you go making assumptions again. I'm not a Christian. You should seriously evaluate why you have so much animosity toward Christians. Nothing in my posts say anything about religion. The first thing EVERYONE needs to do is stop with the assumptions.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:44 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You are putting words in my mouth. Point out where I blamed anyone.

No, my belief doesn't discard free will. God will allow you to make your own choices. That includes choices that conflict with his guidance. Because he has already laid out clearly what happens when you follow his guidance, and what happens when you disobey. When you repeatedly disobey, he will turn away from you. Basically taking a "you're on your own" stance. But if you turn back on the right path, he will be with you. That doesn't mean you won't face hardships (trials). But he will be there while you endure.
Basically that if you turn your back on him you are on your own or that it might be something that the person has done or his family has done. How can that not be blaming the victim? We're the ones who died on the bus ones who repeatedly turned their backs and the ones who survived ones who obeyed God? If not why ever even bring that up? If those that died are because they disobeyed God and those that survived are the ones who obeyed God then the deaths must surely be the fault of the victims for not following some laws. But of course you have zero evidence supporting this concept.

The reason I am debating you on this is mostly trying to figure out what it is exactly that you believe as you appear to be protecting yourself by not being plain in your meaning. And your version of how G9d acts is not the same as many other Christians I prefer n9t to guess what you mean

Old 07-12-2018, 12:53 PM

I am being plain.I don't know how else to answer you. From my perspective, you are not accepting that I don't know. I gave you examples of what can possibly be at play...but I am not God, so I don't know what's at play for sure other than everything happens with his permission. You seem to view death as a bad thing, when it's an inevitable thing. Everyone is on their own path to evolution. You don't know where those children were on their path, so while your human understanding may say, "What a shame. This child didn't get a chance to live," you don't actually know that for certain. Your only measurement is that person's age. You don't know what type of life they lived here on earth. How do you know some of those children weren't being abused in their households and were delivered from that? You don't. That is my point. I can't be any clearer because you aren't accepting or trying to understand where I'm coming from.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:54 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
One of several things I don't do is play foolish games.
Heh..ok. Yah...good one.

You asked who the authors were. Authors of what? You want me to list the authors of 66 books? Or did you have a few in mind?

Old 07-12-2018, 01:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Heh..ok. Yah...good one.

You asked who the authors were. Authors of what? You want me to list the authors of 66 books? Or did you have a few in mind?

Try telling the truth sometime. You probably won't die. Just say , "I don't know."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality