Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:16 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times

Advertisements

You atheists never disappoint. Hope you had a good day today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 10:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You atheists never disappoint. Hope you had a good day today.
I'm not an atheist. But the mistake is common, understandable, and not offensive. I don't believe fairy tales are real either.

Have a spiffy day your own self.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:40 PM

My post was in response to Rafius. I don't understand why some people feel the need to always come in and express how they don't believe. WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST 1,000,000 TIMES. It's one thing to have a discussion about why you don't believe, but if you aren't adding to the conversation...sometimes it's okay to smile, nod, and stay silent.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
My post was in response to Rafius. I don't understand why some people feel the need to always come in and express how they don't believe. WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST 1,000,000 TIMES. It's one thing to have a discussion about why you don't believe, but if you aren't adding to the conversation...sometimes it's okay to smile, nod, and stay silent.

You used the plural, so I assumed you meant both of us, since our posts were in succession.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
My post was in response to Rafius. I don't understand why some people feel the need to always come in and express how they don't believe.
...because it's a discussion forum where people discuss their differences. I'm sorry if that's confusing to you.

Quote:
WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST 1,000,000 TIMES.
Just like we've heard believers trotting out their same old arguments about Josephus, Tacitus et al and vomiting the same old bible verses a 1,000,000 times.

...and of course, we feel the need to counter belief that ancient mythology is true - otherwise you'll be teaching it as fact in our schools.

Quote:
It's one thing to have a discussion about why you don't believe, but if you aren't adding to the conversation..
If you guys keep coming up with the same old tired and debunked arguments for why you believe then don't be surprised if you get the same rebuttals.

Quote:
...sometimes it's okay to smile, nod, and stay silent.
Yes, especially when you have no answer to what you are confronted with.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You used the plural, so I assumed you meant both of us, since our posts were in succession.
Well I remember Rafius because he's(?) gone back & forth with me before. But in general...all the atheist posts run together. No disrespect. I just don't pay much attention to topics that don't interest me, and many times I'm not paying attention to the names. Your post was religiously ambiguous.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:39 PM

Honestly Rafius...and anyone else who doesn't believe...I respect your right to choose your own path. I'm not on a mission to convert anyone. I'm not religious, so there's nothing to convert to. I'm here to encourage people to just read the scriptures themselves...even if you think it's fiction. At least you'll be making an informed decision.

On a more practical note...I just don't understand the logic behind arguing about something you don't believe in. Since you don't think there's a hereafter, that means you only get one life. Why would you want to waste precious time fighting against a cause you don't believe in? I'd think you'd want to use that time doing something to enrich yourself. I say this with all sincerity. There are so many fruitful things you could be doing. What benefit do you get from picking fights with believers all day?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:28 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
My entire life’s history could be erased from the cloud and my hard drive in seconds
Does that mean I am fiction?

The great libraries of earth were burned in the attempt to rewrite history -the destruction of evidence of history is happening right now here and in the Mideast
I am sure the documentation you need and the corrections to the Bible -went up in flames by people trying to rewrite history
You are arguing from evidence we do not have. Perhaps the evidence we 'need and the corrections to the Bible' simply never existed.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yet millions of believers have personal witness of the Holy Spirit in the bible as He still abides of believers who are saved for heaven , where by believing the call and commands of Jesus Christ to repent and have a love and interaction with God , Holy Spirit is in the bible and He is on the spirit of believers ....... Still deniers of the truth of Christ have no witness and no right the have a witness of Holy Spirit who is in the bible ...............
What does this even mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Then there is the evidence of the Pilate stone which is archaeological evidence of the governor Pontius Pilate who is the one who put Jesus Christ of the cross and lynched Him , as this stone was found in 1961 by Antonio Frova and the Pilate stone said ``dis augustis tiberieum , Pontius Pilatus , Praefectus Judaeae , fecit d e dicavit or in English ``to the divine augusti this Tiberieum, Pontius Pilate , perfect of Judea , has dedicated this ..................See here is two biblical persons who have evidence for people today
And we have the burial place of Napoleon. that does not make the fictional novel War and Peace true, nor does it mean Pierre Bezhukov existed.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:36 AM

Quote:
My post was in response to Rafius. I don't understand why some people feel the need to always come in and express how they don't believe. WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST 1,000,000 TIMES.
Because we are responding to the religious claims.

Quote:
It's one thing to have a discussion about why you don't believe, but if you aren't adding to the conversation...sometimes it's okay to smile, nod, and stay silent.

If the religious did this, what a quiet, more peaceful world we would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality