Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 12:30 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,539,813 times

Advertisements

This is what I suggest to those of you that are religious.

Don't be an easy pray for those that discuss in these forum just to insult you and demean you.

If they start a thread, you can tell if all they want is to prove you wrong or make you look dumb. Don't participate in their threads.

If they comment in an existing thread with disdainful rhetoric, ignore it. Fight the urge to discuss or comment on what they say.

I must say I get a kick out of it when many of you fall for all those tactics.

By all means, do interact with those that genuinely and honestly try to engage in instructive arguments.

In due time, some may leave you alone if they do not get your attention because they know they can't push your button anymore.

I wonder why some are that way. Maybe they want to look smart because in the real world they have low self esteem. Some may simply be arrogant individuals that like to feed their hubris. Who knows, some have been abused as children and now they want to be the bullies. In all fairness, some were verbally abused by religious parents, shame on them but it is not YOUR fault.

Think about it.
You have a great day.
elamigo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 12:32 PM

22,981 posts, read 10,321,048 times
Bad advise.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Bad advise.
Expand please. Why is it bad?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:40 PM

50,423 posts, read 23,999,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Why are you giving advice to most people here who believe in god and that Jesus is the son of god and that the bible is the word of god, when you state that you "Do not believe in Jesus being the Son of God or the Bible as the Word of God"?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why are you giving advice to most people here who believe in god and that Jesus is the son of god and that the bible is the word of god, when you state that you "Do not believe in Jesus being the Son of God or the Bible as the Word of God"?
Do I have to believe in Jesus, the Bible, etc. in order to recommend something to anyone? No.

Instead of asking a questions, why not just tell me that you do not agree with my recommendations and why?

Don't go around the bush. Provide your logic.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,297,689 times
Quote:

Don't be an easy pray for those that discuss in these forum just to insult you and demean you.

If they start a thread, you can tell if all they want is to prove you wrong or make you look dumb. Don't participate in their threads.

If they comment in an existing thread with disdainful rhetoric, ignore it. Fight the urge to discuss or comment on what they say.

By all means, do interact with those that genuinely and honestly try to engage in instructive arguments.

In due time, some may leave you alone if they do not get your attention because they know they can't push your button anymore.

I wonder why some are that way. Maybe they want to look smart because in the real world they have low self esteem. Some may simply be arrogant individuals that like to feed their hubris. Who knows, some have been abused as children and now they want to be the bullies. In all fairness, some were verbally abused by religious parents, shame on them but it is not YOUR fault.

Think about it.
You have a great day.
elamigo

Would you give the same advice to the non religious in not to respond to those religious folks who wish to insult the non religious? Or in the Christianity forum those Christians who insult other Christians who are of a different denomination?

Nice that you were able to provide a clinical diagnosis for fre. 😀

Old 07-24-2018, 12:56 PM

18,902 posts, read 6,912,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Bad advise.
Do you mean "advice"?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:56 PM

22,981 posts, read 10,321,048 times
Quote:
Ignoring other people because you don't agree with them, how many people do you figure come into this forum regularly? We are just a bunch of people hanging around, and if somebody is irritating, it is the best way to show love. If a Christian can't handle the heat, should he act in love or ignore the whole world?

Old 07-24-2018, 01:18 PM

50,423 posts, read 23,999,031 times
Quote:

Think about it.
You have a great day.
elamigo
In other words, what you want is for christians to stay in their safe place echo chamber and not have to think about the many aspects of religious and spiritual life.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:25 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,595,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Do you mean "advice"?

There, their, they're, sir. You knew exactly what he meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality