Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 02:37 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymonsback View Post
I think anyone who is not part of your particular group is considered a false profit. Its how religions work outside of non denominational. But some will consider them false profits. I think all religion is false.
You would be wrong. There are spiritual groups, within Christianity as well as outside of it, that acknowledge the validity of other spiritual paths.

And unless you want this moved to the Economics forum, I think you should refer to prophets rather than profits.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-13-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 03:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post

It can also be spelled boloney.
But not “ bolony” as you have consistently misspelled it...

Quote:
What a silly remark. Feinberg is an expert in Hebrew, no ti n American slang. I know it's hard for you but try to stay on subject
Who says Feinberg is an expert on Hebrew?...Certainly not the Jews who actually know Hebrew...

Old 08-13-2018, 03:47 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I am a poor typist and an even worse review of my posts. I really do try to do i right but I fail a lot of her time. Thanks for he reminder,
Like in this post?...

Old 08-13-2018, 04:54 PM

23,156 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Cut because my tired of brain won't take this at my time of life.

I am sure it is speaking of the land of Egypt and it was not desolate for 40 years. Of course, this isn't one I'd use myself because it is open to interpretation. An interregnum or a collapse of authority or being conquered (technically) by Assyria, though I don't think a Governor was ever sent, could be Interpreted as Egypt being 'desolate'. However it is, I can't take your post seriously (sorry, because you put a lot of work in) But just take that bit
"I am Pharaoh, king of Egypt, I am also King of Assyria." it's devoid of context. Where's it from? It looks very much like a quotemine, and they are always dodgy.

You are sure, and so am I. We are discussing very esoteric prophesies that cannot be understood by everyone

What I said is taught in Galatians, that Egypt represents the flesh and we are all called to come out of Egypt,'' Out of Egypt I have called my son.''

We have to make a willing decision just as Moses had made when he refused to be the son of the Pharaoh where all his desires came true, instead, he chose to suffer as the servants of God, no longer wanting to be the first born as a king, but he chose to be the second born as a servant.

Galatians teaches us that we are Ishmael, AND Isaac, the first born and the second born and there is a law of flesh for the body in slavery to sin, but also another law for the second son who is a free man.

That we are Cain and Abel, flesh and spirit, Just as Egypt represents the flesh, and that God has chosen the flesh to die as it is.

This is why it is said that Jesus died in Egypt.

When Egypt, Assyria and Israel become one, it is speaking of body, soul and flesh.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:56 PM

Pharaoh is the spirit of the monster within the waters of the flesh. The king of Assyria also represents a spirit in our own spiritual makeup, and when these 2 become one, they become Israel.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:02 PM

Explaining how we are made up of a first born and a second born son, that we are Ishmael, AND Isaac.

This goes along with all the first born sons, and all the second born sons that show us what we are in flesh and spirit.

Egypt is all flesh.

Blessing to Egypt, Assyria, Israel
…24In that day Israel will join a three-party alliance with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing upon the earth. 25The LORD of Hosts will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt My people, Assyria My handiwork, and Israel My inheritance.” My People ~ The handiwork of my people ~ What my people become

Galatians
Hagar and Sarah
21Tell me, you who want to be under the Law, do you not understand what the Law says? 22For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born because of the promise.

24These things serve as illustrations, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children into slavery: This is Hagar. 25Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present-day Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. 27For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren woman,
who bears no children;
break forth and cry aloud,
you who have never travailed;
because more are the children of the desolate woman,
than of her who has a husband.”
28Now you,brothers, like Isaac, are children of the promise. 29At that time, however, the son born by the flesh persecuted the son born by the Spirit. It is the same now. 30But what does the Scripture say? “Expel the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” 31Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:10 PM

The scripture in question of Egypt has been a very unique prophesy because of the astounding reality it is showing, and this prophesy in Ezekiel that is also in Jeremiah and Isaiah, it is showing Egyptians and Assyrians going through the exact same things Israel went through, SO MUCH SO, that much debate has been offered over who those Egyptians and Assyrians are, many Jews believe it is speaking about Jews because of it's repeating of the story of the Exodus because the story repeating makes the Egyptians and Assyrians begin keeping the feasts of God because of their own 40 year wanderings just as Israel went through.....It is the Exodus happening the same way it happened, but now it is happening to Gentiles, that all must come out of Egypt.

Has it happened?

Have Gentiles also chosen to leave Egypt?

Old 08-13-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Except for when the Bible is clearly NOT accurate. Like HERE for example:

Ezek.29
man, set thy face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt:
[3] Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have

Understand that a monster in the rivers is in you, a sea monster is in you, they are your waters. It is speaking of the serpent, of the sea monster, in leviathan, that old dragon and his spirits

There are very many scriptures to study about serpents, dragons, leviathans and the like, and they are always speaking of what is inside you, it is not speaking of the king of Egypt, YOU ARE EGYPT.

Do you think anyone can tell you what you can do with your own flesh? YOU are the king, and when you desire something by the flesh that is wrong, YOU DECIDE, but you have to decide from 3. You want to go against your conscience, and you are in a struggle of two kingdoms, the flesh wanting something and the spirit of your conscience telling you NO.

THERE YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE, O king of Egypt, O king of Babylon. YOU DECIDE with every action and who can stand against you?

Isaiah
The LORD's Vineyard
1In that day the LORD will take His sharp, great, and mighty sword, and bring judgment on Leviathan, the fleeing serpent— Leviathan, the coiling serpent— and He will slay the dragon of the sea. 2In that day: “Sing about a fruitful vineyard.…

Ezekiel 32:2
"Son of man, take up a lament for Pharaoh king of Egypt and say to him: 'You are like a lion among the nations; you are like a monster in the seas. You thrash about in your rivers, churning up the waters with your feet and muddying the streams.'

Old 08-13-2018, 11:50 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are sure, and so am I. We are discussing very esoteric prophesies that cannot be understood by everyone

What I said is taught in Galatians, that Egypt represents the flesh and we are all called to come out of Egypt,'' Out of Egypt I have called my son.''

We have to make a willing decision just as Moses had made when he refused to be the son of the Pharaoh where all his desires came true, instead, he chose to suffer as the servants of God, no longer wanting to be the first born as a king, but he chose to be the second born as a servant.

Galatians teaches us that we are Ishmael, AND Isaac, the first born and the second born and there is a law of flesh for the body in slavery to sin, but also another law for the second son who is a free man.

That we are Cain and Abel, flesh and spirit, Just as Egypt represents the flesh, and that God has chosen the flesh to die as it is.

This is why it is said that Jesus died in Egypt.

When Egypt, Assyria and Israel become one, it is speaking of body, soul and flesh.
I get it, metaphor without limits. Well, I don't see the Bible a metaphor to be interpreted (other than Revelation) but it means what it says. Though I will admit that Jewish thought today, or at least not long ago decided that some of the Genesis/Exodus stuff had to be a metaphor for man's existence, presumably because they couldn't believe it as fact any more than I could.

But you know, taking it as something that has to be mentally wrestled with to get out of it something boneheadedly simply like 'we should all be nice guys', just doesn't seem worth the effort. I'd much rather start with plain speech about the human condition and discussing it, not just accepting it as true, either as fact or metaphor, just because it is in the Bible.

The Bible isn't worth the reading. The only reason i do is because society is controlled far too much by people who believe it. As soon as it is not, it will never be opened by me again.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-14-2018 at 12:03 AM..

Old 08-13-2018, 11:57 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I get it, metaphor without limits. Well, I don't see the Bible a metaphor to be interpreted (other than revelation) but it means what it says. Though I will admit that Jewish thought today, or at least not long ago decided that some of the Genesis/Exodus stuff had to be a metaphor for man's existence, presumably because they couldn't believe it as fact any more than I could.
Strange how their Bible never means what it actually says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality