Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:26 PM

129 posts, read 101,800 times

Advertisements

I am an Atheist and know a lot of others since I am in a organization of Humanist. I was 11 when I had two girlfriends walk me to school and organized make out parties after school. Our Parish priest was called in to speak to me to no avail. At 15 I was dating a bisexual girl and we got engaged at 18 but she cheated on me so we broke up. My parents let my ex fiancé sleep over and once walked in on us having sex and only asked what we would like for dinner before leaving us alone. My second girlfriend and I were in an open relationship. She is bi too.

My third girlfriend became my wife and guess what, she too is bi and shared her girlfriend with me for most of our 46 years of marriage. She is the one who was repressed sexually by her religion and as a consequence was a virgin in all ways at the age of 19 after which I brought her over to the dark side. She was very religious but not anymore since she sees that religion is based on faith and not facts. to

Since we tended to have sexually liberated friends, all atheists for some reason, I would dispute the argument made. None were sexually repressed. Quite the opposite. Belief in a deity is based on faith, not sexual repression. If anything, repressing free thinking and threatening children with burning in Hell would tend to make them believe in God more than exposing them to other ideas and none threats if they do not believe in a God.

Contrary to what so many think. Atheists are not a group or religion no more than people who prefer Bach to Beethoven. We simply do not believe due to lack of facts. We also do not mind if people choose go believe in a religion unless they try to force their religion on us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 02:33 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyfl View Post
I am an Atheist and know a lot of others since I am in a organization of Humanist. I was 11 when I had two girlfriends walk me to school and organized make out parties after school. Our Parish priest was called in to speak to me to no avail. At 15 I was dating a bisexual girl and we got engaged at 18 but she cheated on me so we broke up. My parents let my ex fiancé sleep over and once walked in on us having sex and only asked what we would like for dinner before leaving us alone. My second girlfriend and I were in an open relationship. She is bi too.

My third girlfriend became my wife and guess what, she too is bi and shared her girlfriend with me for most of our 46 years of marriage. She is the one who was repressed sexually by her religion and as a consequence was a virgin in all ways at the age of 19 after which I brought her over to the dark side. She was very religious but not anymore since she sees that religion is based on faith and not facts. to

Since we tended to have sexually liberated friends, all atheists for some reason, I would dispute the argument made. None were sexually repressed. Quite the opposite. Belief in a deity is based on faith, not sexual repression. If anything, repressing free thinking and threatening children with burning in Hell would tend to make them believe in God more than exposing them to other ideas and none threats if they do not believe in a God.

Contrary to what so many think. Atheists are not a group or religion no more than people who prefer Bach to Beethoven. We simply do not believe due to lack of facts. We also do not mind if people choose go believe in a religion unless they try to force their religion on us.
"Lands sakes, Jed, You ain't gonna let them kids carry on in them thar sinful ways?"

"Sassafras, Granny, they ain't doin' no harm. Jes 'so long as they don't so it in the stable and skeer the hosses..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Ya gotta know just where and how hard to kick the intricate goldbricking electronic machinery today. It was much easier with steam engines old timer.

(A tip of the hat to the immortal Walt Kelly)
Yeah, I'll take no crap from gadgetry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Tha's an unusual way to fix an Internet modem. Glad it worked. We've missed you.

More target practice needed - better luck next time.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-08-2018 at 02:43 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 03:08 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Me or the Op David JJ? I'm ok and my Internet connection is, now. I kicked it until it gave in and co -operated.

I know you are okay. I am very happy to see you.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:31 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Hey vinnyfl, just curious what humanist organization that you belong to. BTW, you seem to have taken the OP seriously....how weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality