Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 03:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
1. If God decides fish can talk, they'll talk.
2. No, the earth is not flat, and the Bible doesn't say it is.
3. And no--I think Jonah actually died. It never says he was alive.
4. Even you can be saved, Dude, if you trust in Jesus. Please come to Jesus.

No need. I am close in spirit to Jesus. You are close in spirit to his old man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 04:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
1. If God decides fish can talk, they'll talk.
2. No, the earth is not flat, and the Bible doesn't say it is.
3. And no--I think Jonah actually died. It never says he was alive.
4. Even you can be saved, Dude, if you trust in Jesus. Please come to Jesus.
So Jonah was a Zombie that showed up at Ninevah?...No wonder they converted, that’d scare the hell outta anybody...

Old 08-25-2018, 11:57 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
He is Messiah, as promised by their prophets.
Not so. The Jesus character did not fulfil even one of the Messianic prophecies - not a single one.

Quote:

I'm done.
Again??

Old 08-26-2018, 12:55 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Not so. The Jesus character did not fulfill even one of the Messianic prophecies - not a single one.
Yes, He did fulfill all the REAL ones, just NOT the ones Israelites EXPECTED in their ignorance and carnal minded desires for a worldly King.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, He did fulfill all the REAL ones, just NOT the ones Israelites EXPECTED in their ignorance and carnal minded desires for a worldly King.
Go take your pills old son. You come back with this tripe every time...and then our Jewish friends, you know, the ones that are actually involved in the story , tell you that you are wrong - but still you come back with it.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:34 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
It's been accepted for roughly 2000 years, so I'll appeal to history. Do you have proof otherwise?
Not good enough for me, sorry.

For starters, we see in modern times how the religious will 'misrepresent the truth' to support their claims. I went to a church a few times with my then wife and every single time the pastor would not only misrepresent but actually lie. Unless he actually believed himself, in which case he was simply deluded but I suspect the former. So why would I think that people were any different through the ages?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Go take your pills, old son. You come back with this tripe every time...and then our Jewish friends, you know, the ones that are actually involved in the story, tell you that you are wrong - but still you come back with it.
Refusing to recognize the Messianic reality of Christ for over 2000+ years simply reflects a tenacious unwillingness to acknowledge the truth. It is actually very sad.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:30 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Refusing to recognize the Messianic reality of Christ for over 2000+ years simply reflects a tenacious unwillingness to acknowledge the truth. It is actually very sad.
But Mystic.......Biblical Idolatry is so much Easier !

Old 08-26-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
It's not sad my dear old toad. It's just accepting that that people that invented and wrote the stories for themselves would know more than an insignificant blood-sect that came along a thousand years later and decided that they understood the story better than those that invented it.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:32 AM

Quote:
It's not sad my dear old toad. It's just accepting that that people that invented and wrote the stories for themselves would know more than an insignificant blood-sect that came along a thousand years later and decided that they understood the story better than those that invented it.
And that is why you err, Rafe. They didn't invent anything. They received inspirations from God and interpreted them based on their beliefs about God and His Plans for them. He was their War God and their expectations drove their interpretation. They were wrong and history has shown it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality