Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:32 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
how much stock would you put in a story from someone involved in prostitution, drug running, poisoning hundreds, wiretapping, immigration fraud, voter fraud, arson, assassination plans, stockpiling an arsenal of weapons, and was arrested and deported for a broad range of criminal activities
So you're saying a disreputable person is incapable of telling a true story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 10:54 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So you're saying a disreputable person is incapable of telling a true story?
no
i'm saying i question them as a source of spiritual guidance which includes living an ethical life.
it's like asking a pedophile to babysit your kids.
or going to a pimp for guidance about how to treat women with respect.

that said,
i agree with the point urkoz makes about what we focus on and believe, we cause to happen in our lives.
that is a very valid principle and an important one in understanding Universal law.

"what you focus on you become" is how some put it, or "wherever your thoughts go there you are"
or "thoughts become things choose the good ones"

related to that, not just the thoughts we have, we bring into our lives; but also the "teacher" we associate with or go to for teachings or look to for guidance, whether they are living or dead, requires us to use discernment because there are risks and there are consequences

all the more reason to choose our teachers with care, and look at not just the words they say or the lessons they teach or the ideas they espouse, but how they live their daily life. that is the energy we are binding ourselves to and partaking of and imbibing in a very real tangible sense. if someone is engaged in toxic activities i choose not to invite that into by being.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-18-2018 at 11:20 PM..

Old 08-19-2018, 02:54 AM

57 posts, read 39,404 times
Hmmm I do agree with the fact that I have to make it happen. He was right about me and my father not having similar views. That I dont like working under anyone and said Il do well on my own but lets see. I aint leaving a well paid directors salary from my business untill I find something worthwhile.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:39 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
how much stock would you put in a story from someone involved in prostitution, drug running, poisoning hundreds, wiretapping, immigration fraud, voter fraud, arson, assassination plans, stockpiling an arsenal of weapons, and was arrested and deported for a broad range of criminal activities
What was the point in posting your long story about the salad poisoning? All he asked was if the story of Radjnish's death was true and if a link was available?

Old 08-19-2018, 06:30 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Come now, the US isn't that bad.

so, Numerology? Or isn't anyone buying?

Old 10-17-2019, 09:41 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
So I went to a 2 hour "talk" on Numerology yesterday. I'm pretty skeptical about it. Trying to bring in things like house numbers, social security numbers, telephone numbers, license plate numbers/letters...seemed like a step too far for me.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:22 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
So I went to a 2 hour "talk" on Numerology yesterday. I'm pretty skeptical about it. Trying to bring in things like house numbers, social security numbers, telephone numbers, license plate numbers/letters...seemed like a step too far for me.
Most are numbers you have no control over and are "assigned" to you so you really pay no attention to them.

But, once in a while, those numbers may be connected somehow in odd coincidence.
And it may be in retrospect that you see it.

Here's an example of that type of connection I just experienced. FWIW I find numbers and all of math fascinating and look for connections and love symmetry in things.

Here's my example.

I just recently moved and bought a condo. I looked at several but when I saw this particular one I felt so at peace when I walked in. Ended up buying it. Then started wondering why this particular condo stood out so much. There were other condos for sale in different buildings with the same floorplan but they didn't give me the same "feeling".

Turns out there is a lot of symmetry..a lot. Each room has 2 windows, the kitchen has 2 sets of 2 windows, 2 closets in master bedroom, 2 sinks in master bath, etc. Even the built in cabinets and patio door are centered so that there is equal wall on either side of them. Further....the condo building number is 2, I'm on the 2nd floor and my apt number ends in a 2.

But it wasn't until after the fact that I realized how many 2's (symmetry) were connected to this condo.
Truly odd coincidence and totally fascinating to me.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:58 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
I kinda like this about house numbers. It seems to fit our current place anyway.:

https://feliciabender.com/are-you-li...for-your-home/

Old 10-18-2019, 11:34 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Moved from main R&S forum

Old 10-21-2019, 03:57 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
There are no numbers, numbers don't exist, this from a person who lived by numbers for years, there are none. You can take any numbers and spiritualize them. I can take any set of numbers, no matter how many, and then write out what the numbers say, but what use is it? Getting consummed by noticing numbers and colors can be very, very disabling, I don't recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism