Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 09:24 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It was destroyed to move the plot along. Lot had to be isolated with his daughters. His city is destroyed, his wife dies and is turned into a pillar of salt, and he flees with the two daughters to the mountains where the forefathers of the Moabites and Ammonites are born in incestuous bastardy. He wouldna gotten to that cave in the mountains and had drunken sex with his own offspring had Sodom and Gomorrah not been destroyed.

Bible stories are so darn moral and spiritually uplifting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 PM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Bible stories are so darn moral and spiritually uplifting!
It is so sad that so many Christians actually believe they have to defend the evil and barbaric things in the Bible to defend their Faith in God. A travesty!

Old 10-18-2018, 07:41 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Note: This post was moved from the following thread in the Christianity forum:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ucifix-16.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I did assume she was speaking of the RCC, but I’m not understanding how their view of communion ties into the abuse issue? Also, they are not the only church body that has a more literal view of it.
Because of the abuse of the power. The lies. The mockery. Priests do NOT change literal wine into LITERAL BLOOD. It is a lie. It is all to give them an illusion of "power". Of "Authority".

They wield power over people. They wield power over children and abuse them and threaten them. They have people going to confession (CHILDREN). Think about what that means. Think about the abuse. Think about the fact that these kids don't say anything. Until years and years and years later. Do you see how easily a child could feel scared to speak up?

Yes. I am talking about the RCC.
I know many catholics who are wonderful, wonderful, loving people.
But they need to WAKE THE HELL UP.

Yes, I'm pissed. Do you know why?

THIS IS WHY:

GRAND JURY REPORT. Just a warning, it is very disturbing. I don't even want to link it, but it needs to be known. The light must be shined on the darkness.
https://cbspittsburgh.files.wordpres...dresponses.pdf

Just think. This is only ONE state. Pennsylvania.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-18-2018 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Moved post to proper topic thread

Old 10-18-2018, 08:48 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is so sad that so many Christians actually believe they have to defend the evil and barbaric things in the Bible to defend their Faith in God. A travesty!
So true.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:22 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Because of the abuse of the power. The lies. The mockery. Priests do NOT change literal wine into LITERAL BLOOD. It is a lie. It is all to give them an illusion of "power". Of "Authority".
Okay. I wasn’t aware that Catholicicism taught that priests do that. I thought they believed that God is responsible. Other church groups do not ascribe that power to their clergy, that I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
They wield power over people. They wield power over children and abuse them and threaten them. They have people going to confession (CHILDREN). Think about what that means. Think about the abuse. Think about the fact that these kids don't say anything. Until years and years and years later. Do you see how easily a child could feel scared to speak up?

Yes. I am talking about the RCC.
I know many catholics who are wonderful, wonderful, loving people.
But they need to WAKE THE HELL UP.

Yes, I'm pissed. Do you know why?

THIS IS WHY:

GRAND JURY REPORT. Just a warning, it is very disturbing. I don't even want to link it, but it needs to be known. The light must be shined on the darkness.
https://cbspittsburgh.files.wordpres...dresponses.pdf

Just think. This is only ONE state. Pennsylvania.
Your anger is understandable, and your admonishment well-founded. This wasn’t the topic I was addressing in my post from the other thread so I’ll bow out of this thread.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:24 PM

34,018 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Default Chicago withheld names of 500 accused

https://u-s-news.com/catholic-church...-abuse-report/

How many tens of thousands more were abused because of that coverup?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:35 PM

50,776 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
https://u-s-news.com/catholic-church...-abuse-report/

How many tens of thousands more were abused because of that coverup?
I just read this.

When will the religious admit that they value their institutional churches more than they value children?

Old 12-20-2018, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I just read this.

When will the religious admit that they value their institutional churches more than they value children?

Never by choice will they say it, but I suspect soon we will see prosecutors take far harsher action against the organization for the coverup.

Its reaching critical mass.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
While I agree with most of your post, I think saying that "The Catholic Church has become a pedophile ring" is hyperbole. When you Google articles about the prevalence of the abuse, most sources say that sexual abuse by priests is at about the same level as for other parts of the general population.
Disagree. Richard Sipes studied it, and he was a priest. Studies showed it at 6% minimum, while gen pop studies show US at anywhere from 2-4%.

Boston came in above 10% by the time full investigation done. Pa appears 10% RCC pedophilia rate.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Disagree. Richard Sipes studied it, and he was a priest. Studies showed it at 6% minimum, while gen pop studies show US at anywhere from 2-4%.

Boston came in above 10% by the time full investigation done. Pa appears 10% RCC pedophilia rate.
It should come to the surprise of none that any and all vocations/jobs in which adults are in charge of children would draw the attention of pedophiles and scrupulous screening should be involved during the admission processes.

We know the psychological profiles of many types of offenders. There are cues. There needs to be more education, training, and then implementation of what is learned to minimize the possibility of offenders achieving positions of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality