Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 05:44 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Absolutely, nor should Bishops. A private citizen aiding and abetting a felon gets charged, often, under RICO.
the catholics I know want at these priest at least as much as you do. Rightfully so I might just toss in there.
They feel "that was one of our own that did that to them, and us."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 06:03 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the catholics I know want at these priest at least as much as you do. Rightfully so I might just toss in there.
They feel "that was one of our own that did that to them, and us."
What are they doing about it?

Old 01-01-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What are they doing about it?
what little the law allows.

again back to the society "root causes" we go.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
what little the law allows.

again back to the society "root causes" we go.
That's not good enough if they're really concerned.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
That's not good enough if they're really concerned.

You suggest they break the law?

Old 01-01-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
You suggest they break the law?
Jeepers. Not at all.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:18 AM

34,006 posts, read 17,035,093 times
What we should do about it is urge the gov't to end Statue of Limitations on pedophilia, end being able to clear perv lawsuits in Bankruptcy Court, and charge Bishops under RICO whenever they move a perv to a new victim parish.

We should also urge the govt to end the Churches tax exempt status if they continue trying to undermine any of the changes above, via lobbying. $$$$ are what they are all about.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:08 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You are one of the few who think that way.
Actually, you are one of the few who thought otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why do you support the omerta the Catholic church is practicing when it comes to those criminal priests?
When did you stop beating your wife? You evidently were duped by Arach Angle's lying about my participation in this thread - his craven attempt to try to deflect attention away from the thread's new direction and back to what he apparently wanted, a one dimensional soap box for a Catholic-bashing free-for-all.

Quote:
You are looking at something we are not.
After five months of beating the same horse, one would hope you'd tone down the tunnel-vision a little bit. I guess that's the difference between you and I; I can condemn the church and look at the broader issue at the same time.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:07 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Actually, you are one of the few who thought otherwise.
Most thinking individuals can tell the difference between the actions of a group vs the individual. The USSR of Stalin was a horrible place, yet many Russians were not. Same goes for the Catholic church as an organization vs many good Catholics. Problem is, just like the NKVD (later the KGB) in the USSR, there are not only those that do the crimes, there are those in leadership who cover them up.

Quote:
When did you stop beating your wife? You evidently were duped by Arach Angle's lying about my participation in this thread - his craven attempt to try to deflect attention away from the thread's new direction and back to what he apparently wanted, a one dimensional soap box for a Catholic-bashing free-for-all.
Arach Angle makes his own points, I make mine. I am perfectly capable of doing so. Once again, this is not bashing the Catholic faith, it is castigating the Catholic organization, the church, who continues to this day practicing their omerta with regards to the criminal priests and bishops. Unless and until that organization proactively advises law enforcement of those priests and bishops that they protected through their coverups, that organization is actively complicit in those crimes, and should be branded a criminal organization. It is entirely in their hands to act responsibly. Not after the fact, when a priest or diocese is exposed, but in advance.

Do you have a problem with expecting that from the Catholic organization? If so, why? I actually want you to respond to this.

Quote:
After five months of beating the same horse, one would hope you'd tone down the tunnel-vision a little bit. I guess that's the difference between you and I; I can condemn the church and look at the broader issue at the same time.
What broader issue? And in our exchange, I see you not condemning the church at all, but defending it. If you were condemning it, your perspectives should not differ significantly from mine.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Jeepers. Not at all.
lmao, that's what I thought, just checking. yeah, some of them left, some of them are not practicing any more, some have address the church in their way.

they are disgusted at how america handles pedifiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality