Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 07:23 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,571,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Who "breathed the ' breath of life" into God? What has/will God return back into? Inquiring minds want to know.
And will get another Assertion. At best an explanatory one "God has always existed" at worst: "God is Alpha and Omega". Which is saying the same thing but with the hope that Biblequotes will add a spurious feel of authority, plus a bit of smugness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 10:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,507,048 times
I believe if someone was to come back from death and try to explain it to those still living, they would probably say things like, "its nothing like I ever imagined it to be".

We will likely find out that day how small and insignificant humans truly are, I have a feeling we will be astonished at how complex everything is/was, and the vastly different types of life that are out there (not just on planet earth), and how we are/were all connected in so many ways.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:32 AM

22,988 posts, read 10,329,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
That's ridiculous.

It's as valid as anyone else's opinion, how do you know Tzaph is wrong? You don't.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It may be like that. An apparently blank slate.

Or maybe our life on Earth may be considered as a seed planted in a fertile place in the universe.

Who knows might sprout from our planting?
Good answer.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:46 AM

Everyone always says that the garden fell, but one day, mankind would go back to how it was with the 3 in the garden of Adam.

An atom itself is made up of three tiny kinds of particles called subatomic particles: protons, neutrons, and electrons. The protons and the neutrons make up the center of the atom called the nucleus and the electrons fly around above the nucleus in a small cloud.

Yeah, I can do that., O yes I can. The most beautiful creature was a covering surrounding Adam and Eve, the covering cherub of electrons circling the two. O yeah, that is the ticket. Satan is the electrons.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:22 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,572,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Everyone always says that the garden fell, but one day, mankind would go back to how it was with the 3 in the garden of Adam.

An atom itself is made up of three tiny kinds of particles called subatomic particles: protons, neutrons, and electrons. The protons and the neutrons make up the center of the atom called the nucleus and the electrons fly around above the nucleus in a small cloud.

Yeah, I can do that., O yes I can. The most beautiful creature was a covering surrounding Adam and Eve, the covering cherub of electrons circling the two. O yeah, that is the ticket. Satan is the electrons.
Not to sidetrack, but you know marijuana will be legal in Canada in October? It may be of interest in your contemplations.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,450,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I said to a friend "I wonder what it's like after you die?" He said "What was it like before you were born?"
My grandmother used to say the same thing.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Not to sidetrack, but you know marijuana will be legal in Canada in October? It may be of interest in your contemplations.
Dude, don't worry about me, I am the original gangsta, you should worry about all those poor needy people who have to watch tv every night without any dube. I will be like Johnny Appleseed helping the millions as I go if I could.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:50 PM

6,910 posts, read 6,828,782 times
It IS a fact that folks 'know' or 'see' or 'hear' things while out of body in NDEs which suggest there is part of us which can leave. That suggests we are more than physical matter too.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:38 PM

9,951 posts, read 4,917,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It IS a fact that folks 'know' or 'see' or 'hear' things while out of body in NDEs which suggest there is part of us which can leave. That suggests we are more than physical matter too.
To me ' near death ' is Not actual death.
Jesus believed the dead are in a sleep-like state as per John 11:11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death -> Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4.
And as King Solomon wrote at Ecclesiastes 9:5 that the dead know nothing.
Adam was made of the dust of the Earth and ' returned ' back to the dust as per Genesis 3:19
ALL the resurrections Jesus performed brought people back to physical life on Earth.
Jesus promised Earth to humble meek people at Matthew 5:5 in reference to Psalm 37:9-11.
Since there will be ' future tense ' a resurrection..... Acts 24:15, so awakening from death's sleep is in the future under Christ's 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality