Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 06:32 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times

Advertisements

https://www.biblestudytools.com/pass...;+isaia+60:1-6

Do you believe it is your duty to take care of others to your own detriment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,441,143 times
The whole point is to study till you get to such a time as to do what Moses did. Jesus waited 30 years to get to this age, and then Jesus walked out in his 40 days just like Moses, and so it is said in the song of songs, '' O daughters of Jerusalem, do not seek love till it is time.''

When a wife and husband sold their houses and their businesses to give everything they own to the widows of Jerusalem, when they decided to become homeless, do you know what happened?

What happens when you give up everything is the realization that you now own everything, in giving everything up, you inherit the world. There are people around you with cars and money and clothes, there is no need for baggage or plans, the plan is this, you have inherted the world, so the plan is no worries, whatever it is that you need, it falls in your lap.

You give up everything, and you realize how important you really are, how important all people are to God.

You can't convince anyone of what happens after you have tested God as he tells us how to test him, but when we test him, he delivers a freaking flood. Look after the poor and the weak and sea if the heavens do not rain down a flood.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The whole point is to study till you get to such a time as to do what Moses did. Jesus waited 30 years to get to this age, and then Jesus walked out in his 40 days just like Moses, and so it is said in the song of songs, '' O daughters of Jerusalem, do not seek love till it is time.''

When a wife and husband sold their houses and their businesses to give everything they own to the widows of Jerusalem, when they decided to become homeless, do you know what happened?

What happens when you give up everything is the realization that you now own everything, in giving everything up, you inherit the world. There are people around you with cars and money and clothes, there is no need for baggage or plans, the plan is this, you have inherted the world, so the plan is no worries, whatever it is that you need, it falls in your lap.

You give up everything, and you realize how important you really are, how important all people are to God.

You can't convince anyone of what happens after you have tested God as he tells us how to test him, but when we test him, he delivers a freaking flood. Look after the poor and the weak and sea if the heavens do not rain down a flood.
Thanks for the sermon.

Do you want to respond to the question?

Old 10-18-2018, 07:18 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:

The splendor rain of courage.
Thankyou Han.

Its not often that you share this perspective.

And it is rarer that others give testimony of the Holy Spirit.

Back when I first saw the Cherub angels in the spirit. I was like, what were those? And what's with these rings.

Talk about awesome.
I didn't even know what I was seeing till I read the Holy Scripture.
Phew.
After reading I was like.

No Way.
Freaking impossible.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:22 PM

I posted this in the wrong forum.

It should be in the regular Religion forum.

I've asked for it to be moved.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I posted this in the wrong forum.

It should be in the regular Religion forum.

I've asked for it to be moved.
You may of made a mistake.
Yet there's always this awesome way the Lord Works.

You never know till you gift a thought about such heavenly wonders.

Yeshayahu is a wonderful prophet to learn from.
Liisten closely and you will find comfort in hope.

Yub yu

Old 10-18-2018, 09:54 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,403 times
No. While I care and give help to those who cannot help themselves, I have zero compassion for those who self destruct. IMO, all charity should be voluntary and not at the point of government guns( which is exactly what forced redistribution programs are). There is a man who walks the neighborhood where my business is. He clearly is not capable(or a very good actor) of providing for himself. Whenever he asks me, I give him money. The junkies and alcoholics can eat dirt.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:44 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Helping people is one thing, doing it to your own detriment is another.

My wife and i had (Had) a friend who (after her marriage went west) approached me for money as she needed it for medical bills. I helped her out, quite a bit. I mentioned it to Mrs Arq and she told me she's also been asked for money and had helped. We later found out that she's bought herself a car and had gone on a flight and holiday back where she used to live (Asia). That was when we had to pull the plug on the handouts.

I can't think of any Church or many Christians who have made themselves poor by handouts to others.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
Quote:

Sometimes I read that if everything was taken away from a person who is productive and profitable, he or she could start all over again. That is what I think about when I read about people who give everything away but still make out okay. There is something about their personality that attracts others to help. There is something about their skill set that allows them to overcome most problems. They do make for inspirational stories.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:46 AM

I stumbled upon this verse.

I am trying to figure out what to do about a person who keeps popping up on my doorstep. My torture is that I want to do what is morally right, and I am not sure what that is.

This verse says I must do for the other person - but I don't know if you are supposed to do things at your own peril. And when I say "peril," I mean mental health, as well as financial and time and energy.

The Dalai Lama also says our purpose in life is to "help others."

Are you supposed to kill yourself in the process of helping others?

I don't know what that other gobbledygook that some of the others responded with has to do with anything, so I am ignoring it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality