U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-14-2018, 04:03 AM
 
Location: US
26,618 posts, read 14,206,118 times
Reputation: 1624

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
?

I don't think that quite makes sense.
It makes sense if one looks at the differences among the three Abrahamic religions...

 
Old 11-14-2018, 04:43 AM
 
2,391 posts, read 1,333,368 times
Reputation: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
OP, are you following?
So people are hated because of the claims they make or the claims made against them or for them? Christians make claims as well. Isn't it better to just take deep breath and walk away rather than debate and end up hating the other side? There are alternative choices.

Last edited by elyn02; 11-14-2018 at 05:04 AM..
 
Old 11-14-2018, 02:40 PM
 
919 posts, read 221,055 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW51 View Post
If Christians hate Jews so much, then why for the past many centuries have Jews migrated into predominately Christian lands? Countries and societies that were founded by Christians with Christian ideals?

It doesn't make sense. Unless...there are reasons you don't want to elaborate on...
The best of bad alternatives. If you were Jew (like the famous jew known as Jesus, for example, but transported to the modern world) and you had no homeland left and had to move to a place, where would you go?
 
Old 11-14-2018, 05:56 PM
 
16 posts, read 3,368 times
Reputation: 11

When they are in a permanent state of bondage (serfdom), our children's children's children (give or take a generation or two) they will curse us from our graves.

The signs are all around us, staring us in our faces yet no one wants to face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
The best of bad alternatives. If you were Jew (like the famous jew known as Jesus, for example, but transported to the modern world) and you had no homeland left and had to move to a place, where would you go?

Bingo.

That is the point. Christians don't hate Judaism/Jews.
 
Old 11-14-2018, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
52,395 posts, read 51,521,635 times
Reputation: 61550
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW51 View Post
When they are in a permanent state of bondage (serfdom), our children's children's children (give or take a generation or two) they will curse us from our graves.

The signs are all around us, staring us in our faces yet no one wants to face it.




Bingo.

That is the point. Christians don't hate Judaism/Jews.
Some do. Some don't. How about we don't automatically assume that characteristics can be assigned to everyone that belongs to a group? Crazy, I know.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
 
Old 11-14-2018, 08:32 PM
 
10,020 posts, read 14,302,046 times
Reputation: 10971
Indeed, MQ. As that group discussed, ha sits own layers upon layers upon layers. And groups within groups. With them, most humanely, not getting along, just like the rest of us, not chosen.

I forgot who pointed this out.. that Jews are very good about siding together when they need to achieve common goal. But, as soon as that goal is accomplished, they start arguing and fighting, which one of them is smarter.
But back to your point. Indeed, word "Jews" is most misrepresenting of the people. Each and every one needs to be looked at individually. Same, though, applies to any "group" of humans. Christians. Muslims. Buddhists. So on. Each one has their rich and their poor. Their achievers and their losers. Their saints and their terrorists.

Humans. Only humans.
 
Old 11-14-2018, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,668 posts, read 4,434,304 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Some do. Some don't. How about we don't automatically assume that characteristics can be assigned to everyone that belongs to a group? Crazy, I know.
51600 posts, 51, 51, 51, I will be waiting on the 51666 post of yours because we all know that mods are for a sign and an omen, and you wont even realize when you make it, but it will be like Kizmet, Behold, if what I speak doesn't come to pass, then I do not speak by the mouth of God.
 
Old 11-14-2018, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,668 posts, read 4,434,304 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Indeed, MQ. As that group discussed, ha sits own layers upon layers upon layers. And groups within groups. With them, most humanely, not getting along, just like the rest of us, not chosen.

I forgot who pointed this out.. that Jews are very good about siding together when they need to achieve common goal. But, as soon as that goal is accomplished, they start arguing and fighting, which one of them is smarter.
But back to your point. Indeed, word "Jews" is most misrepresenting of the people. Each and every one needs to be looked at individually. Same, though, applies to any "group" of humans. Christians. Muslims. Buddhists. So on. Each one has their rich and their poor. Their achievers and their losers. Their saints and their terrorists.

Humans. Only humans.
When Jesus said,'' From now on there shall be 5 in a house,'' he changed the makup of humans, a house is a body, there are now 5 in the house when there was but 3 before.

He changed what humans are, he built a new Temple, a human. The same temple shown in Ezekiel that is unlike the Tabernacle or the Temple of Solomon and it has it's own laws.

It is a human temple, and everytime we see the change from a Tabernacle to a Temple, to an ever expanding temple, we witness the evolution of mankind, and that last Temple is the result from a Tabernacle clothed in the skins of animals in a moving Tabernacle, to a grand Temple built of earth and still having animal skins, to an ever expanding Temple that is 1500 miles wide, 1500 miles long and 1500 miles high....

When Jesus said that he goes to build mansions, he is building new houses, and we are the house that the spirit indwells, we are the temple, the actual temple of God, and if the Temple is so great as to reach 1500 miles into space, what is it insinuating about a new body?

Mansion is not even the word for it, but the idea is to see the expansion where you are simply a mere tent, a tabernacle, but God is going to evolve you in such a way as to make that tent a mansion, and this mansion is 1500 miles high, wide, and long because it is trying to express the difference in the body you have now, and an immortal resurrection body, THE TEMPLE.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 11-14-2018 at 09:39 PM..
 
Old 11-15-2018, 04:03 PM
 
5,369 posts, read 2,058,578 times
Reputation: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW51 View Post
When they are in a permanent state of bondage (serfdom), our children's children's children (give or take a generation or two) they will curse us from our graves.

The signs are all around us, staring us in our faces yet no one wants to face it.




Bingo.

That is the point. Christians don't hate Judaism/Jews.
Which explains all the anti Jews laws in Europe of the past, the pogroms for centuries in Russia, the centuries or more if anti semetic in North America or the turning away of German Jews in 1939 "one is too many"..

My grandfather feed Christian Russia for Canada and here faced much less, but still discrimination in your so called Christian country. My aunt was refused a job selling candy in a large store because customers would not want to have a Jew serving their children candies.

If you stated that not all Christians hate Jews I couldn't disagree but cling that no Christians hate Jews would be as accurate as saying all Christians love dogs or gerbils.

Your comments come across as let's dismiss this subject because it doesn't happen and those Jews who do experience anti semetic must all be wrong.
 
Old 11-15-2018, 04:08 PM
 
35,669 posts, read 9,378,466 times
Reputation: 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
When Jesus said,'' From now on there shall be 5 in a house,'' he changed the makup of humans, a house is a body, there are now 5 in the house when there was but 3 before.

He changed what humans are, he built a new Temple, a human. The same temple shown in Ezekiel that is unlike the Tabernacle or the Temple of Solomon and it has it's own laws.

It is a human temple, and everytime we see the change from a Tabernacle to a Temple, to an ever expanding temple, we witness the evolution of mankind, and that last Temple is the result from a Tabernacle clothed in the skins of animals in a moving Tabernacle, to a grand Temple built of earth and still having animal skins, to an ever expanding Temple that is 1500 miles wide, 1500 miles long and 1500 miles high....

When Jesus said that he goes to build mansions, he is building new houses, and we are the house that the spirit indwells, we are the temple, the actual temple of God, and if the Temple is so great as to reach 1500 miles into space, what is it insinuating about a new body?

Mansion is not even the word for it, but the idea is to see the expansion where you are simply a mere tent, a tabernacle, but God is going to evolve you in such a way as to make that tent a mansion, and this mansion is 1500 miles high, wide, and long because it is trying to express the difference in the body you have now, and an immortal resurrection body, THE TEMPLE.
Luke 12 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.

But compare that with Math.10 34. It's the same passage but without Luke's 'five in a house elaboration'. It is Luke's own additiion. If you don't understand the gospels, nothing you say about it will have any value.


P.s not only does Luke add his own point about how many in the house, Mark appears to have no similar passage. That is appears to be only in Matthew and Luke in connection with different other sayings and in different contexts is the familiar and reliable sign that this is "Q" document material. it is remarkable how must really significant Christian material (e.g the Lord's prayer) seems to be "Q" document material.

The context, surely is the divisions that Christianity caused in the society of the time. Just as it does now (thanks a bundle, Christianity) but in Matthew, it is just social and family division. But Luke (and surely because he was somewhat later than Matthew mentioned a sword, because actual war was involved. Of course both were writing after the Jewish war - Mark, was writing after the Jewish war - but Luke was more aware of it because he had read Josephus. Matthew was more concerned with domestic strife.

appx.

Luke 12. 51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
54 And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is.
(kJv)

Matth 10 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
(NiV)

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-15-2018 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: let's italicize the text. Gotta do it Right, if I do it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top