Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2018, 11:49 AM

18,844 posts, read 27,268,040 times

Advertisements

Not necessarily. Some look at their own literature (the Talmud, for example) and come to a conclusion that isn't good.

Can these conclusions be found in the "Protocols" book?

Can both of you be precisely descriptive in your posts? What conclusions? What is not good? I can look at any book for years, nothing will happen. A written text needs to be learned from, examined, understood, and all of that needs to be done in context of that text creation time, geography and culture. Ethnicity it was developed for. You can't "look" NOW at 6 000 year old scroll and say it is this or that. It all meant something way different back then and there.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:04 PM

7,572 posts, read 4,119,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Not necessarily. Some look at their own literature (the Talmud, for example) and come to a conclusion that isn't good.

Can these conclusions be found in the "Protocols" book?

Can both of you be precisely descriptive in your posts? What conclusions? What is not good? I can look at any book for years, nothing will happen. A written text needs to be learned from, examined, understood, and all of that needs to be done in context of that text creation time, geography and culture. Ethnicity it was developed for. You can't "look" NOW at 6 000 year old scroll and say it is this or that. It all meant something way different back then and there.
I believe it is this "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion". I am trying to figure what conclusions as well and where these conclusions are documented.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:17 PM

21,918 posts, read 19,049,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I believe it is this "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion". I am trying to figure what conclusions as well and where these conclusions are documented.
Literary forgery
""The Protocols is one of the best-known and most-discussed examples of literary forgery, with analysis and proof of its fraudulent origin going as far back as 1921. The forgery is an early example of "conspiracy theory" literature. Written mainly in the first person plural the text includes generalizations, truisms, and platitudes on how to take over the world: take control of the media and the financial institutions, change the traditional social order, etc. It does not contain specifics.

Elements of the Protocols were plagiarized from Joly's fictional Dialogue in Hell, a thinly veiled attack on the political ambitions of Napoleon III, who, represented by the non-Jewish character Machiavelli, plots to rule the world. Joly, a monarchist and legitimist, was imprisoned in France for 15 months as a direct result of his book's publication. Scholars have noted the irony that Dialogue in Hell was itself a plagiarism, at least in part, of a novel by Eugène Sue, Les Mystères du Peuple (1849–56)"

Old 11-11-2018, 12:24 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,045,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
If you run a Youtube search on that book, you will find dozens of videos on it, either arguing its authenticity or its falseness.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:26 PM

"Hitler refers to the Protocols in Mein Kampf:... [The Protocols] became a part of the Nazi propaganda effort to justify persecution of the Jews. In The Holocaust: The Destruction of European Jewry 1933–1945, Nora Levin states that "Hitler used the Protocols as a manual in his war to exterminate the Jews":

"Despite conclusive proof that the Protocols were a gross forgery, it was in Germany after World War I they were used to explain all of the disasters that had befallen the country: the defeat in the war, the hunger, the destructive inflation. Hitler endorsed the Protocols in his speeches from August 1921 on, and it was studied in German classrooms after the Nazis came to power. Distillations of the text appeared in German classrooms, indoctrinated the Hitler Youth, and invaded the USSR along with German soldiers"

Old 11-11-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
If you run a Youtube search on that book, you will find dozens of videos on it, either arguing its authenticity or its falseness.
and if you (or anyone) align yourself with propaganda used by Hitler then you (or anyone) are showing the world what is at the core of your character

that goes for any government. (that idolizes and admires Hitler)
that goes for any ideology (that teaches hate and admires Hitler).
that goes for any religion (that teaches hate for Jews and admires Hitler)
that goes for any hate group (that idolizes and adulates Hitler)

Old 11-11-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and if you align yourself with propaganda used by Hitler then you are showing the world your character
I didn't "align" myself with anything.

I look at the world around me and see what is going on, and I come to my own conclusions. It isn't hard for a free-thinking person to do.

(Conclusions I have not stated in this thread, by the way.)

Old 11-11-2018, 12:34 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,410,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sorry, I go by what the Torah says...And it says that it is passed through the mother...Now, tribal affiliation, that is passed through the father...And Karaites, that’s another issue altogether...
And that is my point. You can go by whatever you want! No one here has suggested otherwise. I am not calling you wrong.

But when you act like other people with a different opinion on it must be uninformed or not know what they are talking about - there you are quite wrong.

My point was - and remains - only that when you write "You really don’t know what you are talking about" and then offer your own interpretation then it is you and only you that does not know what they are talking about. Because your interpretation and choice of source is not the only one.

It is me that _does_ know what they are talking about because unlike you I am not only aware of one interpretation or one position on the matter. I am aware of all of them.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:36 PM

oh and just as a reminder, the Jews are less than 0.2% of the world population.
that is.....less than one 1% of the world population
.....less than half 0.5% of the world population
.....less than two/tenths of a percent 0.2% of the the world population is Jewish.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
oh and just as a reminder, the Jews are less than 0.2% of the world population. Less than 1%.....less than half a %.....0.2% of the the world population is Jewish.
What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality