Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 03:07 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

dcisive's post above:An element to answer some part of the question posed by OP. There are some egregious religious jingoists who tend to evoke both disgust and prejudice. Probably only exceeded by those Christians who condemn Jews to Hell for not accepting Jesus.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:09 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I'm sorry to say Shaul (Paul) nailed it when he said "Gentiles are Lost, Undone and WITHOUT YHWH". They either join and become one with Israel or they are OUTSIDE the camp of Israel, and you DON"T want to be outside the camp of Israel......not if you want eternal life and be a part of the promise
I don't doubt that you are right (after all if Gentiles were not 'lost', Paul would have nothing to sell them) but a ref. would be handy. Biblequotes do sometimes turn out to be paraphrases rather than quotes.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:10 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
take it up with richard.

Qed
qed?...

Old 11-13-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
qed?...
"Quod erat demonstrandum" if memory serves. Tzaphkiel had a question and Mystic pointed to you as an example, and then you provided a quote to show that what he was saying is true...qed.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
What in God's name are you saying? Utterly incoherent.

Let me ask you a question. Who, today, do you think has more hatred toward the Jews - Christians or Muslims?
You do not think it is hatred to claim that G-d has forsaken us Jews and has not taken up with Christians as the “spiritual Israel”?...

Old 11-13-2018, 03:18 PM

Typo? "not" should read "now?" Btw, the answer to that is a resounding yes.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:42 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Probably not in proverbs: "Man, do not in kindness offer a scrap of food to a dog, as it will likely snap your fingers off."

You are very confused old son. There may be Jews today who do not claim to be Israelites (converts, for instance) or may regard Samaritans as Israelites but not Jews. But that has nothing to do with Saul/Paul who was both a Jew and an Israelite (and nobody but you would say otherwise, I believe) and nothing to do with what I was saying.

Neither is Romans anything to do with what i was saying. I agree that it sounds like it is aimed at Gentiles, but there is no reason why it couldn't aimed at Jews, too. Can you deny that he hopes to make Jews accept his preaching? Why shouldn't he want to do that with Roman Jews as well?

Your confusion is evident in raising what Bible experts say. Do you think that I, with my own whacky pet theory care what the so called Experts say? You are not only wrong about what you are arguing but you are wrong in the way you go about arguing.

Have another nice day.

Sorry - the same nice day.
Paul is explaining how he is one of 7000 Israelis living amongst Jews as a Jew, he is speaking of his own adoption into Judah and that is the whole point of Romans. Paul's people were the ten tribes of Israel, not Judah, he is telling us this.

Paul speaks of the 7000 of Israel, not Judah, he speaks of the promise to Israel, not Judah.

If you don't know Paul is speaking of a different people, how can anyone understand?

These misunderstandings bring about anti Semitism because it appears that Paul is showing Jews as fallen when he is speaking about a completely different people in a completely different religion, and if you get this wrong, you get all of it wrong.......

How can people look at the acts of one nation to then put them on the head of a completely different people?

If I speak of the people of Babylon, and you assume I am speaking of the people of Egypt, how can you understand?

These same misunderstandings are throughout the New Testament where everyone believes it is speaking of Jews when it is not, and it appears that the New Testament is damning Jews when it isn't even speaking of Jews.

Romans 9 is laying out the foundation of how Gentiles are grafted into Israel, and if you don't know the difference between Israel and Judah, the average Christian thinks he is replacing Judah, and thus, against Jews.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Paul is explaining how he is one of 7000 Israelis living amongst Jews as a Jew, he is speaking of his own adoption into Judah and that is the whole point of Romans. Paul's people were the ten tribes of Israel, not Judah, he is telling us this.

Paul speaks of the 7000 of Israel, not Judah, he speaks of the promise to Israel, not Judah.

If you don't know Paul is speaking of a different people, how can anyone understand?

These misunderstandings bring about anti Semitism because it appears that Paul is showing Jews as fallen when he is speaking about a completely different people in a completely different religion, and if you get this wrong, you get all of it wrong.......

How can people look at the acts of one nation to then put them on the head of a completely different people?

If I speak of the people of Babylon, and you assume I am speaking of the people of Egypt, how can you understand?

These same misunderstandings are throughout the New Testament where everyone believes it is speaking of Jews when it is not, and it appears that the New Testament is damning Jews when it isn't even speaking of Jews.

Romans 9 is laying out the foundation of how Gentiles are grafted into Israel, and if you don't know the difference between Israel and Judah, the average Christian thinks he is replacing Judah, and thus, against Jews.
Israelis didn’t exist back then...

Old 11-13-2018, 03:48 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Israelis didn’t exist back then...
Israelites did

Old 11-13-2018, 04:18 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
OP, are you following?
So the answer to the OP's question is that the Jews are hated because someone who is not a Jew said:

Quote:
Jews are the only people who have continuously followed God's religion
?

I don't think that quite makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality