U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2018, 02:15 PM
 
Location: USA
3,250 posts, read 1,118,961 times
Reputation: 945

Advertisements

Pittsburgh synagogue gunman told SWAT he wanted all Jews to die, criminal complaint says
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/28/us/pi...ing/index.html


Is hated for the Jews based entirely on the belief that the Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus? Or is there more to it than that?

 
Old 10-28-2018, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,668 posts, read 4,434,304 times
Reputation: 1354
Aftr the Jewish war, Jews were really hated and a Gentile keeping Jewish Sabbaths and feasts were even more hated. The Gentile converts were no longer brave enough to keep the Sabbaths and feasts of Messiah and so they went back to pagan feasts and outlawing the worship system of Messiah.

Because they converted away from the religion of Jesus, they had to rationalise why the ways of God were wrong, and wrong to keep. It is through their need to justify their religion that the religion of God had be made evil, and those that kept it evil.

They had to turn the worship system of Christ to be evil, and they used Jesus death to bring God down. Hatred against Jews is directly related to Constantine and Martin Luther.
 
Old 10-28-2018, 02:31 PM
 
Location: NJ
1,267 posts, read 428,897 times
Reputation: 523
Jews have been hated since before they were called Jews. Check in the first couple of chapters of Exodus. A group that is distinct, that refuses to assimilate and lose itself and is proud of its unique identity and practices. Add in some success in a variety of areas, or the ability to live where others have died, and the rejection of all the johnny come lately belief systems, and then mix in some land arguments, and you have loads of reasons to hate. As if hate needs a reason.
 
Old 10-28-2018, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,668 posts, read 4,434,304 times
Reputation: 1354
That is true, they were always hated.
 
Old 10-28-2018, 04:45 PM
 
15,294 posts, read 7,700,124 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Pittsburgh synagogue gunman told SWAT he wanted all Jews to die, criminal complaint says
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/28/us/pi...ing/index.html


Is hated for the Jews based entirely on the belief that the Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus? Or is there more to it than that?
I never in all my years, being surrounded by Christians, ever knew or met any Christian who ever said a single negative thing about the Jewish people.
 
Old 10-28-2018, 04:51 PM
 
5,369 posts, read 2,058,578 times
Reputation: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I never in all my years, being surrounded by Christians, ever knew or met any Christian who ever said a single negative thing about the Jewish people.
I have when people knew I was either Jewish or of Jewish descent. First time was in early 1960s. Not common but has happened too often
 
Old 10-28-2018, 04:52 PM
 
15,294 posts, read 7,700,124 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I have when people knew I was either Jewish or of Jewish descent. First time was in early 1960s. Not common but has happened too often
Iím very sorry to hear that.
 
Old 10-28-2018, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,668 posts, read 4,434,304 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I never in all my years, being surrounded by Christians, ever knew or met any Christian who ever said a single negative thing about the Jewish people.
There are Chrisrians in here that bad mouth Jews, but I have met so many Anti Semitic people that I don't have the words, and that might have something to do where I live, but year, alot of people hate Jews and talk about Jews, a lot of Christians are anti Semitic, and just their mentality of replacement is Anti Semitic where you have a bunch of Gentiles claiming to be Israel when they are not Israel, and because they think they will obtain all the promises and inheritance of Israel, they try and show the Jews as evil people explaining how they are have replaced Israel and they are the real Jews just like many others had done, just like the Samaritans did when they claimed to be the new Israel, the true Jew.
 
Old 10-28-2018, 05:05 PM
 
15,294 posts, read 7,700,124 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There are Chrisrians in here that bad mouth Jews, but I have met so many Anti Semitic people that I don't have the words, and that might have something to do where I live, but year, alot of people hate Jews and talk about Jews, a lot of Christians are anti Semitic, and just their mentality of replacement is Anti Semitic where you have a bunch of Gentiles claiming to be Israel when they are not Israel, and because they think they will obtain all the promises and inheritance of Israel, they try and show the Jews as evil people explaining how they are have replaced Israel and they are the real Jews just like many others had done, just like the Samaritans did when they claimed to be the new Israel, the true Jew.
Hearing Christians bad mouth Jews simply has not been my experience, but Iím sorry for those who have been on the receiving end of any prejudice.
 
Old 10-28-2018, 05:09 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
18,363 posts, read 17,555,761 times
Reputation: 30761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I never in all my years, being surrounded by Christians, ever knew or met any Christian who ever said a single negative thing about the Jewish people.
I grew up in a smallish town that was about 1/3 mainstream Protestant, 1/3 Roman Catholic, and 1/3 Jewish. I never heard anything against Jews either.

However, my Catholic best friend said I would go to Hell because I wasn't Catholic. That hurt but we remained friends until they sent her off to Catholic School and I never saw her again.

My Jewish friend told me that the Jews didn't kill Christ. I said, "Huh?" I didn't know what she was talking about.

And my Jewish friend's mother told her to stop being friends with me. We had been good friends for about a year so that really hurt. And I found out that her mother taught a ballet class only for Jewish kids. And the rest of us weren't supposed to know about it. Then I found out that the ballroom dancing class that I attended (reluctantly) after school didn't allow Jews! It was my dad who found out about that and he immediately pulled me out of there.

What a mess. All of this religious bigotry goes waaay back. I know more about the Catholic-Protestant thing and have always tried to find out about the Jewish thing. Why they supposedly don't like us or we supposedly don't like them. I will be here waiting to read the answers. Shalom and Peace.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top