Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 07:56 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
On second thought, evil is a human construct as it does not apply to the animal kingdom(s).
I would like to hear others on this...the gentle, mother dear with a "Bambi" and the mountain lion.
(I'm not taking sides, btw.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 08:21 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I would like to hear others on this...the gentle, mother dear with a "Bambi" and the mountain lion.
(I'm not taking sides, btw.)
Miss Hepburn! Mountain lions and Bambi! Really!

Amazingly, This last Tuesday around 4 am, I witnessed a pride of mountain lions walking alongside the interstate. They were majestic! No offense to the deer. I was on the lookout for deers, but when I saw that tail! And then the family! They were not afraid of headlights; of course, I didn't stop or slow down to properly test this theory. I don't think any hitchhikers have anything to worry about but for Bambi and the Hare, it's a different story.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:25 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
moutainrose and gabfest....this is what I had in mind when I made the thread..to 'get to the bottom' of the 'God thing'.
Good points, both of you!

Sure, there would be valid answers like ego, greed, (mine is colossal insensitivity to others), governments, etc...
but, 'How does this relate to a Creator/God'?
Is it His fault He created us, BUT then gave us the free will to do most anything?

The constant blaming of God vs He is a loving God, hmm.
I should have said that in the OP...what was I thinking!!!? But it's all good.
Thank you both.

Good point is: the cat and mouse situation...or the leopard and gentle, vegetarian antelope I see
on the Sunday morning Nature shows 'evil'?
Is God to blame for that and the suffering in African countries.* If so,
how are we to live with that reality... In anger or do we delve deeper into the Mind of God for 'why'?
Is God like a cutter, a self-destructive Being? Yet, why is any person self destructive?
What's at the bottom of that? Is that a microcosm of this God?

*I was reminded again watching the movie 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and being
reminded of LIVE AID in '85.
Excellent questions and food for thought!

I am 67, and I came out of the womb with existential angst — my first memories are of these types of questions — How did I get here? Why are we here? What’s the point of all this? Is there a god that created me, and for what purpose?
From an early age I always knew there was some sort of divine creative intelligence behind all this, and I am comfortable with using the word “god”.. I must have inherited the “god gene” ?

Having spent a lifetime grappling with the nature of god and our relation to it and all the questions that surround a spiritual inclination and curiosity, I’ve finally found peace and deep humility in just total surrender to the mystery of it all. There are some things we just don’t get to know in our limitations as humans......

But I do still find interest in what others have come to understand in this miraculous adventure called “life” that we get born into.

Last edited by mountainrose; 11-03-2018 at 08:36 AM..

Old 11-03-2018, 08:32 AM

Regarding and clarifying my statement on a cat that clearly enjoys torturing a mouse, (not just eating it for hunger) — I do not equate that with premeditated human evilness, but again, it’s the LEVEL of cruelty that’s here that is so disturbing to me. And where I can’t reconcile it with biblical teachings that blame Adam and Eve or the fall of mankind.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Regarding and clarifying my statement on a cat that clearly enjoys torturing a mouse, (not just eating it for hunger) — I do not equate that with premeditated human evilness, but again, it’s the LEVEL of cruelty that’s here that is so disturbing to me. And where I can’t reconcile it with biblical teachings that blame Adam and Eve or the fall of mankind.
After the fall of man anything goes...the creation is no longer perfect.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:04 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Seven billion people or not people are starving , have no clean water or homeless because of selfishness, and wealth which is ruled by demonic spirits of the world were people are puppets with this demons who care not to help ........ And then there is God over here will say ` What do you want me to do ``..........
WEll god. How about making it rain in Africa so that people can grow their own food?

Quote:
If man 'fell' then he wasn't perfect in the first place.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
WEll god. How about making it rain in Africa so that people can grow their own food?

If man 'fell' then he wasn't perfect in the first place.
Or, it shouldn't have been allowed choice?!

Old 11-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
But if God is the creator of everything. the alpha the omega as the Bible teaches, then how can that be a loving God that would knowingly create this scenario, this possibility, with this LEVEL of suffering and evilness?

(I’m trying to see how others like myself who believe in a God reconcile the LEVEL of suffering and evilness here and still believe in a loving God) I am not attached to any belief system or religion but just the simple belief in a divine mysterious creator behind all this.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
But if God is the creator of everything. the alpha the omega as the Bible teaches, then how can that be a loving God that would knowingly create this scenario, this possibility, with this LEVEL of suffering and evilness?
What are the alternatives?

Old 11-03-2018, 10:03 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Excellent questions and food for thought!

I am 67, and I came out of the womb with existential angst — my first memories are of these types of questions — How did I get here? Why are we here? What’s the point of all this? Is there a god that created me, and for what purpose?
From an early age I always knew there was some sort of divine creative intelligence behind all this, and I am comfortable with using the word “god”.. I must have inherited the “god gene” ?

Having spent a lifetime grappling with the nature of god and our relation to it and all the questions that surround a spiritual inclination and curiosity, I’ve finally found peace and deep humility in just total surrender to the mystery of it all. There are some things we just don’t get to know in our limitations as humans......

But I do still find interest in what others have come to understand in this miraculous adventure called “life” that we get born into.
Hysterical! the angst! LOL! I love reading how your mind works. btw.

At a very young age in the quiet chirps of the summer country side...I experienced that 'Knower' or 'Awareness' looking out of my eyes...(as a 4 yr old...it was a wise an 'adult' Presence within me,
not me, per se)As a child, I was to have many more 'supernatural' mind blowing,
expansive altered states given to me.
As an adult meditating for hours a sitting...even MORE!

Things are not a mystery anymore...but, do I have a desire to convince others of what i have 'seen'? Sometimes...then, I realize why bother..just talk with others that have known them.

You know how that first under a 4 min mile happened and once that was realized others were able to break through that' imaginary limitation'?
Well, I read something that made my mouth drop, around 2007 maybe in Jeremiah...''but he who does boast, let him boast of this, that he knows and understands me, so saith the Lord...''
Huh? We can know and understand You?!!! And my direction changed to do just that.
I was more successful than I could have ever known...or imagined to ask for!!!!

Why am I talking to you like this? Don't surrender to the mystery...there is no mystery.
Climb that mountain...all can be known...I mean it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality