U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-08-2019, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Missouri
375 posts, read 138,337 times
Reputation: 57

Advertisements

Like begats Like.
You reap what you sow.
God will recompense your own ways upon yourselves.

Jesus died for your sins. How wonderful.
And you will die for your sins. uh oh...
And the whole earth will die because of your sins. How wonderful is that?
Aren't you happy. Why?


Sleep a little = to die a little. To fade a little into, and to fade a little out of.

No sleep = Crazy hell, you should know that by now.
I know it very well myself, Thank you.

 
Old 01-08-2019, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Missouri
375 posts, read 138,337 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
-



A part of the universe is not a God of the universe. [True or Lie?] Maybe, maybe not.

A part of the universe is not a part of the universe. [True or Lie?] True, wickedness, sin.


That amuses me. Could you just hook a dictionary up to this? uhuhh

Oh, I think I just lied to God.

-
Tricky, tricky, trick...trick...trick...fooled again.

A part of the universe is not a part of the universe. [True or Lie?]

How's that big one gassy eye up in the sky? Ruler of the light of the day, I'll stand by that decision until I know otherwise. I'll claim there is no otherwise. Even if I don't so you can show me wrong.

Foolishness that looks like wisdom to me.

A rumors of something...Magi like.
Where did I hear that...

I'm flying blind as a bat.

But I don't think I lied to God, I just needed to give it more straight thought.

God reminded me.

My lie was just my wishful thinking.

Show me otherwise.
 
Old 01-08-2019, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Missouri
375 posts, read 138,337 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
one might say my big toe doesn't have a headache,
but i do.
But my big toe had a headache that ran all the way to my head. <----------------------> the brain.

"A part of the universe is not a_____________of the universe."

A part of the universe is not a part of the beginning of the universe.

I wonder why this amuses me so...
surely nobody knows...
 
Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 AM
 
7,475 posts, read 3,097,786 times
Reputation: 10289
No one gets out of here alive and nobody has come back to let us know. Mostly stories and no facts.
 
Old 01-08-2019, 06:27 PM
 
11,328 posts, read 4,408,367 times
Reputation: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Tricky, tricky, trick...trick...trick...fooled again.

A part of the universe is not a part of the universe. [True or Lie?]

How's that big one gassy eye up in the sky? Ruler of the light of the day, I'll stand by that decision until I know otherwise. I'll claim there is no otherwise. Even if I don't so you can show me wrong.

Foolishness that looks like wisdom to me.

A rumors of something...Magi like.
Where did I hear that...

I'm flying blind as a bat.

But I don't think I lied to God, I just needed to give it more straight thought.

God reminded me.

My lie was just my wishful thinking.

Show me otherwise.
when you lied to your momma about where you were. unless of course you wish you were at your friends and not where you where.

I never wished that ... well, not till after the fact that is.
 
Old 01-10-2019, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Missouri
375 posts, read 138,337 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
No one gets out of here alive and nobody has come back to let us know. Mostly stories and no facts.
God is…

God is the power; the source of the energy of the universe and all that exists in this body.

The mind from which came our 7 day week, the weekly cycle, came from the mouth of this power that be.

And that heavenly House of the Saints, that mighty big house build upon the sands of the hourglass [Time] is in memory of that heavenly house with 3 doors on each side of it, from which the 4 seasons go and come.

And the 144k contains the memory of the Saints, and have access to the data which supports this house upon the sand.

And this 144k is flying over and around your heads, singing praises of understanding all around that power that is; God.

Turn the radio up, and let this mighty big House built upon the sands of time rock steady.

I know you can’t see, but can you not even hear? It's just a song, it’s just a story.

But songs and stories of what? They are singing their heart out, and I have a story; have you no understanding of these things?

-

Making slow progress, and I think I can get there, but not without slipping a few gears trying to knock down that partitions [Walls] between each other, and that power [Energy] behind this story; and the universe. That dust field, and that energy, which eventually fades into Life/Consciousness; which exists as "Our Universal recycling Universe," of everything that was, and is, and will be, by the power of my God. And his name is, I am/ma I, I am/Am I, I am that that I am; and all that I am, I am: Thus saith the Lord our God.

Believe it or not!
Yep, still a story, a myth, that's right.
But, O The Power of a Myth.
 
Old 01-10-2019, 01:46 AM
 
Location: Missouri
375 posts, read 138,337 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
when you lied to your momma about where you were. unless of course you wish you were at your friends and not where you where.

I never wished that ... well, not till after the fact that is.
A part of the universe is not a part of the universe. [True or Lie?] Always true, what else is there that you know of besides the universe...let's go there...go where? You tell me.

But when I lied to pappa, I thought it was the truth. Who really knows what the truth is? Certainly not a runaway liar that would create a partition within the universe and claim it is not a Part of this Universal recycling universe. I may be crazy, but they are fools!

1:45 AM
 
Old 01-11-2019, 01:28 PM
 
305 posts, read 332,721 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Except it is unclear - which is why I am seeking clarity. That you believe _your_ position is clear to _you_ is kinda stating the blatantly obvious. As for definitions of consciousness I have not offered you one - and I do not recall you offering me one. So how you come to the conclusions about the differences I am also not clear on.
We only have access to one consciousness- our own. All Consciousness that is not our own is inferred from behavior. Consciousness is immaterial.

Quote:
Exactly. Now you are starting to get it. And this is _evidence_ for a link between the two. And as I keep telling you again and again - we have a lot of _evidence_ even if we do not have 100% conclusive proof. You appear to be treating the two as if they are the same thing.

And all I have been saying to you - over and over in fact - is that while that evidence is not complete or 100% conclusive - 100% of the evidences we do have point in only one direction.

More (or less) I have not actually said. Yet you keep responding in every post as if you think I have, which is at best rather odd.

eading comprehension fails you once again. Learn to read and comprehend please. Again - 100% of the evidence we have at this time links consciousness and the brain. 0% of the evidence we have at this time shows any disconnect between the two. That is all I have been saying.
I've always gotten it. I don't believe the mind is just confined to our skull.

Quote:
Who said I never took it? I certainly did not. You appear to be piling quite a lot of your own assumptions into this conversation. You said you had a DMT experience - I said I had a similar experience - which to anyone who understands basic English would suggest I also have DMT experience
Nothing but deflections from you. You refuse to answer a basic simple question. What drug did you take? Can you answer that question without deflecting?

Quote:
You appear not to have _any_ evidence for anything at all really - so why limit our conversation to just "scientific evidence"? What you have is some experiences you have vaguely described. And all I have said to you is that there is no reason at this time for anyone to thing that what those experiences "felt like" - map onto what those experiences actually were.

I am sure your experiences were real and they "felt like" your consciousness lefts your brain and your body. I have had those experiences myself. I am sure your experiences "felt like" you entered some other kind of dimension(s). I have also had those experiences myself.

But given the context and topic of this thread specifically - I feel it useful to point out that while it "felt like" those things happened we have _zero_ reason to think they actually did.

So you can shout "wrong" at me all you like without actually showing me I was - but you have not yet rebutted a single thing I have actually said rather than what you want to pretend I have been saying.
You seem to not comprehend the fact that we can only remember what we can reconstruct. Can you see, remember and explain in detail to me hyperbolic object with text? If you can't that means I wouldn't be able to describe them to you in detail where you would understand and that is why I have been repeating over and over again without actually experiencing it you would have no clue.
 
Old 01-11-2019, 01:29 PM
 
305 posts, read 332,721 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Once again, the neural correlates are the evidence consciousness is a product of the brain. You seem unable (or unwilling) to grasp this concept.
This theory is still very poorly misunderstood and leaves many questions like does not binding also take place in the processing of unconscious information?

Quote:
His work on facial recognition is based on modelling how the brain does this. This should be a BIG clue. A large part of the AI industry is based on modelling aspects of consciousness based on the structure of the brain. My work in the retail sector is based on neural networks, for example. But my work in the education sector is based on the process rather than the cause of that process.
This does not answer the hard problem of how consciousness is created in the brain. Where is the experimental evidence?

Quote:

Exactly. WE know the where, but not the how. Quoting Hoffman 'As McGinn (1989) puts it, “WE know that brains are the de facto causal basis of consciousness, but we have, it seems, no understanding whatever


What does McGinn say?

Quoting Hoffman 'As McGinn (1989) puts it, “WE know that brains are the de facto causal basis of consciousness, but we have, it seems, no understanding whatever of how this can be so.”
He is just basically stating that we locate conscious events in the approximate neighborhood of the physical object we call the brain. Kind of like our visual states are somewhere in the eyes and brains and not somewhere else. Locating consciousness in the actual world is theoretical only and there is no precise location of consciousness. He agrees with my viewpoint that we have no understanding.

Quote:
NO, you have claimed the brain is a filter, that the brain is not the source, and that there 'are thousands of studies and research that has been done on subjective experiences that consciousness is "Non-Local" to the brain'.

Why can you not keep your stories straight?
I do not hold a physicalistic view of consciousness.

Quote:
The evidence says the brain. As McGinn says. How it does this, we do not know.
let’s see the experimental evidence.

Quote:
And Mcginn. And Pinker. And Dennet. And Minsky. usw.
Errr wrong

Quote:
Mmmh, do I trust you, or what an actual expert actually said?
. What he says agrees with my viewpoint. You have not shown anything in regards to Feynman that proves your point.


Quote:
I have never claimed I know HOW, only the WHERE. My claim is that the evidence shows consciousness is a product of the brain. And my work based on the findings of others (for which I get paid good money) is supporting evidence.
Do you have experimental evidence to show where it is located? Not correlational evidence.
 
Old 01-11-2019, 05:27 PM
 
11,328 posts, read 4,408,367 times
Reputation: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
A part of the universe is not a part of the universe. [True or Lie?] Always true, what else is there that you know of besides the universe...let's go there...go where? You tell me.

But when I lied to pappa, I thought it was the truth. Who really knows what the truth is? Certainly not a runaway liar that would create a partition within the universe and claim it is not a Part of this Universal recycling universe. I may be crazy, but they are fools!

1:45 AM
lmao, I knew when I told momma "yeah, I am at the safe house and the parents are here."

yikes, about the only good that came out of that was I ask my kids "let me talk to the parents."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top