U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Status: "Snip snip snip. Delete delete delete. ;)" (set 23 hours ago)
 
3,623 posts, read 1,800,904 times
Reputation: 4974

Advertisements

You absolutely are arguing. There's no need to pick my post apart point by point. You're looking for a fight, and you won't get one with me. You said "good luck", but I assure you, I'm not the one who needs it.

 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Status: "Snip snip snip. Delete delete delete. ;)" (set 23 hours ago)
 
3,623 posts, read 1,800,904 times
Reputation: 4974
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Some people can never be truly happy as long as others do not think the same way as they do.
Agreed. And a lot of people bring their mommy/daddy/church baggage here because they didn't get the answers they were looking for from those authority figures. I'm sorry they couldn't give you the answers you were looking for, but there comes a point where you're responsible for finding them on your own. And God is not going to give them to you if you approach him the same way you approach people here. You will be left in the dark until you humble yourself.
 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Pacific 🌉 N, 🌄W
10,429 posts, read 4,406,762 times
Reputation: 6658
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Some people can never be truly happy as long as others do not think the same way as they do.
I think you mean the world will never be a peaceful place as long as the religious followers tell us what we should be doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
70+ years of setting the world straight, death and then burial alongside the very people one has detested all lifelong.
You mean 2,000+ years of religion trying to set the world straight and all we see today is an epic failure after millions have been killed in the name of religion.

Thankfully our Founding Fathers were very wise about not allowing this to continue in the US.
 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Pacific 🌉 N, 🌄W
10,429 posts, read 4,406,762 times
Reputation: 6658
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
And a lot of people bring their mommy/daddy/church baggage here because they didn't get the answers they were looking for from those authority figures.
Like you just did in your posts? LOL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You will be left in the dark until you humble yourself.
Speak for yourself.
 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:39 PM
 
3,495 posts, read 2,380,367 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I think you mean the world will never be a peaceful place as long as the religious followers tell us what we should be doing.
You mean 2,000+ years of religion trying to set the world straight and all we see today is an epic failure after millions have been killed in the name of religion.

Thankfully our Founding Fathers were very wise about not allowing this to continue in the US.
It's your thread to discuss the Founding Fathers or whatever you'd like to discuss.
 
Old 11-12-2018, 01:06 PM
 
3,823 posts, read 1,394,296 times
Reputation: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Classy strawman there. Don't you think that it is only fair to allow us to respond to God -claims by saying there is inadequate evidence to support it and so don't believe it? And we would love for them to do the research rather than have the theist narrative shoved down their throats as has been the norm for a very long time - so long as they look at both sides rather than the One side theists would prefer them to look at.

Isn't that what we've been doing with you, old mate, with your endless and repeated ploys for trying to make a case for God. Usually by cheating, as exemplified by the attempt to make us define God, when it isn't for Us to do, but the believer, accusing us of rejecting even the best evidence for a god which of course excuses you from being obliged to produce any (you may recall that we showed that a god could indeed convince atheists that it was in fact God, whereas you would never believe it - if it was the God of the wrong religion), and here you simply try a smear.

You are not doing your case much good.
The notion itself is wrong, IMO.
When someone makes a "CLAIM" then probably yes, they should have an evidence.

Believing in the existing of God is *NOT* a claim. It's a belief based on faith. And faith does not require evidence.

Kindly rethink your strategy of countering this scenario.



Also, the OP and myself did not make any CLAIM - they simply asked a question whether God exist or not?

And I did NOT tell them that "Yes God exists" - I simply asked them to do their own research and find their own answers.

Not sure how hard is it to understand how unfair of an answer I gave to OP?
 
Old 11-12-2018, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Germany
3,222 posts, read 576,921 times
Reputation: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Stupid question of course there is or else you wouldnt be here
Stupid answer. You have to presume there was nothing to begin with to start with your implausible, special pleading god.
 
Old 11-12-2018, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Pacific 🌉 N, 🌄W
10,429 posts, read 4,406,762 times
Reputation: 6658
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
It's your thread to discuss the Founding Fathers or whatever you'd like to discuss.
Interesting how you skipped right over the most obvious fact I mentioned.

What about those 2,000+ years of religion trying to set the world straight and all we see today is an epic failure after millions have been killed in the name of religion?

Interesting you only commented on the Founding Fathers but skipped right over this glaring fact above.
 
Old 11-12-2018, 05:45 PM
 
4,820 posts, read 2,361,173 times
Reputation: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Interesting how you skipped right over the most obvious fact I mentioned.
What about those 2,000+ years of religion trying to set the world straight and all we see today is an epic failure after millions have been killed in the name of religion?
Interesting you only commented on the Founding Fathers but skipped right over this glaring fact above.
What about 2,000 + years of men ignoring God's Golden Rule as per Leviticus 19:18:B.
It is Not Scripture as Jesus taught, but men ignoring what Jesus taught.
So, what has failed in Not the teachings of Jesus, but men not keeping those teachings - Matthew 26:52.
Thus, it is No wonder Jesus taught his true followers would be hated by the nations at Matthew 10:22.
Men's epic failure is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come Lord Jesus and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as mentioned at Rev. 22:2.
 
Old 11-12-2018, 05:54 PM
 
4,820 posts, read 2,361,173 times
Reputation: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I agree with this. Think of earth as a classroom. Everyone is a student learning at his or own pace, yet crossing paths with other "students" who help them learn what lessons they came to master. I think "Jesus" is the "grade" we attain right before "graduating" to eternal life. Whatever that means........................
I find Adam was offered ' everlasting life ' on Earth as long as he did Not break God's law.
So, for most people ' graduating ' to eternal life means: being resurrected back to life on Earth.
ALL the people Jesus resurrected he brought back to healthy physical life on Earth.
Jesus even promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5. - Psalm 37:9-11.

So, for the majority of people 'eternal life' means having the opportunity that was originally given to Adam before his downfall.
This is why Revelation 22:2 speaks of the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' to be here on Earth for the 'healing' of earth's nations.
At that time frame even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top