Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:22 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Mensa, entire thread title puts political twist on it.
GOP Lawmaker: Execute those not following Biblical Law

It does not say "christian" or even religious. It connects two premises: GOP and Execute. Actually, places weight on GOP.

I promise, I won't go political but it very much so reminds of very popular Russian serial Sleepers. In it, a CIA sleeper agent, now in Czech republic, has a crew of bloggers with only one intent - discredit Putin as much as possible. He reviews one blogger article on some communal mishap in some small town far in Russia. Titled "local authority does not respond to tenant needs"

He says to blogger: Ok, look. Local authority was placed in position by who? A minister in Moscow. Who placed that minister in charge? She says - Putin approved him. Then she looks at him and spills out - Putin assigned government does not take care of tenant in need.
I hope, you see my point.

In between the term "GOP" and the term "execute" is the term "Biblical." I made it very clear that my quarrel is with religion itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 06:14 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Bad analogy. No peanut is EVER going to grow into a tree, lol. This is what a peanut crop looks like:
Tiny deadly trees and very dense peanuts.
Locust clouds of them.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 11-05-2018 at 06:36 PM..

Old 11-05-2018, 06:33 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
In between the term "GOP" and the term "execute" is the term "Biblical." I made it very clear that my quarrel is with religion itself.
By identifying a political party, you made it inexcusably political and bigoted.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:38 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That wingnut is wrong. Plain and simple.

Now explain to me how they are any worse than a militant atheist that wants to kill religious people and anyone that disagrees?
I would say that the better question is how is he any better than a terrorist Jihadist?

Old 11-05-2018, 06:43 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I see some on the far end of the field there who made it to treehood.
Lol. Genetic experiments!

Old 11-05-2018, 11:25 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
By identifying a political party, you made it inexcusably political and bigoted.
The party was named in the article.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:33 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Can there be any question that religion is humankind's greatest threat to the goal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
None whatsoever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Looks like another provocation to discredit a major religion and seed fear of it in the crowd.
...and yet if it were an atheist calling for the death of Christians, you would be marching in the streets screaming about 'PERSECUTION'.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Who is this militant atheist? Because frankly, I suspect s/he is a figment of your imagination.

This Matt Shea however is an actual person elected to an actual government position.
Fancy that, not so much a peanut as a glaring idol in their image.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What the mainstream media does to liberals:

"By pointing out a simple truth (whether emotionally or callously, we will fault you for either or both depending on our bias) that no one could disagree with, you are inexcusable, partisan, and hateful."

To anti-liberals:

*shrugs* "O.K. you tried to equivalenting it, everything is equally fair now and you are excused. We aren't going to investigate whether the statistical facts bear out this false equivalency or not. Moving on."

Old 11-06-2018, 02:47 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The author does not sound to be Christian , See Jesus said that ``unless your righteousness surpasses the scribes and the Pharisees then you won`t see the kingdom of heaven `` ...... And this author of biblical law sounds to be a scribe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality