Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 07:17 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwga View Post
these are copies of watchtower books and magazines. The yellow one is from the 1984 watchtower, saying the generation that saw the things they say were a sign of the end times. I.e ww1 or pangs of distress, would be alive to see the end of the system of things. Or armageddon. The black and white is from the 1964 truth that leads to eternal life or truth book as they called it. It shows that within one generation all the things leading to and including the end of the system would happen in a single generation.

Now we come to more present day and the time has run out. When i was a kid it was said you had to be of an age of understanding in 1914. In other words you need to know and comprehend what was going on in 1914 to be part of that generation. As time went on they kept changing it so even babies were included. This gave them some time to kick the can down the road.

Fast forward and in 1995 it was clear non of this was working out and that 1914 generation was almost gone. They needed to do something and like while e. Cyote how needed to escape with back against a canyon wall they threw up an acme instant escape hole, its the new definition of generation.

We all know there is only one definition of generation as they uses it but they created a new on. I will post a link to the video where they explain it. Its crazy how they bend them self into a pretzel to try to make this work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejo0z8m2n-k
😳
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 07:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Maybe in real life, and I've known a couple of JW's through work who seemed nice enough. I've never seen a JW on this forum who posted anything beyond gloating about how they were special and going to heaven while the rest of us are doomed and wrong. Over and over and over again. I bet they come off as positive and pleasant in real life, too.
Only 144k go to heaven, the rest get to live forever on a paradise earth...

Old 11-18-2018, 07:23 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Funny, it says Scientology and the trailer is talking about JWs and at the end of the trailer it says it’s about Scientology...
She's been doing a series about Scientology. Within that series, she did a two hour episode about the Jehovah's Witnesses. Like the Scientology episodes, it is about people who have left or who were expelled from the group.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:34 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
...Okay, so I went back and listened to more of her Joe Rogan interview, to be fair to her. It's 2 hours 17 minutes on Youtube. (Joe Rogan Experience #908)
I found two good bits here where she and the host were talking about their specific beliefs, and I think her beliefs in this interview match mine. Joe says some good stuff also which I agree with. I may agree slightly more with him, and I get the impression that he is a typical pot-smoking, freethinking Hollywood actor.
1:19-1:25
1:29-1:35
I don't think anyone can really criticize her, even if she does have more traditional beliefs. Who on this forum would have the courage to go public in her discussion of religion the way she has?

Old 11-18-2018, 09:00 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Leah Remini was a famous Scientologist who recently left Scientology and has been criticizing it. That could be why the video was labelled that way.

But she is now doing this similar report on Jehova's Witnesses, and I have seen her interviewing former JW's. Why? I don't know.
Because a lot of people who have left the Watchtower have noticed the similarities in the control methods and have asked for it.

Here is the full episode online if you are interested:

https://www.facebook.com/10001105207...2489772462752/

Old 11-20-2018, 08:19 AM

99 posts, read 51,948 times
Quote:
Dwight D Eisenhower, Michael Jackson, Serena Williams, Prince, George Benson, Patti Smith, Geri Halliwell.
Yes, these are all such horrible and destructive people aren't they?
PLEASE
Jackson was a pedophile that fits, Williams and Prince were not JWs. They called them-self one but in fact their life style was and is not in line with JWs in good standing. Most of the celebrities who call them-self a JW are people who grew up in it and have been indoctrinated and can not leave it but are not living it. Now the second point the rank and file believers many are deluded not bad people. The religion leaders and those who are direct supporters like the Gov. Body helpers are the bad eggs. Your apologist BS is not a good argument.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
I like to share this video link because it's not produced by JWs nor is it produced by their detractors. It appeared on PBS as a way to introduce JWs to a public that often times misunderstands JWs and media which generally potrays JWs in a negative light.

Of note, one of the filmakers was raised as a JW but never was baptized as one. It's interesting he harbors no ill will towards JWs and that's true of a good many who for various reasons are never interested in baptism or leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4cS4n9ZkA
I watched this video and it is a lot of BS.. It passes over the main issues and complaints of the JWs. The message they give at the door is one of happy happy joy joy. Would you like to live on paradise earth forever with resurrected family and pet a lion? Its like the message the Scientologist give you when they recruit. Once in you get the more hard core message of don't associate with unbelievers, cut off family that are unbelievers and or are against the religion, no holidays, voting, blood in medical needs, 5 meetings a week plus personal study, not going to the police when there is a crime committed by a fellow brother, threats of shunning if you question the belief that they are the only true religion on earth, going to another church, watching R movies, celebrating a birth day, smoking, having a beard, getting a divorce, women not being in subjection to men, and the list goes on and on.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
WOW. What a power 8 minute clip. I would love to watch the entire thing. (Produced by PBS apparently)

To me, the Jehova's Witnesses are a group of social justice. But before seeing this, I had never even heard about their work against the Nazis. They took a STAND against Hitler. This country has religious bias for sure. It sucks.
This is what you get when you don't know the history. Joe Rutherford sent a letter to Hitler saying he agreed with the stance on "international Jewry, https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/hitler-nazi.php

When the Nazi party ignored the pip squeak religion Joe R. got ticked off and then told the JWs in Nazi Germany to defy the bans on preaching. This is when they were persecuted. Before this some assemblies even had Swastika flags hanging around and in the kingdom halls .

Old 11-20-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I think it kind of SUCKS the way Leah Remini is so critical of Scientology and JWs. I listened to part of her lengthy interview with Joe Rogan and she talked about being raised by a harsh Catholic father. And I read that she recently has returned to Catholicism. I don't know how serious her Catholic beliefs are, though. There are many people who become Catholic practicing just as a way of organizing their private spirituality, which is often nothing more than general Theism. And that is fine. Something tells me that she is more traditionally minded, since she has been so critical of the two smaller religions. Other members would not feel so negatively about the JWs due to their personalities. I would love to see her criticizing evangelical Christianity or something larger like that, so I think she is a hypocrite in attacking the smaller and weaker groups the way that she has.
It's almost like bullying.
One has to be very obtuse intentionally to believe this crap.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:40 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
I think it kind of SUCKS the way Leah Remini is so critical of Scientology and JWs. I listened to part of her lengthy interview with Joe Rogan and she talked about being raised by a harsh Catholic father. And I read that she recently has returned to Catholicism. I don't know how serious her Catholic beliefs are, though. There are many people who become Catholic practicing just as a way of organizing their private spirituality, which is often nothing more than general Theism. And that is fine. Something tells me that she is more traditionally minded, since she has been so critical of the two smaller religions. Other members would not feel so negatively about the JWs due to their personalities. I would love to see her criticizing evangelical Christianity or something larger like that, so I think she is a hypocrite in attacking the smaller and weaker groups the way that she has.
It's almost like bullying.
And I think it SUCKS that Scientologists and JW's get to bully their people. I think it SUCKS that so many people fall for the nonsense, and leave their brains at the door. Guess we have different opinions on things that SUCK regarding these two religions that are definitely not cults...

I don't know where you think she is "bullying" them, since she is merely pointing out how terrible they are to their people on a whole. Would it be "bullying" if you talked to Nazis like that? Pedophiles? Please...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality