U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2019, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
1,296 posts, read 453,800 times
Reputation: 863

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
This is a disgusting post. A child being touched versus the alleged son of god having spikes driven through his hands. Are you kidding me? Jesus was no innocent. A child is totally innocent. How dare you compare the two?


Big fail on that one.
I would guess a lower than room temp IQ helps...


Fact is, JW's are Moderator cut: name-calling. Plain and simple. They all believe this nonsense, or at the very least, do nothing to stop it. Those who get out and become productive members of society are helping bring light to this mess too.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-11-2019 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 AM
 
Location: at the foothills of the cascades, washington
216 posts, read 101,424 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
...a child touched
how does it feel to know that you and your fellow member's donations to The Watchtower are being used to pay off victims of child abuse around the world? Maybe why so many kingdomhalls are starting to be sold off as well.

Montana case in 2018: Jehovah's witnesses ordered by court to pay victim $35 million.
--------------------------------------------
Australia 2015: "From 1950 to 2014, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society amassed 5,000 files detailing sexual abuse of Australian children by 1,006 of its members."
----------------------------------------------
Pennysylvania 2017: Fessler took Watchtower to court, awarded a settlement under a confidentiality clause.
---------------------------------------------
Candace Conti 2012-2015: $7million awarded to be paid by her abuser, the congregation, and The Watchtower.
---------------------------------------------
Campos 2014: "Defendant Campos had an accusation of molestation made against him by a child and his mother in 1981, but nothing was done due to the "two witness" rule. Around 1983, Campos started molesting a 6 year old boy over a two year period. Despite the accusations of molestation, and having been reproved, Campos was made a Ministerial Servant in 1988 and an elder in 1993. Campos was disfellowshipped in 1995 and reinstated in 2000. Court documents reveal that over this time frame, Campos molested at least seven children.

In the case, Watchtower refused to provide its list of known predators to the court. See utsadndiego.com

Rather than settle out of court, victim Jose Lopez took the risk of pursuing the case in court. Lopez had been abused as a 7 year old by Campos. Congregation elders recommended Campos study with Lopez, despite having knowledge that Campos was a pedophile and had molested another boy. In 2014, a San Diego judge awarded Lopez $13.5 million.......Watchtower appealed the case..........As of April 2017, the case against Campos continues.
---------------------------------------------
2007 Out of court settlements: In 2007, the Watchtower settled 16 child abuse cases, with a total payout estimated to have been $13 million dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 12:36 AM
 
Location: at the foothills of the cascades, washington
216 posts, read 101,424 times
Reputation: 250
Jw's will always reply, "It is god's organization, but man is imperfect". And they love to point fingers at "false religions being ruled by Satan"...such as the pedophilia within the Catholic church. At least the Pope acknowledges it and APOLOGIZED publicly. Have the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses publicly apologized to victims? Have they admitted that their "two witness policy" does not work, and is harmful? Are they doing anything to try and fix it? Nope. It is all about a reputation and "not bringing reproach on Jehovah's name".....sickening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 12:43 AM
 
Location: at the foothills of the cascades, washington
216 posts, read 101,424 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
True followers know how to forgive, because they know 100% --that their sin is no lesser than their brothers sins to Gods view. Don't you want to be forgiven--then you must forgive.
Forgiveness eh? There are cases where the molesters are forgiven and reproved, only to be let back in the congregation and often times being promoted to ministerial servant or elder where they continue to abuse again, often times without other members being warned they have a pedophile in their midst. <<cut>>

Last edited by mensaguy; 01-12-2019 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: Removed demonic reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 05:37 PM
 
4,165 posts, read 1,534,657 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
how does it feel to know that you and your fellow member's donations to The Watchtower are being used to pay off victims of child abuse around the world? Maybe why so many kingdomhalls are starting to be sold off as well.

Montana case in 2018: Jehovah's witnesses ordered by court to pay victim $35 million.
--------------------------------------------
Australia 2015: "From 1950 to 2014, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society amassed 5,000 files detailing sexual abuse of Australian children by 1,006 of its members."
----------------------------------------------
Pennysylvania 2017: Fessler took Watchtower to court, awarded a settlement under a confidentiality clause.
---------------------------------------------
Candace Conti 2012-2015: $7million awarded to be paid by her abuser, the congregation, and The Watchtower.
---------------------------------------------
Campos 2014: "Defendant Campos had an accusation of molestation made against him by a child and his mother in 1981, but nothing was done due to the "two witness" rule. Around 1983, Campos started molesting a 6 year old boy over a two year period. Despite the accusations of molestation, and having been reproved, Campos was made a Ministerial Servant in 1988 and an elder in 1993. Campos was disfellowshipped in 1995 and reinstated in 2000. Court documents reveal that over this time frame, Campos molested at least seven children.

In the case, Watchtower refused to provide its list of known predators to the court. See utsadndiego.com

Rather than settle out of court, victim Jose Lopez took the risk of pursuing the case in court. Lopez had been abused as a 7 year old by Campos. Congregation elders recommended Campos study with Lopez, despite having knowledge that Campos was a pedophile and had molested another boy. In 2014, a San Diego judge awarded Lopez $13.5 million.......Watchtower appealed the case..........As of April 2017, the case against Campos continues.
---------------------------------------------
2007 Out of court settlements: In 2007, the Watchtower settled 16 child abuse cases, with a total payout estimated to have been $13 million dollars.


Paedophiles get in everywhere children are present. Not one knows they are paedophiles until an incident occurs.Its not the religions fault.
And who do you think satan wants to belittle and be made to look bad--Jesus' seed, he already has the rest. He is relentless. He even got a hand picked apostle to sell the son of God in front of all for 30 pieces of silver. It didn't make the religion wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 05:38 PM
 
4,165 posts, read 1,534,657 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
Forgiveness eh? There are cases where the molesters are forgiven and reproved, only to be let back in the congregation and often times being promoted to ministerial servant or elder where they continue to abuse again, often times without other members being warned they have a pedophile in their midst. <<cut>>


No one with wisdom would let a known paedophile alone with their child. No JW would. It is not accepted by the JW,s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 05:41 PM
 
4,165 posts, read 1,534,657 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yes, stupidity at its finest.... Which was my point. Their world is nothing but black and white. Kids being diddled by their members? Who cares? Jesus was nailed to a cross!!!


kjw, you just proved that JW's are free to molest kids in their congregation, because you guys simply don't care. You just "forgive" them and move on. While they keep diddling kids because you did nothing. Moderator cut: We don't want to call any one poster or entire religion names. Any God that would let you into its kingdom is a God any thinking man/woman would want no part of. You can have it. I don't want to live for eternity with kiddie diddlers being treated the same as everyone else.



You people just twist it. You follow the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 05:43 PM
 
4,165 posts, read 1,534,657 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I would guess a lower than room temp IQ helps...


Fact is, JW's are Moderator cut: name-calling. Plain and simple. They all believe this nonsense, or at the very least, do nothing to stop it. Those who get out and become productive members of society are helping bring light to this mess too.


It is not accepted--You twist it because you listen to apostates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 06:55 PM
 
Location: at the foothills of the cascades, washington
216 posts, read 101,424 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Paedophiles get in everywhere children are present. Not one knows they are paedophiles until an incident occurs.Its not the religions fault.
And who do you think satan wants to belittle and be made to look bad--Jesus' seed, he already has the rest. He is relentless. He even got a hand picked apostle to sell the son of God in front of all for 30 pieces of silver. It didn't make the religion wrong.
Yes, pedophiles are everywhere. But that doesn't make it okay for The Watchtower to try and sweep it under the rug, and let it continue with the two witness policy. How can you not understand that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 06:58 PM
 
Location: at the foothills of the cascades, washington
216 posts, read 101,424 times
Reputation: 250
Why do I not see any Jehovah's Witnesses still in the congregation actively protesting the Governing Body's stance on the two witness policy? Why are they afraid to question those 8 men, and stand up to what IS NOT RIGHT???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top