Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 11:16 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Not above it? Are you insane? We are kicking the systems ass
well, the biosphere designed the best adaptation to date. we are not "above" the system nor are we 'kicking its buttay. we are the first animal that can move with the system and consciously feedback on the system to achieve ... whatever. if we so choose that is.

spiritually speaking, we can align ourselves to the system. to understand we are one in the same thing. well, that's what the evidence suggest amway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 12:23 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times
Civilization is an emergent property. It has emerged from the law of the jungle. It is not part of the law of the jungle. It is separate from the law of the jungle. It is beyond the law of the jungle. It is above the law of the jungle. It is something entirely new.

Last edited by granpa; 12-29-2018 at 12:36 AM..

Old 12-29-2018, 01:56 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Civilization is an emergent property. It has emerged from the law of the jungle. It is not part of the law of the jungle. It is separate from the law of the jungle. It is beyond the law of the jungle. It is above the law of the jungle. It is something entirely new.
And what is law of the jungle?

Old 12-29-2018, 04:56 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I tend to agree.

Scientific communities don't insist. well, honest ones don't anway. They only look at valid, more valid, less valid. Gaia was proposed a while ago, It just looking like its more true than before is about all we can say at this point.

I think we make the next, more complex, life form in 200 years or less. you just might see it.

I would find that fascinating to see that new life form...and I agree that it might happen in the not-so-distant future.

Last edited by Clintone; 12-29-2018 at 05:36 AM..

Old 12-29-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
I agree with this, there is no doubt that we are the next step in complexity. That step offers us a degree of freedom not seen before. Its just not enough to classify us as something completely different to me. heck, we still fit into manuals quite nicely.

either way, the point of being animals so we shouldn't worry about "being nice" is quite absurd. I mean how don't people know that is not a data point?

Old 12-29-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I would find that fascinating to see that new life form...and I agree that it might happen in the not-so-distant future.
IKR. I studied a bunch in the earth sciences. I can't believe that we are seeing a mass extinction event and we can see the next life form that may emerge from it. even if its just a reasonable prediction in our minds eye.

i wish more people choose to understand it. The more people learn the more religion tends to settle in its proper p;ace. well, I guess that is wrong, the curve in types of people preclude that until that next life form I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality