Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 01:07 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times

Advertisements

I made a post but it got posted before I finished and a 2012 thread appeared so I deleted.

The short answer is if God created all the animals, including parasite wasps, the God thinks it is moral and good. If morality is absolute and never changes the a rape victim either being stoned or force to marry her rapists should still be moral. If acting like animals means that we care for our young, look after disabled pack members (African painted dog) not murder (deer, many butterflies ) mate for life (some species of birds).

Do other species of animals murder each other because one is not the correct colour or race? And race is a biological term in animals, six races of black billed magpies, more than three of black Eyed juncos

I don't hit others across the face with a shovel cause I don't want others to hit me. I want others to have medical care as I too want to be able to obtain it. Don't understand why the concept of morality evolving for the benefit of a species is so hard to understand. Or that it was humans who breed in dog fighting into some breeds and train them to do so. Try a dog fight between 2 Brittany especially and it would be over and they ,ight be friends in the time it took to type this post.

Jeff, unless you don't eat meat AND d9nt eat plants grown on former wildlife habitat, you might want to think how you are more moral than a whitetail deer or an American robin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 01:13 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Also Jeff think about those killing machines programmed by both sides if the civil war, or any civil conflict. The calvary shhoting sleeping natives, troupe burning Niagara on the Lake, lynching of blacks in the south etc. Or all those religious wars of the past and present. Even if it was the case that the leaders were not religious, their leaders usually were.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:28 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I made a post but it got posted before I finished and a 2012 thread appeared so I deleted.
Yes, I saw it. You mentioned to Jeff something about denying homosexuals rights, which is why I posted what is below.

Quote:
The short answer is if God created all the animals, including parasite wasps, the God thinks it is moral and good. If morality is absolute and never changes the a rape victim either being stoned or force to marry her rapists should still be moral. If acting like animals means that we care for our young, look after disabled pack members (African painted dog) not murder (deer, many butterflies ) mate for life (some species of birds).

Do other species of animals murder each other because one is not the correct colour or race? And race is a biological term in animals, six races of black billed magpies, more than three of black Eyed juncos

I don't hit others across the face with a shovel cause I don't want others to hit me. I want others to have medical care as I too want to be able to obtain it. Don't understand why the concept of morality evolving for the benefit of a species is so hard to understand. Or that it was humans who breed in dog fighting into some breeds and train them to do so. Try a dog fight between 2 Brittany especially and it would be over and they ,ight be friends in the time it took to type this post.

Jeff, unless you don't eat meat AND d9nt eat plants grown on former wildlife habitat, you might want to think how you are more moral than a whitetail deer or an American robin.
Honestly, the marriage issue is a political matter; otherwise, any legal persons should be able to marry whomever they choose as long as both or all parties are consenting. I sincerely believe it's no one's business if someone wants to marry their grandfather, brother, mother, sister etc. There's more to relationships than sex and some may never intend to procreate.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:31 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its a silly question. its wonderful to be at most complex animal to date and its an honor to be a rung in evolution for the next step.

A personal reason/need to be more doesn't make it so.
Seems kinda odd to me that out of the thousands and thousands of species, we are the only one who developed advanced complex brains. How sad that you rather adopt a depraved viewpoint of humanity as being nothing more than sacks of meat.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:52 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Seems kinda odd to me that out of the thousands and thousands of species, we are the only one who developed advanced complex brains. How sad that you rather adopt a depraved viewpoint of humanity as being nothing more than sacks of meat.
What is depraved about acknowledging that we are animals? Denying it changes nothing.

Have you been on a long vacation, or banned for a time, or something? It occurs to me that you have not been around in awhile.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:02 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What is depraved about acknowledging that we are animals? Denying it changes nothing.

Have you been on a long vacation, or banned for a time, or something? It occurs to me that you have not been around in awhile.
Morality has no place if that is your belief. You can spend your life helping the poor with no gain or pleasure or live it up like Hugh Hefner. In the end, both people become worm food, wiped away in the dustbins of time. One could argue that would be foolishness to not spend every moment alive in extremely selfish pursuits since there is no life after death, right?

Old 11-20-2018, 02:21 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Don't you have capacity for thought and reason beyond that which belongs to a dog? I do.
How did you achieve that superior capacity? Aren’t you and all Atheists believe that you guys came from a chimp?

Old 11-20-2018, 02:23 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Morality has no place if that is your belief. You can spend your life helping the poor with no gain or pleasure or live it up like Hugh Hefner. In the end, both people become worm food, wiped away in the dustbins of time. One could argue that would be foolishness to not spend every moment alive in extremely selfish pursuits since there is no life after death, right?
this is not proof of "universal morality". yes, I could be be selfish, I do what I do because all we have is each other.

on a more elegant explanation, humans can only be humans. we will act like humans and help each other. like zebras act like zebra's and migrate. its just life. but it is life.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
till you have more than "its has to be real because I feel we are more than we are." I'll stick to what you god has shown me.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:30 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Humans have discovered that living together in societies offers major advantages for long term survival. Living together necessarily requires the recognition that what one does not wish be done to them, they should not do to others. That is the basis for morality.

Many animals have learned that working together in mutual cooperation has long term survival advantages for the entire group.
But we are talking about morality. Don’t we?

Hold on !!
Are you saying many animals that have learned to work together for long term survival have develop morality? Which animals you are talking about? Hyenas? Deer? Geese? Monkeys? Lions? Wildebeest?

Seriously. I would like to know what kind of morals have these animals developed just because they have learned to live and work together within their species for long term survival?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality