Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 11:03 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times

Advertisements

The youngest confirmed mother was Lina Medina of Peru, who gave birth at the age of five years, seven months, and 21 days. That's kinda young!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 05:45 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,082,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think there's a major problem in your post.

Do I think kids are exposed (not sure we should have chosen that word) to too much too soon. Yes. But on the other hand, in the 1950s (for example), while kids were watching Howdy Doody and Pinkly Lee, did Americans have a healthy understanding of sexuality...definitely not.
So you are saying that now we have a healthy understanding of sexuality as compared to 50’s?

If yes, then is THAT the reason why 6 or 7 year girls now getting early periods?

Old 11-30-2018, 06:08 PM

50,758 posts, read 24,253,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So you are saying that now we have a healthy understanding of sexuality as compared to 50’s?

If yes, then is THAT the reason why 6 or 7 year girls now getting early periods?
I am saying that society has a more realistic understanding of the biology and psychology of sex today than society had in the 1950s.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I am saying that society has a more realistic understanding of the biology and psychology of sex today than society had in the 1950s.
OK and how does that relate to the situation presented in OP to which I was directly replying?

Old 11-30-2018, 06:22 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
I am not a Christian but based on my knowledge of religion. I would say that God created humans and allowed young girls to get pregnant to give mankind an opportunity to follow his word regarding remaining chaste until marriage. Since sexual activity seems to be occurring at younger ages, it would stand to reason that sexual maturity would follow suit to give these girls the opportunity to follow God's word.

Before someone mentions about rape pregnancy, We can only try to understand that there are things known to God that are not known to us. We can only have faith that there is a greater plan for rape pregancies than we are given knowledge of. And that something which may seem bad and unfair might actually be for the greater good.

But then, I'm not a Christian.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I am not a Christian but based on my knowledge of religion. I would say that God created humans and allowed young girls to get pregnant to give mankind an opportunity to follow his word regarding remaining chaste until marriage. Since sexual activity seems to be occurring at younger ages, it would stand to reason that sexual maturity would follow suit to give these girls the opportunity to follow God's word.

Before someone mentions about rape pregnancy, We can only try to understand that there are things known to God that are not known to us. We can only have faith that there is a greater plan for rape pregancies than we are given knowledge of. And that something which may seem bad and unfair might actually be for the greater good.

But then, I'm not a Christian.
But that doesn’t mean rapists should be dealt with any lesser than the maximum possible punishment by law.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
OK and how does that relate to the situation presented in OP to which I was directly replying?
I responded to your question of, "So you are saying that now we have a healthy understanding of sexuality as compared to 50’s?"

As far as your other question ("If yes, then is THAT the reason why 6 or 7 year girls now getting early periods?")...I don't know. Perhaps you're an expert on girl's periods. I'm not.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:

As far as your other question ("If yes, then is THAT the reason why 6 or 7 year girls now getting early periods?")...I don't know. Perhaps you're an expert on girl's periods. I'm not.
Did u notice a question mark at the end of my sentence?
Think about it, how can I be the expert when I am asking a question instead of giving you a lecture to indicate my expertise on the subject? Common sense, isn’t it?

On the other hand I still don’t understand how are your responses related to OP?

Old 12-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
My apology. To be honest, I often find your responses to be sarcastic, and I didn't realize this one wasn't.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:42 PM

11,016 posts, read 5,975,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good topic.
I don't know if it's God's 'fault'or mistake'..but there was certainly someone at 'fault' making the avocado pit
so big...
Ya. I don't know where his mind was.

Just as an aside, the avo pit was even larger relative to the flesh before man came along and did some selective breeding.

http://www.backyardnature.net/chiapas/avocado.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality