U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,261 posts, read 10,654,001 times
Reputation: 20704

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If so, I suspect that he just likes to create discord between people. Very un-Christian, wouldn't you agree?
If you look at where most of the discord in this country comes from, it's from the religious right and those who have been oppressed by religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,261 posts, read 10,654,001 times
Reputation: 20704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And exactly how is that possible when I am dealing with a group that has a track record of auto-rejecting any kind of evidence that supports Christianity? Their ego will not allow an atheist to be humble and admit they are wrong.

I supported my opinion with links of evidence. You rejected because you HAVE to. Predictable as always.
That's not true Jeff.

If you comb through my posts you'll see that I support that a man named Jesus did exist.
You'll see that I say there is much wisdom in the New Testament.
You'll see that I even occasionally attend a christian religious service, if invited by friends.
You'll see that I compliment friends of mine about their christianity (when deserved).
And what I have not discussed is that in the past I did volunteer work for Catholic Charities of Richmond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:23 PM
 
8,766 posts, read 3,908,340 times
Reputation: 1940
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Jeff often starts these little wars and then whines.
No, i start a discussion and your ilk has to degrade it to personal character attacks. Every single time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:25 PM
 
8,766 posts, read 3,908,340 times
Reputation: 1940
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's not true Jeff.

If you comb through my posts you'll see that I support that a man named Jesus did exist.
You'll see that I say there is much wisdom in the New Testament.
You'll see that I even occasionally attend a christian religious service, if invited by friends.
You'll see that I compliment friends of mine about their christianity (when deserved).
And what I have not discussed is that in the past I did volunteer work for Catholic Charities of Richmond.
Show me a post on this forum or anywhere where an atheist admitted that a Bible believing Christian made a good and valid point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,261 posts, read 10,654,001 times
Reputation: 20704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No, i start a discussion and your ilk has to degrade it to personal character attacks. Every single time.
It's not our fault if your character invites "attacks".

Let's take a look at just the title of YOUR thread. It's an insult. You begin with an insult and then ask us to play nice. I don't recall Jesus talking like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:25 PM
 
Location: The Eastern Shore
2,385 posts, read 638,079 times
Reputation: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No, i start a discussion and your ilk has to degrade it to personal character attacks. Every single time.
Well, when you blatantly lie (after being corrected numerous times), tell other people what they believe or think (even though they have told you you are wrong), and just generally do things that aren't looked highly upon, expect people to call you out. If you take that as a personal character attack, then maybe, you know, stop lying and misrepresenting everyone here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,261 posts, read 10,654,001 times
Reputation: 20704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Show me a post on this forum or anywhere where an atheist admitted that a Bible believing Christian made a good and valid point.
What did I just list, Jeff. You need to read it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:33 PM
 
9,096 posts, read 5,236,500 times
Reputation: 10355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And exactly how is that possible when I am dealing with a group that has a track record of auto-rejecting any kind of evidence that supports Christianity? Their ego will not allow an atheist to be humble and admit they are wrong.

I supported my opinion with links of evidence. You rejected because you HAVE to. Predictable as always.
I don't HAVE to do anything, so I'm not certain what you mean by this.

I have yet to see you produce any evidence which supports Christianity or the opinions you were stating as facts. Irrespective of anyone's ego, it is ALWAYS the person who makes the claim who bears the burden of supporting its correctness. This is basic logic/argument/debate.

And no, I am not the sort of person to believe what I hear just because someone says so. Without proof, I disregard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:36 PM
 
Location: The Eastern Shore
2,385 posts, read 638,079 times
Reputation: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I don't HAVE to do anything, so I'm not certain what you mean by this.

I have yet to see you produce any evidence which supports Christianity or the opinions you were stating as facts. Irrespective of anyone's ego, it is ALWAYS the person who makes the claim who bears the burden of supporting its correctness. This is basic logic/argument/debate.

And no, I am not the sort of person to believe what I hear just because someone says so. Without proof, I disregard.
But according to Jeff, you have to prove he's wrong, otherwise he's right.... I guess that means he also believes in Bigfoot, since you can't prove that he isn't real. I guess he believes in aliens, Zeus, pink teapots orbiting the moon, and all other silly things you can't prove to be fake or real? Nah, he only takes that stance in regards to Christianity... Funny how that works, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 03:39 PM
 
9,096 posts, read 5,236,500 times
Reputation: 10355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No, i start a discussion and your ilk has to degrade it to personal character attacks. Every single time.
I see. So there is no unsupported insult in the title of this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top