Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 10:44 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I have posted this before so the dates have changed. I have added a photo of a similar sofa to show exactly where the keys were found. See the red star. There are two differences in our sofa. First, our sofa had two small pillows and there was a sheet that covered the cushion under the pillows.

Here is the story.... About 14-15 years ago my wife had misplaced her keys. We started searching in the obvious places. In her purse, in the car, in my car, in the pockets of the clothes that we wore the day before, etc. No luck. The search expanded to all the rooms in our 5 room house. We searched the kitchen drawers, cabinets, and under the stove and fridge. We searched the bathroom cabinets, the clothes hamper, under the claw foot bathtub. We started searching the two bedrooms. Under the beds, under the pillows, between the mattresses, closets, in our pockets hanging in the closets. We searched the living room everywhere. Under the sofa cushions, under the sofas, behind the curtains. One particular stuffed chair in the living room was kinda in bad shape so we had a tapestry on it and two small pillows in each corner of the chair. In our search, I had taken off the pillows, taken off the tapestry, searched down in the cracks where all the change and popcorn usually hangs out, and under the chair itself. I had done this not once, but three times! After about three days and three hours of searching. We decided it was time to go out on the porch and smoke a cigarette. Take a break and regroup, if you will. While out on the porch, my wife said a little prayer. "Lord, can you please help me find my keys. I really need those keys and I would really appreciate it if you could help, amen". After our smoke, we decided to resume our search. We walked back into the house and guess what? Those keys were laying on that chair, in the open, between the two pillows. Remember, I had taken that chair apart three times. If there is no God, will someone explain to me how those keys ended up on that chair?
I'm certainly not trying to convince you there is no God, since I believe God exists.

Here's a theory. When we are convinced something is lost, and we are in that mindset, our mind doesn't register when we actually see what we believe is missing. A prayer, or anything that changes our mindset, will allow us to perceive differently, and see what's been right in front of us all along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 10:46 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
...snip... If there is no God, will someone explain to me how those keys ended up on that chair?
Sure, I'll take a crack at it.

There was obviously a dimensional warp in the house and a puckish elf pilfered the keys to poke a bit of fun at the humans. When it overheard your wife's prayer, it decided to have a bit more fun and play God.

You're welcome.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:50 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
There actually are people out there who believe god finds their lost keys?

Old 12-04-2018, 11:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Sure, I'll take a crack at it.
There was obviously a dimensional warp in the house and a puckish elf pilfered the keys to poke a bit of fun at the humans. When it overheard your wife's prayer, it decided to have a bit more fun and play God.
You're welcome.
Thank you

Old 12-04-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
I lose things alot...when I start to feel any anxiety...I stop instantly, recognizing the teaching...Be anxious for nothing and also ...Give God your burdens (sorry i don't give them to Jesus as he said to)....I say...''Find 'em, pls, Lord, thank You"...and go get ready...a thought pops into my head from nowhere ''look behind'' something...and they are also there.
So I never sweat about anything...I give it to God....not angels, not Jesus...but my Father....or that Being that is all around me.
That's just 'me'.

If I didn't find them, has never happened...the doc might call cuz he's running so late..it always works out.
That's my belief, see? And so it is.
(Belief is the most powerful force I have found so far...when it is deep in the subconscious mind...
well, it's a done deal.)

Old 12-04-2018, 11:33 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Of all the great things that god could do -- cure cancer, save innocents from rape and slavery, solve hunger in parts of Africa...he spends his time finding lost keys?

To me, that kind of thinking is just bizarre.

I don't wanna be involved with that kind of god.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:40 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often.

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body in the shape of a cross. Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs.

I wonder why the diver didn't turn the lights on in the first place?

Old 12-04-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Of all the great things that god could do -- cure cancer, save innocents from rape and slavery, solve hunger in parts of Africa...he spends his time finding lost keys?
To me, that kind of thinking is just bizarre.
I don't wanna be involved with that kind of god.
It's my belief...that's the way the Universe is set up...believe something with no doubt..and watch what happens...any atheist can do it.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:46 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,414,660 times
I expected responses of a negative nature. Evidently, not everyone pays attention. When found, the keys were totally out in the open on the sofa that had been completely stripped down three times. I'll concede that it wasn't God that put them there. That being the case, how did they get there? It literally made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Some of the responses are kinda cute, tho.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I wonder why the diver didn't turn the lights on in the first place?
It's in the story....skylights...moon was bright...I'd rather swim under moonlight.

Anticipating the next question:
Maybe something...angel, intuition, the higher self, the subconscious mind, God, a dead aunt....put that thought
into his head, but he ignored it...

The ole, small voice, "Better take an umbrella"...
The mind says, "Naw"....
and it pours later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality