U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 02:12 PM

758 posts, read 557,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
None of this answers any of the questions I asked.

Does this code say the same thing in every language the bible is translated into?

Does it say the same thing in the original Hebrew and Greek?

Does it say the same thing in every English translation of the bible?

If not why? If this is some god given prophesy, it should read the same in every translation as well as the original languages

Care to try to actually answer the questions I asked?
Sure I can answer those questions (I thought I did)

Where is it etched in stone it should say the same thing in every language ?? FIRST POINT THAT (presumption) out to me clearly.

English does not contain 'gematria'.

So how would Hebrew gematria match english when English doesn't contain gematria?

No Hebrew doesn't say the same thing in gematria as in greek.

First of all - (It is obvious) gematria is not the same thing as prophesy!

Why would God's "name" be the same in every language.??

Answer that simple question!

Your reasoning & logic don't begin to make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM

19,288 posts, read 9,617,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Sure I can answer those questions (I thought I did)

Where is it etched in stone it should say the same thing in every language ?? FIRST POINT THAT (presumption) out to me clearly.

English does not contain 'gematria'.

So how would Hebrew gematria match english when English doesn't contain gematria?

No Hebrew doesn't say the same thing in gematria as in greek.

First of all - (It is obvious) gematria is not the same thing as prophesy!

Why would God's "name" be the same in every language.??

Answer that simple question!

Your reasoning & logic don't begin to make any sense.
The bible was written in Hebrew, correct?

Those words were translated into English words, correct?

Just because a Hebrew letter has a numerical value, doesn't mean it's not also a letter used to write words.

The word Tree in English is עץ in Hebrew, it is boom in Dutch, or Ծառ in Armenian, or Puno in Filipino.

The second letter in tree is R
The second letter in עץ is ע.
The second letter in boom is O
The second letter in Ծառ is ա
The second letter in puno is u

So, if you are counting letters to find a coded word it should work in any language. We are talking about the letter, not the numerical value of the letter. IF you take all of those letters after applying the code, you should have words. Those words should say the same thing, unless god has something different to say in each language.
I am not talking about gods name, but the supposed prophesy that is contained if you follow this biblical code.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:54 PM

Let's look at one verse of scripture: Just one will make & prove my point.

This is not prophesy - This is a simple acrostic

Pilate wrote the sign to place over the cross.

What was written on the sign on the cross?
Matthew 27:37; Mark 15:26; Luke 23:38; John 19:19

(Matthew 27:37) - "And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
(Mark 15:26) - "And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS."
(Luke 23:38) - "And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
(John 19:19-20) - "And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin."

ONE LANGUAGE: displayed the name of God in an acrostic.

The first letter of each word in the sentence = YHVH = The name of God in Hebrew.

There is no such acrostic in Latin or in Greek on that sign - Nothing that makes any sense.

So your assertion that (prophecy) should say the same thing in every language is false and based on what ??

The sign on the cross was not prophetic in any sense of a prophetic utterance. (some prediction).

It was simply a statement of FACT: The Pharisees were furious! Take that sign down!!

According to your logic & reasoning. It should have been the same acrostic in Greek & Latin to show God's name in those languages.

It sounds good but it has no basis in fact.

One other example: Psalm 119 - Often referred to as: The Alphabet Psalm

Twenty Two sections of 8 verses each = 176 verses

Each section, has each sentence begin with the (same) letter of the alphabet.

The first section - verses 1-8 all begin with the letter Aleph (A) in Hebrew.
The second section - verses 9 - 17 begin with the letter Beth (B) in Hebrew

And so on all through the entire psalm. Little children in Israel memorize this (longest)psalm!

We would be wise to copy their example.

In English - each sentence begins with a "different letter'.

It does not comply with the Hebrew alphabet. 22 letters vs 26 letters

THEREFORE; your assumption, assertion, presumption is flat out wrong! It has no basis in fact!

There is however one thing that is the same in every single language on this planet.

The value of any number!!

One is one (the number) in every language. It is written differently in every language but one is one and two is two and three is three. etc.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
The bible was written in Hebrew, correct?

Those words were translated into English words, correct?

Just because a Hebrew letter has a numerical value, doesn't mean it's not also a letter used to write words.

The word Tree in English is עץ in Hebrew, it is boom in Dutch, or Ծառ in Armenian, or Puno in Filipino.

The second letter in tree is R
The second letter in עץ is ע.
The second letter in boom is O
The second letter in Ծառ is ա
The second letter in puno is u

So, if you are counting letters to find a coded word it should work in any language. We are talking about the letter, not the numerical value of the letter. IF you take all of those letters after applying the code, you should have words. Those words should say the same thing, unless god has something different to say in each language.
I am not talking about gods name, but the supposed prophesy that is contained if you follow this biblical code.
Why should "predictions" be the same in every language ?? That just doesn't begin to make any sense!

Old 02-21-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Let's look at one verse of scripture: Just one will make & prove my point.

This is not prophesy - This is a simple acrostic

Pilate wrote the sign to place over the cross.

What was written on the sign on the cross?
Matthew 27:37; Mark 15:26; Luke 23:38; John 19:19

(Matthew 27:37) - "And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
(Mark 15:26) - "And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS."
(Luke 23:38) - "And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
(John 19:19-20) - "And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin."

ONE LANGUAGE: displayed the name of God in an acrostic.

The first letter of each word in the sentence = YHVH = The name of God in Hebrew.

There is no such acrostic in Latin or in Greek on that sign - Nothing that makes any sense.

So your assertion that (prophecy) should say the same thing in every language is false and based on what ??

The sign on the cross was not prophetic in any sense of a prophetic utterance. (some prediction).

It was simply a statement of FACT: The Pharisees were furious! Take that sign down!!

According to your logic & reasoning. It should have been the same acrostic in Greek & Latin to show God's name in those languages.

It sounds good but it has no basis in fact.

One other example: Psalm 119 - Often referred to as: The Alphabet Psalm

Twenty Two sections of 8 verses each = 176 verses

Each section, has each sentence begin with the (same) letter of the alphabet.

The first section - verses 1-8 all begin with the letter Aleph (A) in Hebrew.
The second section - verses 9 - 17 begin with the letter Beth (B) in Hebrew

And so on all through the entire psalm. Little children in Israel memorize this (longest)psalm!

We would be wise to copy their example.

In English - each sentence begins with a "different letter'.

It does not comply with the Hebrew alphabet. 22 letters vs 26 letters

THEREFORE; your assumption, assertion, presumption is flat out wrong! It has no basis in fact!

There is however one thing that is the same in every single language on this planet.

The value of any number!!

One is one (the number) in every language. It is written differently in every language but one is one and two is two and three is three. etc.
Did you even read the OP of this thread? It was about taking every 4th or whatever letter in the bible, and those letters make words. The claim is that those words tell the past present and future events.

MY question is do they do the same in every language or even in every translation of the bible.

If this code is real why would it only work on one specific English translation?

Old 02-21-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Why should "predictions" be the same in every language ?? That just doesn't begin to make any sense!
Because the future is the future. If an event is so important that it is laid out in prophesy, then one would think it is important enough to be there regardless of the translation.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Because the future is the future. If an event is so important that it is laid out in prophesy, then one would think it is important enough to be there regardless of the translation.
Therein: lies the main problem "Then one would think"

It is the Glory of God to conceal a matter ... Proverbs 25:2

Search the scriptures as for hidden treasures.. Proverbs 2:4

Show me something biblical - Not something you thought of !!

"Come let us reason together saith the Lord.. (Isaiah)

Last edited by Atkutuq; 02-21-2014 at 04:58 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Did you even read the OP of this thread? It was about taking every 4th or whatever letter in the bible, and those letters make words. The claim is that those words tell the past present and future events.

MY question is do they do the same in every language or even in every translation of the bible.

If this code is real why would it only work on one specific English translation?
I am not an expert on the bible code(s).

I have however read numerous books on the subject and other similar subjects.

Hebrew was the original language of the Torah - It stands to reason - that is the language to use.

BECAUSE when you use English - nothing shows up - that has the same accuracy.

The bible code is used (properly) to reveal (past) events.

Trying to predict the future is; an abomination to the Lord. It is frowned upon & condemned.

Yes I read the Op of this thread.

Quote:
It was about taking every 4th or whatever letter in the bible,
That is called: ELS

Equidistant letter spacing. Yes I am well aware of the startling amazing results they have found.

When the bible code was first discovered; Many decades ago - But in the 1994 era. They asked a simple question: "How are we going to test this theory" to find out if it is really from God's design or man's imagination??

They (testor's) decided to input the names of the 32 most famous Rabii's in Israel's History. Lo & behold

the results were mind boggling - NOt only did their exact names show up in the code - but also the exact dates they were each born and the exact dates of their deaths.

THAT RIGHT THERE - Is enough to convince me - The codes are biblical - The bible is called the "book of life"

Peoples names are "written" & blotted out of - The book of life!

There are "seals" on this book (Revelation) One of those seals was broken in 1995 there-abouts.

There are indeed much more to the bible - than the "original" written words & meanings, God designed a book that works much like a "rubiks" cube can work - Using words, codes, numbers, and mathmatics in very extremely clever ways. BUT NONE OF IT... is for predicting anything in the future.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Status: "Slightly epter than last Thursday." (set 4 days ago)

22,846 posts, read 11,816,900 times
Quote:
I am not an expert on the bible code(s).

I have however read numerous books on the subject and other similar subjects.

Hebrew was the original language of the Torah - It stands to reason - that is the language to use.

BECAUSE when you use English - nothing shows up - that has the same accuracy.

The bible code is used (properly) to reveal (past) events.

Trying to predict the future is; an abomination to the Lord. It is frowned upon & condemned.

Yes I read the Op of this thread.

That is called: ELS

Equidistant letter spacing. Yes I am well aware of the startling amazing results they have found.

When the bible code was first discovered; Many decades ago - But in the 1994 era. They asked a simple question: "How are we going to test this theory" to find out if it is really from God's design or man's imagination??

They (testor's) decided to input the names of the 32 most famous Rabii's in Israel's History. Lo & behold

the results were mind boggling - NOt only did their exact names show up in the code - but also the exact dates they were each born and the exact dates of their deaths.

THAT RIGHT THERE - Is enough to convince me - The codes are biblical - The bible is called the "book of life"

Peoples names are "written" & blotted out of - The book of life!

There are "seals" on this book (Revelation) One of those seals was broken in 1995 there-abouts.

There are indeed much more to the bible - than the "original" written words & meanings, God designed a book that works much like a "rubiks" cube can work - Using words, codes, numbers, and mathmatics in very extremely clever ways. BUT NONE OF IT... is for predicting anything in the future.
In other words, you don't have a clue.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In other words, you don't have a clue.
I stated quite eloquently the opposite of what you just claimed!

But I am sure you can educate me because "you are smart"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality