U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,429,730 times

Advertisements

Or not. It doesn't really make sense for the authors of a book about the "truth"
to suddenly hide stuff from us. Specially when such predictions would score mayor brownie points when confirmed.The simplest answer is that there are no secret messages in the bible and everything you find is due to the GIGO principle.

Over the last millenia and a half, people from all over the world have been looking for secret messages contained in the bible with no such luck. No doubt this practice will continue into the future
but tickle me silly if i don't find such actions asinine

On another note though, gsoboi have you done much cryptography in the past? care to share some techniques?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 03:09 PM

712 posts, read 1,778,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
It amazes me how people will argue that Einstein was a Christian or Jew when his writings show otherwise. He was a deist.

Who said he was a Christian???

Old 04-07-2008, 03:46 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,306,263 times
If anyone has any detailed information about something like a terrorist attack or a natural disaster from any source including a Bible code, esp, a message from God or whatever, why don't they ever notify the authorities in order to save lives? The answer is obvious. No one in the world has the ability to foresee future events, it's impossible. It's always the same scenario, after some major catastrophe occurs people start breaking out their books of Nostradumbass, calculate a bunch of new words into a Bible code, or try to find some obscure passage in the Bible itself to explain how that had been a prophesy that's now come true.
If you were to try to find out as much information as you could about Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck or any goofball topic using the Bible code technique I can guarantee that you'd get multiple hits because it would work on any subject just by the laws of chance and the fact that there are billions of combinations of words.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:12 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,429,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If anyone has any detailed information about something like a terrorist attack or a natural disaster from any source including a Bible code, esp, a message from God or whatever, why don't they ever notify the authorities in order to save lives? The answer is obvious. No one in the world has the ability to foresee future events, it's impossible. It's always the same scenario, after some major catastrophe occurs people start breaking out their books of Nostradumbass, calculate a bunch of new words into a Bible code, or try to find some obscure passage in the Bible itself to explain how that had been a prophesy that's now come true.
If you were to try to find out as much information as you could about Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck or any goofball topic using the Bible code technique I can guarantee that you'd get multiple hits because it would work on any subject just by the laws of chance and the fact that there are billions of combinations.
I'll have you know that getting the message we want and then finding a pattern that connects all the letters together is a perfectly valid way of doing things.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 PM

coosjoaquin,
Ha, you're good. If this thread could be judged by experts in debate I think we'd be on the winning side.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:48 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,624,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

You're completely misunderstanding how this works. The so called prediction was made AFTER the 911 attacks. I watched a documentary on how they do it. They look for specific words like "terrorist", "airplanes", or any word that could be associated with a certain event until they start finding a few hits. With literally billions of possibilities it's inevitable that they're going to find quite a few of them. They're not looking for innocuous words like "soup" or "puppy", they're looking for something that will startle people. Campbell, I know you're well intentioned and sincere but you're being scammed.
No, it is you who completely does not understand. I purchased the VCR Tape in (1999). My son was in middle school back then. The title of the tape is, "Bible Code: The future & Beyond". It was a Grizzly Adams Production. At the very end of the tape the person stated there is 14 lines in a close matrix found in the Book of Laviticus that states that sometime shrotly after the year 2000 there is going to be a terrorist attack in New York City. This prophecy was made, and the tape was made, in the year (1999). I'm not being scammed, but I believe you are in denial. This VCR tape can still be found on Ebay. (They did not have to wait for the event to happen first.) The Bible code said a terrorist attack would happen in New Your City sometime shortly after the year 2000. And as I said, I purchased the tape in the year (1999).

Old 04-07-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Or not. It doesn't really make sense for the authors of a book about the "truth"
to suddenly hide stuff from us. Specially when such predictions would score mayor brownie points when confirmed.The simplest answer is that there are no secret messages in the bible and everything you find is due to the GIGO principle.

Over the last millenia and a half, people from all over the world have been looking for secret messages contained in the bible with no such luck. No doubt this practice will continue into the future
but tickle me silly if i don't find such actions asinine

On another note though, gsoboi have you done much cryptography in the past? care to share some techniques?
Israels government knew the very day the first scud missils would enter their air space during the Gulf War, because of the Bible Codes. Israels former priminister was warned that the Bible code stated that he would be killed in office. He was. GOD TOLD US TO STUDY HIS WORD FOR THE HIDDEN TREASURES. And God knows the only ones who would seek and search for those hidden treasure, are those who really love Him. God does not need your
brownie points, yet you will discover that you need God. Your statement that messages contained in the Bible have not been found is simply not true. And the history of the Codes is against your stated belief.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha man im trying to think of a response to gIve to these but It just cracks me up. Please actuaLly tell us where it is recorded that Einstein did this because my bovine excrement alarm is flashing and screeching at 130 decibels atm.

Its rather weird that Einstein would become a very pronounced deist till his death if his theories on reLativity actually came about from reading the bibLe rather than years of doing mathematics and physics.
That information came from the tape, "Bible Code the future & Beyyond" I purchased this VCR Tape back in 1999, and at the end of the tape they stated that according to the Bible code sometime shortly after the year 2000 New York City would be attacked by terrorist. You can still get this tape on Ebay. Einstein studied the ELS codes and the tape stated that is how he got the insite into the E=Mc2. He told the Jewish religious leaders he was friends with that the information was in the Scriptures, and they themselves could find it there if they were intrested enought to do so. Einstein I do not believe was a man of faith himself, yet I do believe he understood the codes.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
As an amateur cryptographer this is odd. Are you really telling me that the only way to encrypt hidden messages is simply by having equal spacing on them? lol, try this formula: y=ax+b (mod n) where a and b are co-prime and n is the number of letters in a sentence.

Sure im more of a "make the entire message incomprehensible" kind of guy but hey, the reason i love doing this is that its a challenge figuring out what the person on the other side did.

You can keep shooting red herrings at me but when you look for hidden crap in a big book so as to attribute it to some event thats happened in the past, im afraid all you are going to get is agreeable crap back

Liar liar pants on fire, I do remember a few lies in a little thread way back which you've since left out.

Born in 1879, Einstein found it impossible to believe in the bible so he rejected it in favour of deism when he was just 12. He published his first paper on relativity in 1905. Whatever other crap you state from here on wont change that fact. But please do provide more evidence that the commandment "thou shall not bear false witness" is not followed by many believers in the jeudo-xian god
What I'm saying is ELS is the way the Bible often aranges it's code. However some believe the Bible Code my be more than three dimensional and beyond. Everything I state is based on information that I trust. Einstein may of not of believed in the Bible, yet according to the VCR tape I watched, they stated that he did get the idea for E=Mc2, from the study of the Bibles ELS codes. Now that may seem hard to believe, yet at the end of that tape they stated that shortly after the year 2000 according to the Bible Code, New York City will be attacked by terrorist. I purchased that tape in the year 1999. And I guess your best defense when not agreeing with someone, or not being able to find the facts to counter his arguement, is to simply suggest he is a liar. Which I am not. All the information I gave here will be found in the VCR tape titled, "Bible Code The Future & Beyond" You can still find this tape on Ebay.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:54 AM

Campbell34,
I was telling you about that documentary I watched on the Bible code. They interviewed the people who believe that it's real and who are making these predictions and the guy stated that he looked he looked for specific words after the 911 attacks such as airplane, terrorist, etc. and that is what I was basing my remarks on. Since New York City is the number one target along with Washington DC for a terrorist attack it doesn't surprise me that someone would search for words that would make that statement. Remember New York had been attacked in an earlier terrorist incident prior to 911. My whole point is that you're going to find whatever you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality