U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,627,707 times

Advertisements

This has been a rather interesting discussion so far. Are these same codes being found in all of the versions of the bible? The exact same "prediction" from the exact same passage/s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 12:50 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,399,669 times
SouperStar34 wrote:
Quote:
You cannot change the future.
So what does that mean in regards to my question? Since you appear to take the Bible code seriously and a number of people have said that the people making these predictions had detailed information why shouldn't they be held accountable and arrested if lives could have been saved? If you saw someone placing a suspicious package at an airport wouldn't you contact security to check it out in case it was a bomb that might hurt or kill someone? Surely you wouldn't just walk off and say to yourself "I cannot change the future". Clearly our behavior does change the future. Our choices set in motion a chain of events and we make decisions everyday. Could you elaborate on what you mean? Thanks.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:25 PM

712 posts, read 1,785,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
SouperStar34 wrote:

So what does that mean in regards to my question? Since you appear to take the Bible code seriously and a number of people have said that the people making these predictions had detailed information why shouldn't they be held accountable and arrested if lives could have been saved? If you saw someone placing a suspicious package at an airport wouldn't you contact security to check it out in case it was a bomb that might hurt or kill someone? Surely you wouldn't just walk off and say to yourself "I cannot change the future". Clearly our behavior does change the future. Our choices set in motion a chain of events and we make decisions everyday. Could you elaborate on what you mean? Thanks.
Okay, let me rephrase. A person cannot change the future that is written in the Bible. I thought that idea was clear.

Like I showed you in the example of Judas, Jesus told Judas he would be betray Him, yet Judas STILL did it. God knew what he would do.

In another example, Noah warned the people that a major flood was coming. People did not believe and God forknew that they Noah would be the only survivor due to the harden hearts and the disbelief of the people of that time.

THEREFORE, as I said before, the predictions of the Bible cannot and will not be changed!

Old 04-08-2008, 03:31 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,399,669 times
SouperStar34 wrote:
Quote:
THEREFORE, as I said before, the predictions of the Bible cannot and will not be changed!
First of all, this isn't a prediction written in a particular passage of the Bible, it from a kooky Bible code prediction. And you didn't answer my question as to whether or not the Bible code guys should be arrested for not alerting the authorities.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:28 PM

712 posts, read 1,785,376 times
Quote:
SouperStar34 wrote:

First of all, this isn't a prediction written in a particular passage of the Bible, it from a kooky Bible code prediction. And you didn't answer my question as to whether or not the Bible code guys should be arrested for not alerting the authorities.
No they should not be arrested, because they cannot change the future.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:26 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,674,682 times
Quote:
Campbell34,
I was telling you about that documentary I watched on the Bible code. They interviewed the people who believe that it's real and who are making these predictions and the guy stated that he looked he looked for specific words after the 911 attacks such as airplane, terrorist, etc. and that is what I was basing my remarks on. Since New York City is the number one target along with Washington DC for a terrorist attack it doesn't surprise me that someone would search for words that would make that statement. Remember New York had been attacked in an earlier terrorist incident prior to 911. My whole point is that you're going to find whatever you're looking for.
My point is, that before 911 the Bible Code knew that New York would be attacked again, and shortly after the year 2000. That coded prophecy was correct.
Your point was, the attack had already happened, and then they came out with the documentary. The documentary I saw, was before 911.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,674,682 times
Quote:
SouperStar34 wrote:

It is a prediction that is found in the Book of Laviticus. It is a close matrix that indicates that New York would be attacked sometime after the year 2000. And that prediction was aired on PAX T.V. in the year 1999. Just like you, others heard the prediction but could not believe it. So how would you expect anyone else to respond? And there was not enought information to know where the attack would actually occure or how to stop it.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,450,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
That information came from the tape, "Bible Code the future & Beyyond" I purchased this VCR Tape back in 1999, and at the end of the tape they stated that according to the Bible code sometime shortly after the year 2000 New York City would be attacked by terrorist. You can still get this tape on Ebay. Einstein studied the ELS codes and the tape stated that is how he got the insite into the E=Mc2. He told the Jewish religious leaders he was friends with that the information was in the Scriptures, and they themselves could find it there if they were intrested enought to do so. Einstein I do not believe was a man of faith himself, yet I do believe he understood the codes.
HAHAHA no he didn´t, this is just BS to the max but don´t let any of my past points prevent you believing in this crap. As i said, Einstein put down the bible in favour of maths books because he found the bible to be full of crap and it was not until decades later that he stumbled on the E=Mc^2 formula when working on his theories that revolved around light being constant. Repeat your statements all you like but it doesn´t make them any less false

Old 04-09-2008, 06:09 AM

3,491 posts, read 7,736,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
This has been a rather interesting discussion so far. Are these same codes being found in all of the versions of the bible? The exact same "prediction" from the exact same passage/s?
It seems to be ONLY in the origional hebrew text which is the text that God delivered to Moses on top of the mountain.

There are people that dont believe in God. The code is there so if a person doesnt believe in God, that only means one thing and thats time travel. Even a Physic cant predict with such great detail so If a person doesnt believe in God and they realize the code is there then they would have to believe that someone was capable of time travel.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:13 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,450,242 times
heres something interesting i found while looking for bible code stuff

The Bible Code
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality