Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:32 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

Because terrorists had already attacked the World Trade Center with a bomb in 1993 and stated that they were determined to attack again I would think that those in the business of making predictions would see an attack on New York City as very likely and go to work trying to find words that would support such a prediction. Coosjoaquin and I have tried to explain what is really going on here but it's just not sinking in. It isn't a prediction at all, the people who are coming up with this stuff start off with the idea of a terrorist attack in New York as their goal and then start running hundreds if not thousands of words through this so called code until they find groups of associated words that are in close proximity to each other in the text. How can you call it a prediction when they set out to look for a New York attack right from the start? If you decided to use the Bible code to predict that Campbell34 would be the President of the US in the upcoming election you would find just what you were looking for. That's how this thing works, it's not a code at all, it's just looking for words in the billions of combinations of letters until you find what you're looking for. I'm quite sure that the code breakers in the CIA and elsewhere would agree with me.
For what its worth there is also the Garbage In Garbage Out principle that haunts mathematicians but is ignored by the tin foil hat wearing crowd.

Oh well. They don´t wanna make an attempt to understand, im not gonna bother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Campbell34 wrote:

Because terrorists had already attacked the World Trade Center with a bomb in 1993 and stated that they were determined to attack again I would think that those in the business of making predictions would see an attack on New York City as very likely and go to work trying to find words that would support such a prediction. Coosjoaquin and I have tried to explain what is really going on here but it's just not sinking in. It isn't a prediction at all, the people who are coming up with this stuff start off with the idea of a terrorist attack in New York as their goal and then start running hundreds if not thousands of words through this so called code until they find groups of associated words that are in close proximity to each other in the text. How can you call it a prediction when they set out to look for a New York attack right from the start? If you decided to use the Bible code to predict that Campbell34 would be the President of the US in the upcoming election you would find just what you were looking for. That's how this thing works, it's not a code at all, it's just looking for words in the billions of combinations of letters until you find what you're looking for. I'm quite sure that the code breakers in the CIA and elsewhere would agree with me.
Well to my knowledge terrorist did not fail to first kill the Prime Minister of Israel Yitzhak Rabine, and then they had to try a second time. Yet, that did not stop Michael Drosnin from flying to Israel on September 1, 1994 to speak to one of Rabins friends to warn him that they found in the Bible Code wording across Rabins name stating, (assassin that will assassinate.) On November 4, 1995, Rabin was assassinated. You can make predictions if the text reveals such wording. And here again, Drosnin tried to warn Rabin before the act happened. If it was just unrelated words, Drosnin would not of made such a special trip to Israel to try and warn Rabin. Drosnin knew the codes were right. And there are so many other close matrix found in these codes with names and dates it would be hard to believe this was all happening by chance. Also, other books that they have tried this with do yeild a few words by luck, yet, nothing like the concentrations we find in the bible, and nothing that can be pointed to as a fulfilled prophecy. And often the subject matter found in the Bible code is related to the text it is found in. Your approach to the Bible Code is to simplistic, and lacks the details of past factual events that would be hard for an open mind to ignore.

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:33 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
Campbell34, I know you really believe the Bible codes are for real but we've explained to you very clearly why it isn't a code at all and and why the methods that are used to get these supposed predictions prove conclusively that these are not predictions. As I've said many times if it was a real code like the military uses then an entire text would be revealed with complete sentences. They wouldn't skip through a few thousand letters of gibberish before they happened upon the next word. Michael Drosnin is an author and sells books to make a living. He was looking for words that would relate to another assasination attempt and of course he found them because you ALWAYS find whatever you're looking for. I don't imagine this hurt his book sales. If you really want to understand something about codes you should read about the Second World War and how the British codebreaking efforts finally figured out the German Enigma codes which allowed the Allies to listen in on German communications and played a vital role in the war. Now that was a real code, the Bible code is not.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:56 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,864 times
Quote:
Campbell34, I know you really believe the Bible codes are for real but we've explained to you very clearly why it isn't a code at all and and why the methods that are used to get these supposed predictions prove conclusively that these are not predictions. As I've said many times if it was a real code like the military uses then an entire text would be revealed with complete sentences. They wouldn't skip through a few thousand letters of gibberish before they happened upon the next word. Michael Drosnin is an author and sells books to make a living. He was looking for words that would relate to another assasination attempt and of course he found them because you ALWAYS find whatever you're looking for. I don't imagine this hurt his book sales. If you really want to understand something about codes you should read about the Second World War and how the British codebreaking efforts finally figured out the German Enigma codes which allowed the Allies to listen in on German communications and played a vital role in the war. Now that was a real code, the Bible code is not.
Hell yeah, Alan Turing ftw!!!

I love how these people could get into the minds of the enemy and find cracks in their codes. Damn, i really want to add a DIY code-cracking
bit but im not sure its on topic enough or that others will be interested enough

Old 04-12-2008, 10:38 PM

249 posts, read 532,015 times
Default First he binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house

Quote:
As I've said many times if it was a real code like the military uses then an entire text would be revealed with complete sentences
Like this.. ?

Encrypted miracle.. as an example..

------
“Then, getting up, He rebuked the winds and the sea, and a calm set in. So the men became amazed and said: "What sort of person is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him?" - Matthew 8:23

Then un-encrypted.. and an entire text is revealed with complete sentences.. which disclose a hidden agenda..

-----
"The national groups themselves will make a din just like the noise of many waters. And He will certainly rebuke it, and it must flee far away and be chased like the chaff of the mountains before a wind and like a thistle whirl before a storm wind. But the wicked are like the sea that is being tossed, when it is unable to calm down, the waters of which keep tossing up seaweed and mire. There is no peace," my God has said, "for the wicked ones."

“He is stilling the noise of the seas, The noise of their waves and the turmoil of the national groups. He causes the windstorm to stand at a calm, So that the waves of the sea keep quiet.”

Isaiah 17:12 + Psalms 65:7

Then the wind was also “rebuked”.. meaning.. the teachings of leaders.. and organized religion.. who were causing the “boat” to rock.. and go off course.. while men were getting in bed with men.. to make matters worse.

------
“They have multiplied altars in order to sin. I proceeded to write for them many things of my Law; Just like something strange they have been accounted. THE NATIONS ARE FEEDING ON WIND and chasing after the east wind all day long. Lying and despoiling are what they multiply. And a covenant among men they conclude. They became satisfied and their heart began to be exalted. That is why they forgot me." - Isaiah 57:2

Then there are the windy words of our rulers.. men like George.. Gorden and Tony..

----
“Among the nations I have made known trustworthy words. The rulers have become just like those moving back a boundary. Upon them I shall pour out my fury just like water. I shall go, I will return to my place until they bear their guilt; and they will certainly seek my face. When they are in sore straits, they will seek me. FOR IT IS WIND THAT THEY KEEP SOWING , and a storm wind is what they will reap, strangers themselves will swallow it down.”
---

Even today we still use the word wind.. to mean words that have no substance.. here today.. gone tomorrow.. like the grand speeches made by our politicians.. or church leaders.. etc.

-----
“How long will you keep uttering these things, When the sayings of your mouth are but a powerful wind?” - Job 8:2

As for Jesus walking on water.. that is also cryptic..

---
"Stretching out the heavens by himself and treading upon the high waves of the sea..." - Job 9:8

This means he was treading down those in positions of power.. under his feet..

Kings.. presidents.. prime-ministers and popes.. all bow their knee to Jesus and call him lord.. but what they don’t yet realize.. is that his words have actually undermined them.

The writers of the scriptures.. were hacking into our system..

The bible is a trojen.. taking a back door through mainstream religion..

And.. as they say in the Matrix..

We’re in!!!

----

“In fact, no one that has got into the house of a strong man is able to plunder his movable goods unless first he binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house.”

Mark 3:27 (ancient hacker)
-

Anyway.. here come the men in white coats to take me away.. :-)

-

Old 05-11-2008, 02:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,618 times
Coosjoaquin

Originally Posted by me

Xlmw qiwweki mw vexliv iewc xs higshi.
Mxw e wmqtpi geiwev wlmjx
jvsq xli pixxivw e xs i
almgl mw rsx xlex aipp xlsyklx syx
wmrgi M piezi wsqi gpyiw evsyrh
xlex ampp pix csy jmkyvi syx
mr xlvii wigsrhw vsyrhefsyx
Csy qec orsa lsa xs higshi fyx amxlsyx yrhivwxerhmrk xli tvmrgmtpiw, mx'w tvixxc ywipiww. M hs fipmizi xli KMKS tvmrgmtpi gsqiw mrxs tpec livi.

THIS MESSAGE IS RATHER EASY TO DECODE.
ITS A SIMPLE CAESAR SHIFT
FROM THE LETTERS A TO Z
WHICH IS NOT THAT WELL THOUGHT OUT
SINCE I LEAVE SOME CLUES AROUND
THAT WILL LET YOU FIGURE OUT
IN THREE SECONDS ROUNDABOUT
YOU MAY KNOW HOW TO DECODE BUT WITHOUT
UNDERSTANDING THE PRINCIPLES, IT'S PRETTY
USELESS. I DO BELIEVE THE GIGO PRINCIPLE
COMES INTO PLAY HERE.

You are obviously a somewhat educated individual. It is rather disturbing that you wouldn't even research such a topic as "The Bible Code" before coming to these conclusions. It obviously shows you haven't even taken a moment to look into this further.

You are the "GO" in "GIGO." Use your intelligence in a manner which doesn't falsely coerce others just because you can make it sound convincing with your false logistics.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:44 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
This business with the Bible codes is total nonsense. You can take any large book and do the exact same thing. Because you've got thousands and thousands of letters you can put this information into a computer and start playing around with different patterns of picking certain letters and it's inevitable that some of them are going to spell words. The combinations of patterns and results are going to get into the billions so it would really be weird if you didn't get words. A guy, I think it was in Australia, did the very same thing with a large book and got all sorts of words. If you put the text of War and Peace into your computer and played around with different patterns you could find just about anything you wanted.
MontanaGuy, you really should do a little more homework. The War and Peace Book did not even come close to what the Bible has revealed. That example is really a joke. And I see you guys still here pushing it.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
MontanaGuy, you really should do a little more homework. The War and Peace Book did not even come close to what the Bible has revealed. That example is really a joke. And I see you guys still here pushing it.

MontanaGuy is right. You can pick any book and by adjusting the program find anything you want. You are grabbing at straws Campbell. Time to face the facts, there are no codes, and the only tool you need to find truth is a good opened mind and the intestinal fortitude to explore outside of your box.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:16 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,200 times
All these theories remind me of 2nd Thessalonians 2:1-12, espacially verses 10 and 11.

" a strong delusion to believe a lie "

Old 05-11-2008, 07:47 AM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true."

Freidrich Neitzsche
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality