Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,928,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLaddy View Post
Coosjoaquin

Originally Posted by me

Xlmw qiwweki mw vexliv iewc xs higshi.
Mxw e wmqtpi geiwev wlmjx
jvsq xli pixxivw e xs i
almgl mw rsx xlex aipp xlsyklx syx
wmrgi M piezi wsqi gpyiw evsyrh
xlex ampp pix csy jmkyvi syx
mr xlvii wigsrhw vsyrhefsyx
Csy qec orsa lsa xs higshi fyx amxlsyx yrhivwxerhmrk xli tvmrgmtpiw, mx'w tvixxc ywipiww. M hs fipmizi xli KMKS tvmrgmtpi gsqiw mrxs tpec livi.

THIS MESSAGE IS RATHER EASY TO DECODE.
ITS A SIMPLE CAESAR SHIFT
FROM THE LETTERS A TO Z
WHICH IS NOT THAT WELL THOUGHT OUT
SINCE I LEAVE SOME CLUES AROUND
THAT WILL LET YOU FIGURE OUT
IN THREE SECONDS ROUNDABOUT
YOU MAY KNOW HOW TO DECODE BUT WITHOUT
UNDERSTANDING THE PRINCIPLES, IT'S PRETTY
USELESS. I DO BELIEVE THE GIGO PRINCIPLE
COMES INTO PLAY HERE.
Congrats!! You deserve some rep for that.

Quote:
You are obviously a somewhat educated individual.
erm thanks

Quote:
It is rather disturbing that you wouldn't even research such a topic as "The Bible Code" before coming to these conclusions. It obviously shows you haven't even taken a moment to look into this further.
I've given my reasons as to why and I'd appreciate it if you took the time to refute my points instead of throwing out insults.

1. We can get pretty much any message from any piece of text large enough. The basic premise that the messages randomly found in the bible have any validity comes from the assumption that the person who wrote it left message in it AND would have coded it in such a way that they all had equal spaces between each letter. Why this is has not been answered.

2.Before doing anything in this type of code cracking we need to get into the persons mind. For example the clues given in my code above:
-You have a reason to believe there was a coded message in my lines of gibberish
-I speak english
-"E" is the most common word in english
-"I" is always in capitals when alone

The first snag is the why. Why would the guy hide these messages in a book whose sole purpose is(pressumably) to give out the pure unadulterated truth. Jesus often spoke in parables so that we could easily understand the points he was making. Why then would the bible contain encrypted messages? Its out of character, makes no sense and gives me serious doubts as to the morality of the writers who knew truths that could save millions but made it impossible to even be sure until long after the event was over.

3. Earlier on there was a claim that Einstein got his 2 theories of relativity from codes in the bible, waited a full 20 years to publish one and then pretended to work another 10 years for the second one. This of course is total and utter BS which irritates me because I don't like being lied to. It shatters all form of trust in the poster and in websites in question. Complaining that I've assumed that the 10 or so pages following it are also falsities and thus a waste of my time is moot

Quote:
You are the "GO" in "GIGO." Use your intelligence in a manner which doesn't falsely coerce others just because you can make it sound convincing with your false logistics.
False logistics? Why don't you just address all of my points and show where ive given "false logistics" before you start the name calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 11:17 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,944,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
MontanaGuy is right. You can pick any book and by adjusting the program find anything you want. You are grabbing at straws Campbell. Time to face the facts, there are no codes, and the only tool you need to find truth is a good opened mind and the intestinal fortitude to explore outside of your box.
The research has already been done, and you can't just grab any book with hopes of getting accurate answers. What is special about the Bible, is often the codes that are found relate to the same chapters and verses that follow the subject matter. I have an open mind, and I also have a VHS tape on the codes that was receieved by me in 1999. The tape said that shortly after the year 2000 there was going to be a terroist attack on New York City. Here again the Bible code was right. That was the truth. If I had closed mind, I would be supporting your position today. There are way to many concidences going on in the Bible codes, and these concidences are not being repeated in such numbers in any other book. However, I have an open mind, perhaps you could show me the error of my way. Could you show me where any other book has predicted the future equal to what they have
found in the Bible codes?

Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,333,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The research has already been done, and you can't just grab any book with hopes of getting accurate answers. What is special about the Bible, is often the codes that are found relate to the same chapters and verses that follow the subject matter. I have an open mind, and I also have a VHS tape on the codes that was receieved by me in 1999. The tape said that shortly after the year 2000 there was going to be a terroist attack on New York City. Here again the Bible code was right. That was the truth. If I had closed mind, I would be supporting your position today. There are way to many concidences going on in the Bible codes, and these concidences are not being repeated in such numbers in any other book. However, I have an open mind, perhaps you could show me the error of my way. Could you show me where any other book has predicted the future equal to what they have
found in the Bible codes?
Give me the link to good research and I will read it. The documents I have seen and one show on the History Network listed any book as having the same ability to send any message. I still think you are grabbing at straws. The future you look for is in our hands not in a mix of letters from books, crystal balls, lines in the palms of your hand, or any other silly method. If you want a better future than look to the past and reject the groups that caused the damage and deaths in the past. It is not hard to find them, you just need to get out of your box and look.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:18 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,944,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Give me the link to good research and I will read it. The documents I have seen and one show on the History Network listed any book as having the same ability to send any message. I still think you are grabbing at straws. The future you look for is in our hands not in a mix of letters from books, crystal balls, lines in the palms of your hand, or any other silly method. If you want a better future than look to the past and reject the groups that caused the damage and deaths in the past. It is not hard to find them, you just need to get out of your box and look.
If you want a real good link that speaks of a future event, you might read Ezekiel chapters 37, 38, and 39. It tells the whole story of future Israel and what is going to happen over there. Most likely in the next 30 years. These chapters are all end time prophecy.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:21 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,333,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If you want a real good link that speaks of a future event, you might read Ezekiel chapters 37, 38, and 39. It tells the whole story of future Israel and what is going to happen over there. Most likely in the next 30 years. These chapters are all end time prophecy.
I have read the bible, it is a good book of mythology, gives vague clues to history, but is nothing to do research on future events with. I fear in an effort to support your belief you are grabbing at any thing that might give support.

I also do not belief in psychics or use crystal balls to plan my life. I see the search for hidden codes as absurd. You need to wake up, if you have to have a religion to support your life, don’t cheapen it with some this ridiculous.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:44 AM

896 posts, read 1,860,620 times
Aww I have to subscribe to this thread -- I haven't laughed so much since my mother-in-law fell down the stairs.

Okay... for you Bible code people. Please look up Irish National Lottery 5th month 2008. There will follow a series of numbers y'see.

Just send me the numbers and I promise to share the loot with you. Just think of all the Bibles you could buy with that... and in all versions and translations so that you could have a great time looking for brand new codes.

S'okay though... I won't hold my breath. I'l just enjoy reading the posts here.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:33 PM

738 posts, read 1,878,584 times
I don't think that we can completely rule out the possibility that God could have "hidden" information in His Word.
However, since we know that God wants us to understand His Word, why would God hide valuable information which would be impossible for people to discover for thousands of years?

(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Old 05-13-2008, 05:35 PM

I don't like the direction that this thread has taken. Instead on focusing on the core aspects of cryptography. The how its done, why its done, when it could have been used, where it is appropriate to use and what method could have been used are skimmed in exchange for wild claims, uneducated reasoning and downright lies.

For anyone interested:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Wklv rqh lv fdoohg dq diilqh flskhu. Wklv rqh lv voljkwob pruh frpsolfdwhg wkdq wkh fdhvdu vkliw ehfdxvh zkloh wkh rwkhu rqh pryhg wkh ohwwhuv eb htxdo glvwdqfhv, wklv rqh pryhv lw lq d zdb wkdw vdwlvilhv: da+e prg q zkhuh q duh wkh qxpehu ri ohwwhuv lq wkh doskdehw dqg d/q duh frsulphv. Wkhuh duh wklqjv wkdw L fdq gr wr pdnh lw kdughu wr ghfrgh vxfk dv zulwlqj hyhubwklqj lq fdsv, qrw ohdylqj dqb vsdfhv, grlqj zkdw'v fdoohg d wudqvsrvlwlrq dqg hyhq pdnlqj vrph ohwwhuv vxfk d a frgh iru erwk d dqg h. Krzhyhu, lwv qrw xqwlo brx gr kljkhu wklqjv olnh yljhqhuh flskhu wkdw brx fdq ehdw prvw frqyhqwlrqdo phwkrgv ri ghfrglqj. Dv brx pdb kdyh qrwlfhg, L'p hqfubswlqj d phvvdjh wkdw frphv rxw pruh ru ohvv olnh dq doskdehw vrxs dv rssrvhg wr klglqj wkh phvvdjh lqvlgh dqrwkhu phvvdjh. Wkhb doo kdyh wkhlu surv dqg frqv lq fubswrorjb. Wkh edvlfv duh wkdw zh kdyh d wkuhh zdb vbvwhp: Wkh vhqghu, wkh uhfhlyhu dqg wkh lqwhufhswru. Wkh sur iru klglqj d phvvdjh zlwklq dqrwkhu xquhodwhg rqh lv wkdw brx fdq irro wkh lqwhufhswru. Vdb iru hadpsoh brx duh wdnhq krvwdjh exw doorzhg wr vhqg pdlo wr brxu idplob. Wkh fdswruv zloo reylrxvob fkhfn wr vhh wkdw brx duhq'w vhqglqj wkhp dqb fr-ruglqdwhv ru lqirupdwlrq ri wkh vruw. Vhqglqj rxw d phvvdjh wkdw orrnv olnh d ohwwhu wr brxu prwkhu zloo suredeob jr xqqrwlfhg zkloh d phvvdjh wkdw'v reylrxvob frghg zloo prvw olnhob ohdg wr wkh exww-hqg ri dq DN-47 klwwlqj brxu fklq dw kljk vshhgv. Wkh frqv ri grlqj lw wklv zdb lv wkdw xqohvv wkh uhfhlyhu kdv d nhb, lw zloo eh hawuhphob wlph frqvxplqj dqg lwv mxvw d jdpeoh wkdw uholhv rq wkh uhfhlyhu qrwlflqj d phvvdjh klgghq zhoo hqrxjk wr ebsdvv wkh lqwhufhswru. Xqohvv wkh uhfhlyhu kdv d nhb, wklv phwkrg lv mxvw ulglfxorxvob xquholdeoh dqg lv rqob xvhg rq wkh prvw ghvshudwh hphujhqflhv. Wkh phwkrg ri frglqj d suh zulwwhq phvvdjh zdv d idyrxulwh edfn lq ZZ2 dqg lwv xvhg gdlob lq wkh lqirupdwlrq hud. Zkhqhyhu brx vhqg lqirupdwlrq rqolqh, lw lv hqfubswhg iru vhfxulwb. Vdb brx exb vrph forwkhv lq d vkrs dqg sdb zlwk brxu fuhglw fdug. Wkdw lqirupdwlrq lv hqfubswhg, vhqw wr wkh edqn, ghfrghg dqg wkhq wkh edqn vhqgv hqfubswhg lqirupdwlrq doorzlqj wkh wudqvdfwlrq wr rffxu. Wklv lqirupdwlrq kdv wr eh hawuhphob vhfxuh wr dyrlg kdfnhuv ru wkh vruw iurp uxlqlqj brxu olih exw wklv lvq'w d sureohp ehfdxvh wklv vbvwhp doorzv iru xqeholhydeob kdug wr ghfrgh vfulswv. Vr kdug lq idfw wkdw zh fdq fdofxodwh dqg dgmxvw wkh wlph lw zrxog wdnh iru d euxwh irufh phwkrg(lh wub rxw hyhub frpelqdwlrq) wr ilqdoob ghfrgh lw. D jrrg hadpsoh iru wklv lv wkh lqirupdwlrq lv zlwk wkh I-16. Lw zdv lqwurgxfhg lq 1978 dqg lv vfkhgxohg wr eh wdnhq rxw ri dfwlrq lq 2025. Wkhuhiruh brx fdq hashfw d kdfnhu wr wdnh d ixoo 47 bhduv ehiruh ghfubswlqj dqg dftxlulqj wklqjv olnh wkh eoxhsulqwv iru lw.
Erm I think ill just post the original:

Quote:
This one is called an affine cipher. This one is slightly more complicated than the caesar shift because while the other one moved the letters by equal distances, this one moves it in a way that satisfies: ax+b mod n where n are the number of letters in the alphabet and a/n are coprimes. There are things that I can do to make it harder to decode such as writing everything in caps, not leaving any spaces, doing what's called a transposition and even making some letters such a x code for both a and e. However, its not until you do higher things like vigenere cipher that you can beat most conventional methods of decoding.

As you may have noticed, I'm encrypting a message that comes out more or less like an alphabet soup as opposed to hiding the message inside another message. They all have their pros and cons in cryptology. The basics are that we have a three way system: The sender, the receiver and the interceptor. The pro for hiding a message within another unrelated one is that you can fool the interceptor. Say for example you are taken hostage but allowed to send mail to your family. The captors will obviously check to see that you aren't sending them any co-ordinates or information of the sort.

Sending out a message that looks like a letter to your mother will probably go unnoticed while a message that's obviously coded will most likely lead to the butt-end of an AK-47 hitting your chin at high speeds. The cons of doing it this way is that unless the receiver has a key, it will be extremely time consuming and its just a gamble that relies on the receiver noticing a message hidden well enough to bypass the interceptor. Unless the receiver has a key, this method is just ridiculously unreliable and is only used on the most desperate emergencies.

The method of coding a pre written message was a favourite back in WW2 and its used daily in the information era. Whenever you send information online, it is encrypted for security. Say you buy some clothes in a shop and pay with your credit card. That information is encrypted, sent to the bank, decoded and then the bank sends encrypted information allowing the transaction to occur. This information has to be extremely secure to avoid hackers or the sort from ruining your life but this isn't a problem because this system allows for unbelievably hard to decode scripts. So hard in fact that we can calculate and adjust the time it would take for a brute force method(ie try out every combination) to finally decode it. A good example for this is the information is with the F-16. It was introduced in 1978 and is scheduled to be taken out of action in 2025. Therefore you can expect a hacker to take a full 47 years before decrypting and acquiring things like the blueprints for it.
Damn, I'm so obsessed with this that i could write page after page on code-breaking.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
I don't think that we can completely rule out the possibility that God could have "hidden" information in His Word.
However, since we know that God wants us to understand His Word, why would God hide valuable information which would be impossible for people to discover for thousands of years?

(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
I don't think its impossible but it just makes no sense that they would hide these messages. Let me assume for a minute that some of the authors in the books that make up the bible used codes to hide important messages. Who did they direct it to? For what reason? and if there are hidden messages in the bible then doesn't that take away the importance of the text it is hidden in. If the original intention of the bible is to warn us about 911 then as far as we know the stories in the OT or even Jesus message might just as well be a simple distraction to fool would be interceptors and anyone without the ability to find these messages.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:53 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,575,553 times
Campbell34, Ok, I know you really believe the Bible Code is real but let me ask you a question about it. A code by it's very nature is designed to hide information. I mentioned military codes on earlier posts and their purpose is obvious. Why would God intentionally hide important information and who is he actually hiding it from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality