Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:49 PM

249 posts, read 531,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Why would the guy hide these messages in a book whose sole purpose is(pressumably) to give out the pure unadulterated truth. Jesus often spoke in parables so that we could easily understand the points he was making. Why then would the bible contain encrypted messages? ..

The trouble with truth.. is that many don’t want to hear it.. especially if it conflicts with what they already believe - There are those who have their thinking set in concrete.. while some are more free.

I think.. the ideas we all believe in.. constitute our sense of identity.. and some feel the need to defend their sense of identity.. rigidly.

I guess.. everyone lives in their own reality bubble.. and so till they die.. nothing much ever changes.. as far as ideas are concerned.. just like the body's cells.. old ones die off as new ones are generated.

Words and genes have a lot in common.. both carry bits of information into the future... thereby reproducing both the spirit.. and the flesh.. hopefully.. with some favorable mutations.

To me it seems.. truth mainly arrives gradually.. with a whimper.. rather than suddenly.. with a fanfare.

-

"All truth passes through 3 stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

As for.. why would the bible contain encrypted messages.. I would think this is because.. first.. the messages need to be carried through time. The writers must have known.. that in their own time.. the message would have no affect. It was a new idea.. and new ideas are mostly ignored.. in favor of more traditional thinking. So.. the trick is to first make it a tradition.. using organized religion as a back door to accomplish this.. and as the truth filtered through.. organized religions.. would slowly fade away.. and finally disappear.

This seems to be their plan anyway.

Imagine.. no religion.

The bible is a trojan.. there can be no doubt about that.. designed to free us from the existing system. The Matrix is a good modern day mythology.. that goes into what the bible is about.. cutting through the illusions that we have been indoctrinated into.. to obey the state.. thereby losting our dignity... Animals behave like this.. being subservient to the leader of the pack.. but should we as humans.. ?

This is why it needs to be encrypted... it can be offensive to many.. because it undermines some people's identities.. and brings them crashing down to earth.. as the old system gets judged.. by means of the appropiate bible verses.. leaders.. judges.. popes.. all take some heavy punching.. as the old ideas they cling to.. get made obsolete.. as we realize we don't need them really.. and that we can be self-regulating.

-

"Have you not heard? From remote times it is what I will do. From bygone days I have even formed it. Now I will bring it in. Do not remember the first things, and to the former things do not turn your consideration.

Look! I am doing something new. Now it will spring up. You people will know it, will you not?" - Isaiah 43:18

-

Seen any thing new yet.. ?

Nope.. !

Just the same old corrupted system.. just the same back then.. as it is today.

Nothing has changed.. apart from nowadays.. we can vote for our dictators.

It is not easy to move mountains.. to go against long established traditions.

Maybe it will take a legal case to deal with it.. who knows.. ?

-

“Hear the word of God, for God has a legal case with the inhabitants of the land, for there is no truth nor loving kindness nor knowledge of God in the land.” – Hosea 4:1

-

However.. decode the scriptures.. (which is something anyone can do.. if they have the time.. and will to do it)... and it soon becomes obvious.. that they serve as a legally binding document.. that places the power back where it belongs.. with the individual.

Which must be something we all want.. I guess.

Unless one gets off by being a power junkie..

Which.. according to scripture.. is sinful.

-

"As a rule the individual is so unconscious that he altogether fails to see his own potentials for decision. Instead he is constantly and anxiously looking around for external rules and regulations which can guide him in his perplexity.

Aside from general human inadequacy, a good deal of the blame for this rests with education, which promulgates the old generalisations and says nothing about the secrets of private experience.

Thus, every effort is made to teach idealistic beliefs or conduct which people know in their hearts they can never live up to, and such ideals are preached by officials who know that they themselves have never lived up to these high standards and never will. What is more, nobody ever questions the value of this kind of teaching."

Carl Jung

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 07:53 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,333,985 times
Code predictions made in Moby Dick: by Herman Melville

1- Assassination of Indira Gandhi

2- Assassination of President Rene Moawad

3- Assassination of the Exiled Leon Trotsky

4- The assassination of Martin Luther King

5- The assassination of Engelbert Dollfuss

6- The Assassination of J. F. Kennedy

7- The assassination of Abraham Lincoln

8- The assassination of Yitzhak Ranin

I liked Moby Dick better than War and Peace, but both can give you the same results as the bible. What I liked here is the wide variety of people listed by Herman Melville in his book of prophecy. We have in order 1-a Hindu, 2-a Maronite Christian, 3-an atheist, 4-a Baptist, 5- a Catholic, 6-another catholic, 7-an atheists, 8- and one Jew.

Just look at how politically correct he was.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:52 PM

20 posts, read 31,420 times
I saw a video on Youtube, can't remember the name of it now, sure you could find it if you looked it up. Anyway, they put all the lyrics from one of Vanilla Ice's albums into the same formula, and came up with just as many words and clusters and phrases as Bible Code does. Honestly, you could find anything in there if you wanted to. If God had something that important to tell us, he would have just come out and said it.

And isn't it funny that we only find these "codes" about events after the event has actually happened?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,084 times
where do i go to ask questions about the futer useing the bible code. Pink man of New York

Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,084 times
Default Where do i go

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink man View Post
where do i go to ask questions about the futer useing the bible code. Pink man of New York

Old 01-27-2014, 03:58 PM

439 posts, read 423,625 times
Default You CAN find insights about the future if you just LOOK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I would be interested if there were specific future events names, none of that Nostradamus nonsense where anything could be read into everything.
The question is, are there passages like' John Smith april 2008 Houston', if not then think it is a hoax.
Did you know the United States of America is mentioned in the Bible? Let me show you what nations are mentioned, then I'll show you the 5 trumpets that have already sounded and how we are on the verge of the 6th trumpet! So it's very important you keep up. I will give you small tidbits but I will post links at the bottom where you will find the information as a WHOLE! Here we go... Pay close attention =)

[Mod cut]

Daniel 7:1-3 1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters. 2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Daniel had a dream, and in that dream he saw four great beasts coming up from the sea. They were all different, none were alike. Look at a map, or a globe, what do you see coming up from the sea? Land, right? What do we call these massive pieces of staggered land? You know the answer. They all have names and are known as a nation and/or country.

In these next few scriptures, Daniel describes each of the four beasts as he saw them in his dream. Get ready to have an “aaaaah haaaaa” moment! Keep in mind; these beasts symbolize a kingdom or a nation along with the ruler of that kingdom or nation.

4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was
lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

-The first beast Daniel saw was like a lion. Which nation uses the lion as their symbol? There’s no questioning this one, we all know Great Britain uses the lion as a symbol for their nation. But then the scripture goes on to say the lion had eagle’s wings and Daniel saw the wings being plucked from the lion. What does that mean?

-First, let us translate the eagle’s wings. What nation depicts an eagle as their nation’s symbol? This one, too, is very easy. The United States of America. Daniel saw the eagle’s wings being plucked from the lion. We all know our founding fathers came from Great Britain. Their primary reason for coming over to America was to escape religious persecution, and Daniel saw it all happen. Then he saw the Eagle’s wings as it stood up on feet like a man, and a man’s heart was given to him. Wow! I’m reflecting back to the moment when my eyes were opened to this incredible prophecy. These scriptures are no longer confusing to me. I see them more clearly now and I hope you do too. So, we have eagle’s wings and a man. We already know the eagle’s wings are referring to America. So, what other symbol does the they use? That’s right, Uncle Sam. (Ding! A light went on!) Moving along…

5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

-You probably know exactly where I’m going with this. Once you get the first two pieces to the puzzle, it all just starts falling into place. With that said, I won’t go into detail; the bear is used to symbolize Russia.

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

-At first glance, this particular scripture would be confusing because this beast has four heads. I’ve heard a couple different views from other people about what nation would represent the four-headed leopard. After much deliberation, I found nothing fits better than the way Irvin Baxter explains it. Keep up with me because I’m getting ready to lay it all out.

-The leopard is used to depict more than one nation. The one that fits best is Germany. Daniel said the beast had four heads and dominion was given to it. The other two beasts had only one head, this suggests the four heads on the leopard have meaning. Here’s where I’m about to lay it all out, keep up. Each head represents the rise and fall of that nation. Take a look at Germany’s history: Franco-German War 1870, World War I 1914-1918 and World War II 1939-1945. Each one of these wars was plotted and planned by the same nation, Germany. They fell three times and rose up again after World War II.

-Let’s take a look at the last part of the verse. On the back of the leopard were four wings of a fowl. A fowl is a chicken/rooster. These wings were not plucked from the leopard as the eagle’s wings were from the lion. A rooster represents France, so the wings of a fowl on the back of a leopard are speaking about the nation of France. In 1963, the Elysée Treaty crowned the period of Franco-German friendship following World War II. At the same time, the Treaty offered a frame for an emergent and lasting “special” bilateral relationship between France and Germany. Now you see why the wings of a fowl are connected to the leopard.

Before I go into the next passage of scripture, I will point out the many terms used when the Bible talks about the antichrist. The terms used are: the man of sin, that wicked one, the little horn, the beast and of course, the antichrist.

Now you know his many “names”, read these next two scriptures…

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

-Poor Daniel. Do you feel sorry for him yet? I sure do. He was greatly used of God, but he had to endure some pretty wild dreams. Could you imagine dreaming of events that would take place more than 2,000 years from now? Imagine how different things would be and what the earth and the people in the earth would look like.

-It’s very apparent this verse is referring to the antichrist. He will be the most dreadful and terrible person to walk this earth. Many will fear him, many will worship him. I will do neither. I will not bend and I will not bow.

-This verse talks about ten horns, and from these ten horns a little horn (the antichrist) will grow up among it, taking three horns up from the roots. At the bottom of this article I have posted links to Irvin Baxter’s 14 lessons: Understanding the Endtimes. I highly recommend you watch them; it will give you a much deeper understanding. He delivers this lesson so flawlessly. You probably have a lot of questions at this point, that’s because I gave you a brief description of everything he talks about. Watching the first lesson: United States Discovered in the Bible, should answers those questions you have or help you fill in the blanks.

-I have watched these lessons multiple times, if you have a question, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to respond quickly. If I don’t have the answer I will make it my mission to find it for you. I hope your eyes have been opened, this is just the tip of the iceberg and I plan to share more incredible insights with you. Like I said at the beginning, this is not my research; I give all credit to Irvin Baxter. Be sure to stop by his website and check out his broadcasts. Then head over and to subscribe to his YouTube channel to stay up-to-date with current events such as, politics, religion and world events.

The 7 Trumpets

1st trumpet - Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

-World War I (1914-1918)
-8.2 million dead
-In WWI they implemented the scorched earth policy. They didn't want anything left alive; they said to burn it all up.

2nd trumpet - Rev 8:8-9 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

-World War II (1939-1945)
-52 million dead
-A great mountain burning with fire - the nuclear explosions of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
-The third part of the ships being destroyed - 105,127 participated in WWII, 36,387 were sunk. Divide those two numbers, you get a third.

3rd trumpet - Rev 8:10-11 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

-Wormwood: the Russian word for Chernobyl
-April 26, 1986 - Pripyat, Ukraine – Chernobyl plant exploded
-After the explosion it rained for 4 days and Cesium 137 rained down into the water. Everything it touched became radioactive. Many people were drinking the contaminated water. 125,000 died with 2 million people infected.

4th trumpet - Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
-I can't explain this 4th trumpet to you as well as Rev. Irvin Baxter, but the fall of the Berlin Wall is the 4th trumpet. That's when the NWO began. Tony Blair is quoted saying "Globalization began with the fall of the -Berlin Wall." I will have a link at the bottom to Irvin Baxter's video about the 7 trumpets and it will give you way better details about this trumpet.
-Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Why does God speed up the time? How is it possible for time to speed up and days to be shortened? Einsteins theory of relativity plays into this one.

5th trumpet - Rev 9:1-2 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

-1990-1991 Saddam Hussein set 700 oil wells ablaze
-“I will never forget the day I picked up Newsweek magazine, and saw a picture of the skies of Kuwait after Saddam Hussein had set 700 oil wells on fire. Because of the smoke from the oil wells, it was as dark at noon as it was at midnight. The sun was not seen in Kuwait for over three months. The prophecy said that when this fifth angel sounded, smoke came up out of the pit, and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke. When else in the course of human history has such a thing occurred? My thought at that time was, Lord, could the Gulf War have been the sounding of the 5th Trumpet?” –Irvin Baxter

-Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

-Rev 9:7-9 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

-What is John seeing when he describes the locusts? Helicopters and/or other military air craft.
-Breastplates of iron and faces of men. The sound of their wings was like the sound of horses running to battle - he was hearing the sounds the military aircraft flying through the sky.

-Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
-The definition of the Greek word Apollyon is “a destroyer.” Abaddon, a Hebrew word, also means, “destroyer.” Many Bible versions translate this passage simply as “they had a king over them called the destroyer,” avoiding the words Apollyon and Abaddon altogether.

-"In 1991, I subscribed to the German Tribune. In an article on the Gulf Crisis I noticed that it spoke of Saddam “the destroyer” Hussein. “Why did they say ‘the destroyer?’” I wondered. My mind immediately went to Revelation 9:11. Not yet understanding the meaning of the trumpets, I wrote it off as coincidence. But I clipped the article anyway… just in case." -Irvin Baxter

-"My turning point came in December 1997. I received in the mail my Jerusalem Post Weekly International Edition (December 13). In this particular edition, there was a human-interest story that caught my eye. It was about one of the very last Jewish families that had just escaped from Baghdad. One of the women told the story about when Saddam Hussein was being carried by his mother during the pregnancy. She was having horrible problems. The Iraqi doctors actually recommended an abortion. Saddam’s mother did not want that, so she moved into the Jewish sector of Baghdad where the finest doctors lived. They nursed her through the pregnancy." -Irvin Baxter

-"When he was finally born, his mother decided to name him Saddam, since he had caused her so much pain. The article said that the name Saddam means “the destroyer.” I have since verified this with an Arabic-English dictionary, as well as a friend of mine who is an Egyptian national. I said, “God, how can that be?” But then I thought, “How can it not be?” Here we have the sun being hidden by the smoke, attack helicopters described as locusts coming out of the smoke, and a king over them by the name of the destroyer — and Saddam’s name literally means “the destroyer.” What are the odds that the Bible would call this king by his actual name? At what point can we no longer say, “This is a coincidence?” If we were reading an Iraqi Bible, it would say, “They had a king over them called Saddam." -Irvin Baxter

6th trumpet - Rev 9:14-16 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

-We are waiting on the 6th and 7th trumpets to blow. The Bible clearly states the 6th trumpet will come from Euphrates River. The river starts in Turkey, runs through Syria, down through Iraq and empties in the Persian Gulf where Iran and Iraq meet together. The Euphrates River is 100% Islamic River. So we know Islam will be involved. And the United States has over 50,000 troops in the Middle East. The army is going to consist of 200,000,000 men and it's going to kill 1/3 of mankind, approx 2.3 billion people. This is going to be
WWIII.
-April 29th, 2014 is when the peace agreement between Israeli's and Palestinians is set to be signed. In the scriputres, this is referred to as the confirmation of the covenant. Once this happens, it marks the beginning of the final seven years. They will rebuild the temple and resume animal sacrifices. 3 1/2 years after the signing of the peace agreement, the antichrist will be rise up and put a stop to the animal sacrifices and claim to be God. He will come out of Rome (this is all in the links below). The bible talks about there being a political leader and a spiritual leader. The political leader will be the antichrist. The religious leader will mooooore than likely be whoever is the pope at that time.
-The 6th trumpet (WW3) and the confirmation of the covenant take place very close to each other. It is undetermined which will happen first. Since April 29th is only a few months away, WW3 could happen any day now. Take a look at what state our world is in. Everyone is ready for war with each other. It's only a matter of time.

7th trumpet - Rev 11:15-18 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Jesus comes back and raptures the dead in Christ first, those who have already died will raise up, then all of us who are alive and remain will be caught up to meet him in the air. “Those who remain” does not pertain to the whole population. The Bible is VERY clear about the plan of salvation. Water baptism, being filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues and free from sin. Sin can NOT enter into Heaven. It is very important to study the plan of salvation. It's more important than understanding the end times. If we're not saved and living our life according to what the Bible says then our words are empty. How can we witness to the lost and wake them up if we, ourselves, aren't right with God?

WWIII
Here is a timeline that gives you a very good description of events according to the Bible with all the scriptures backing it up.
http://www.endtime.com/wp-content/bi...nteractive.pdf

Lesson 1 - United States Discovered in the Bible
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Aug 12, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 3, 2011

Lesson 2 - New World Order is World Government
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 9, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 10, 2012

Lesson 3 - Islam in Bible Prophecy
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 16, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 24, 2012

Lesson 4 - WWIII: Entrance Ramp for the Antichrist
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 21, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 28, 2013

Lesson 5 - Israel's God-Given Destiny
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Nov 4, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Nov 11, 2013

Lesson 6 - Israel God's Prophetic Timeclock
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Nov 18, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 25, 2011

Lesson 7 - The Holy Roman Empire Reborn
Part 1
http://www.itbn.org/index/detail/lib...GVXuhlqv4aYWXq
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Dec 9, 2013

Lesson 8 - The Antichrist and the False Prophet
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Feb 19, 2012
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Dec 23, 2013

Lesson 9 - 666 The Mark of the Beast
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Mar 4, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Mar 11, 2013

Lesson 10 - The Coming One-World Religion Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Aug 10, 2011

Lesson 11 - The Coming One-World Religion Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 2, 2012

Lesson 12 - The 7 Trumpets
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Apr 30, 2012
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 7, 2012

Lesson 13 - The Second Coming
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Jul 1, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 15, 2012

Lesson 14 - Kingdom of God
Part 1
***This one is not uploaded to iTBN for a reason. iTBN is a trinity broadcasting network and Irvin Baxter is not affiliated with the Trinity. Therefore, the views he expresses in this lesson would, in my opinion, go against what they teach.
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 13, 2013

Old 01-27-2014, 05:18 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,003,465 times
You're a busy little beaver JBrown, I'll give you that.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:56 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,974,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
-World War II (1939-1945)
-52 million dead
-A great mountain burning with fire - the nuclear explosions of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
-The third part of the ships being destroyed - 105,127 participated in WWII, 36,387 were sunk. Divide those two numbers, you get a third.
What is the source for the number of ships? I have not found anyplace that they have been recorded at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
-Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
-The definition of the Greek word Apollyon is “a destroyer.” Abaddon, a Hebrew word, also means, “destroyer.” Many Bible versions translate this passage simply as “they had a king over them called the destroyer,” avoiding the words Apollyon and Abaddon altogether.

-"In 1991, I subscribed to the German Tribune. In an article on the Gulf Crisis I noticed that it spoke of Saddam “the destroyer” Hussein. “Why did they say ‘the destroyer?’” I wondered. My mind immediately went to Revelation 9:11. Not yet understanding the meaning of the trumpets, I wrote it off as coincidence. But I clipped the article anyway… just in case." -Irvin Baxter

-"My turning point came in December 1997. I received in the mail my Jerusalem Post Weekly International Edition (December 13). In this particular edition, there was a human-interest story that caught my eye. It was about one of the very last Jewish families that had just escaped from Baghdad. One of the women told the story about when Saddam Hussein was being carried by his mother during the pregnancy. She was having horrible problems. The Iraqi doctors actually recommended an abortion. Saddam’s mother did not want that, so she moved into the Jewish sector of Baghdad where the finest doctors lived. They nursed her through the pregnancy." -Irvin Baxter

-"When he was finally born, his mother decided to name him Saddam, since he had caused her so much pain. The article said that the name Saddam means “the destroyer.” I have since verified this with an Arabic-English dictionary, as well as a friend of mine who is an Egyptian national. I said, “God, how can that be?” But then I thought, “How can it not be?” Here we have the sun being hidden by the smoke, attack helicopters described as locusts coming out of the smoke, and a king over them by the name of the destroyer — and Saddam’s name literally means “the destroyer.” What are the odds that the Bible would call this king by his actual name? At what point can we no longer say, “This is a coincidence?” If we were reading an Iraqi Bible, it would say, “They had a king over them called Saddam." -Irvin Baxter

Saddam translates to English as Collider or one who confronts, not destroyer. Perhaps close to destroyer, but not quite, that is stretching the definition a bit. Na'am N'cal B'el Arbeea (Yes, I speak Arabic)

But to remove doubt and provide another opinion HERE

I can not find the word Saddam in Rev 9:11 in an Arabic bible. (Which is what would be used in Iraq)

11 أَمَّا مَلِكُهُ فَهُوَ «مَلاَكُ الْهَاوِيَةِ»، وَاسْمُهُ بِالْعِبْرِيَّةِ «أَبَدُّونُ»، وَبِالْيُونَانِيَّةِ «أَبُولِّيُّونُ»

In English letters

11 aَmَa mَlِkuhu fَhuwَ «mَlaَku alْhَawِyَhِ», wَasْmuhu bِalْ'eِbْrِyَhِ «aَbَduwnu», wَbِalْyuwnَanِyَhِ «aَbuwlِyuwnu»

It is using the name aَbَduwnu (أَبَدُّونُ ) for Destroyer

You may want to look deeper into the integrity of Irvin Baxter who you have been quoting.

From a Christian Site:

Quote:
Points of CautionAwhile back when I had originally begun to surf his website, several red flags started popping up. First, I could not find a statement of faith. I looked for a good ten minutes and was about to give up my search, when I stumbled across a statement of faith in a very peculiar location. It was on the page where you enter your name and address to subscribe to his prophecy magazine. It is now located under "About Us."
The statement provoked continuing concern. It was vague and general in nature, consisting of only three sentences. When I run across such statements, they always prompt me to wonder if the person is hiding something. It has been expanded a little bit since.
That question may have been answered by the next red flag I encountered. It was on the ministry's links page, the page where links are supplied to other websites. Only eight links to "religious sites" were supplied, and three of those were links to sites affiliated with the United Pentecostal Church, a group that denies the foundational Christian doctrine of the Trinity.
The third red flag I encountered was also on the links page. I noticed that there was not a single link to another prophecy ministry. (We have over 25 links to other prophetic ministries on our web site and many links to Messianic ministries, many of which are prophetic in nature.) This glaring omission caused me to assume that Mr. Baxter must have some off-the-wall prophetic interpretation that no one else agrees with. That assumption was to prove true.
SOURCE

Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,297,191 times
There's nothing like a post hoc interpretation of scripture to create the illusion of fulfilled prophecy - I'll give you that much.

I think the biggest questiom that arises for me is - So what?

Prophecy is useless as a prophecy when one has to apply so much interpretation and study of symbology. At that point, one could come up with 50 different "meanings" for ten-horned beasts and four-headed leopards.

Creativity more so than fact plays the dominant role in this kind of guess work.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:08 PM

439 posts, read 423,625 times
To answer your question about the ships in WW2, here are some sources to look at:

"There were 105,127 warships participating in World War II, 36,387 of these ships were
destroyed by the end of the war. The big problem now is that these sunken ships are still
leaking hazardous fluid into the ocean. This causes pollution and massive fires." PAGE 3 on: http://archives.marinetech.org/rov_c...20Finished.pdf

How many ships participated in World War 2 and how many were sunk

U.S. ships lost: 1,731 U.S. Merchant Ships Sunk or Damaged in World War II
Japanese ships lost: 3,032 Japanese Naval and Merchant Shipping Losses During World War II by All Causes
British ships lost: 29,994 Merchant Navy Losses WWII
Italian ship lost: over 80 Italian Ship Losses 1939-41
German ships lost: over 240 ( World Ship Losses 1914-45 ) ( World Ship Losses 1914-45 ) ( World Ship Losses 1914-45 )

So far, that equals over 35,077. In my previous post, I listed 36,387 but I didn't look up any other countries that were involved. So you can probably take it from here and look those up to get your remaining 1,000 or so ships.

In regards to your question about Saddam Hussein, he was referred to as Haddam. And from my understanding, Haddam means destroyer?? Let me ask you this, where in our entire world history did this happen:
1. Opened the bottomless pit - oil wells
2. Arose a smoke out of the pit as the smoke of a great furnace - Set those oil wells ablaze
3. And the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit - because of the oil wells catching fire it caused the sky to darken

abaddon
\a*bad"don\ (&adot;*băd"dŭn), n. [heb. ābaddōn destruction, abyss, fr. ābad to be lost, to perish.]
1. the destroyer, or angel of the bottomless pit; -- the same as apollyon and asmodeus.
2. hell; the bottomless pit. [poetic] in all her gates, abaddon rues thy bold attempt.
Translation of Abaddon in English

Here are a couple quotes and links:

"Hussein is the name his parents gave the nascent dictator, and "Saddam" is an epithet he adopted before he grabbed power, and is derived from the Persian word meaning "crush." "Saddam Hussein" is best translated as Hussein-Who-Crushes-Obstacles or Hussein-the-Destroyer." What's the Name of Saddam Hussein?

"the crowd broke into chants denouncing haddam, or destructive, the nickname Sadr's followers use for Hussein." Tens of Thousands of Iraqis Demand U.S. Withdrawal (washingtonpost.com)

Any other questions? I really hope this helps. Please, take into consideration that there aren't any other world history events that would fit so perfectly into these Bible prophecies. I am always happy to answer any questions anybody would have. Irvin Baxter is VERY knowledgeable in world history, politics and religion. He's been studying them over 20 years. He didn't wake up one morning and throw this together. Some of the things he listed were brought to light back in the early 90's. He puts one piece together at a time. And what's even more amazing, is he retracted some of the things he used to preach after he discovered the real truth from his years of research. A lot can be said about a man who can stand before a congregation and say what he used to preach wasn't biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality