Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:32 PM

439 posts, read 426,397 times

Advertisements

Oh, one more thing... about the person who said they had "red flags" when going to Irvin Baxter's webpage...

First off, let me say, I know Irvin Baxter. I know he's a man of integrity. Also, I am Pentecost. I have worked in the ministry for many years now and know others think very highly of him too.

I think I can interpret this persons idea of a "red flag".

We, as Pentecosts, DO NOT believe in the trinity. No where in the Bible does it claim that there is more than one God. Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. The Bible does not contradict itself. If it's says there is one, then there is one and no other.

The fact that he doesn't have any links to other prophetic sites, I mean, c'mon. You're kidding me, right? Have you looked at some of these other sites? They all belief in something different. They have no proof/bible scriptures to back it up or world history to prove what they're saying. As far as I know, Irvin Baxter WAS the one and only person to figure out the correct Bible prophecies. Then, people started using his lessons and teachings and began to blog about it too. Many of them give him credit for the knowledge, others just use his lessons word for word like they came up with it one their own. SO, with all this said, why would he post links to other sites if:
1. Many of them are not backed up by the Bible
2. They're off in left field
3. They're just copiers of his work
*His website is the ONLY website that has it right. No reason for him to give links to other sites if they're wrong. And I do know of people IN OUR RELIGION/ORGANIZATION who believe differently than Irvin Baxter. He is good friends with many of them. And I've read their views on the end times and I don't agree with them. Again, there was no proof or Biblical backing. Just because they are the same religion as me, doesn't mean we all have the same view points. I choose to believe the one that has the Biblical proof.

This "person" who saw "red flags" is really over thinking it. Not to mention, not having a "statement of faith" on his page, please, there are ways to understand his "FAITH" if you just read about him or look at his articles or listen to his podcast. Seems like this "person" already had their mind made up about Irvin Baxter and was basically on a witch hunt to tear down his character.

I'd like for you to share with me some of your end time thoughts. After you read mine, you only had two questions. So that made me think you pretty much saw the truth in everything else?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 10:00 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
I used to believe in the Bible codes when Drosnin's book first came out but when about 20 rapture dates encoded in the Bible went up in smoke I sorta said "This is a load of ----."

Quote:
another code that was found says that a great earthquake will happen in Los Angeles in 2010.
Needless to say that one never panned out.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 01-28-2014 at 10:12 PM..

Old 01-28-2014, 10:09 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
War and Peach
I think you've got a best-selling prophecy novel there. The rapture has come and those left behind are struggling to find food. It is the bowl judgments; the sea has turned to blood and one lone peach survives the water being poisoned by "wormwood". A starving husband and wife stumble onto the peach and go to war over who will eat it.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:48 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post

I'd like for you to share with me some of your end time thoughts. After you read mine, you only had two questions. So that made me think you pretty much saw the truth in everything else?!
As for not addressing anything more than 3 areas, the error of stating the name Chernobyl is in Revelations is in the Ukrainian bible, The error of stating the name Saddam is in the Iraqi Bible and vastly understating the number of ships that were used in WW2. I see no point in doing so. I only pointed to what in my opinion are deliberate manipulation of the facts to reach the desired conclusion,

I do not consider any of the NT to be scripture. I do see trinitarians as being very misguided and in danger of following the path to Hellfire.

We Muslims do believe there are end time prophecies, many of which have already been completed. Some of us believe all of the minor prophecies have already happened and none of the 10 Major signs has occurred yet.

Some of the minor signs of the Approaching Qiyamah (Final Day) All of these have been completed

Quote:
Qiyamah will come when...
Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (R.A.) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhii Wassallam) said, "Qiyamah will come...
  • * When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
    * When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
    * When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
    * When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
    * When orators and lecturers lie openly.
    * When people dispute over petty issues.
    * When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
    * When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
    * When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
    * When lies prevail over the truth.
    * When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
    * When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
    * When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
    * When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).
The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood (R.A.) when he inquired from Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) about the Signs of Qiyamah.
  • * Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
    * People will indulge in homosexuality.
    * There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
    * There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
    * People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
    * Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
    * The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
    * The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
    * Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
    * Various wines will be consumed excessively.
Auf bin Malik (R.A.) says: I came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He said to me, "Count six things before the advent of Qiyamah:
  1. 1 My death
    2 The conquest of Jerusalem
    3 Mass deaths amongst you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers during an epidemic
    4 Abundance of wealth to such an extent that if a person were to be given a hundred Dinars he will still not be satisfied
    5 General anarchy and bloodshed, that no Arab household will be spared from it
    6 Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the Banil Asfaar
    (Romans) which they will break and attack you with a force consisting of eighty flags and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men." (Hadith: Sahih Bukhari).
IRAQ and SYRIA
Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.) He then said: "Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain." We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: "Because of the Romans (christians)."
CONCEITED PEOPLE:
Hadhrat Abbas (R.A) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) has said, "Islam will spread far and wide, across the seas. Horses will cross the land and seas in the cause of Jihaad. Then a time will come wherein a group of people will emerge which recites the Quraan. They will claim,
  1. 'We have recited the Quraan and is there anyone who understands the Quraan better than us? There is NO ONE more proficient than us in the study of the Quraan.'
Then Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) asked the Sahaba, "Do you see any good in their claims?" The Sahaba replied, "No". Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said, "But these conceited claimants will be from my Ummah and will be the fuel of the Fire." (ie: Cast into hell)

from "Signs of Qiyamah" (excerpts)
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali
all of these have already been completed or are in the process of being completed now.

In the Next post I will list the Major signs

Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 PM

While all of the Minor signs have passed or are currently taking place, the 10 major signs have not yet occurred. But could occur at any time and could even all occur at the same time.

The minor signs were warnings that the final day was coming. They have already taken place.

The 10 major signs that will occur before the last day

Quote:
The 10 major signs of the last day are:
  1. The appearance of the False Messiah, known in Arabic as the Dajjal and in English as the Anti-Christ.
  2. The arrival of Isa Ibn Maryam, known in English as the Messiah, or Jesus Christ.
  3. Three landslides: one in the east…
  4. One in the west…
  5. And one in the Arabian Peninsula.
  6. The hordes of Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj, known in English as Gog and Magog.
  7. The Smoke as Allah says in His book: “Then wait for the day when the sky brings a visible smoke.” Chapter 44 Verse 10.
  8. The sun rising from the west.
  9. The coming of The Beast as Allah says in His book: “And when the Word is fulfilled against them, We shall produce from the earth a beast to (face) them: he will speak to them, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs.” Chapter 27 Verse 82.
  10. A fire that will drive the people to their gathering place.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 01-29-2014 at 12:15 AM..

Old 02-21-2014, 07:32 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
While all of the Minor signs have passed or are currently taking place, the 10 major signs have not yet occurred. But could occur at any time and could even all occur at the same time.

The minor signs were warnings that the final day was coming. They have already taken place.

The 10 major signs that will occur before the last day
When and where did these signs happen?

Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Just a few questions.

Does this code say the same thing in every language the bible is translated into?

Does it say the same thing in the original Hebrew and Greek?

Does it say the same thing in every English translation of the bible?

If not why? If this is some god given prophesy, it should read the same in every translation as well as the original languages.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
When and where did these signs happen?
The only ones that have happened are the Minor signs. They are ongoing and continue to be happening even today.

None of the Major signs have occurred yet.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 PM

758 posts, read 847,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Just a few questions.

Does this code say the same thing in every language the bible is translated into?

If not why? If this is some god given prophesy, it should read the same in every translation as well as the original languages.
I don't know where it is etched in stone that the above statement has any bearing in fact.

Sir Issac Newton knew: there was a code woven into the bible; He had no idea on how to access it. But in the advent of modern computers - We have now accessed that code. And of course; mankind is going to do his best to corrupt; that what God has designed.

Let's take Genesis 1:1 in the original Hebrew.

Most people read this verse and just keep right on reading. STOP! - One man; 120 years ago did stop and looked at this verse and discovered something truly amazing.

The seven words of Genesis 1:1 consist of 28 letters (So What!). Upon careful study he discovered 35 instances of 7 in this one verse.

Hebrew & Greek alphabets contain "Gematria". A number is assigned to each letter of the aleph-bet.

That is not so in English.

Genesis 1:1 contains 3 nouns: God,Heaven & Earth. Adding up the numerical values for each letter = 777

Dr. Ivan Panin didn't even believe in God. But upon careful examination of Genesis 1:1 he went on to hand write over 45,000 pages of text documenting all of the 7's in the entire bible. It took him more than 50 years. He became a "believer' soley based on the unusual mathematical structure of the bible.
It was beyond the laws of statistics that man could have done this "accidentally".
This a very skillfull intelligent design that runs fluidly all throughout the entire bible.

Man is not capable of constructing a sentence using 35 instances of 7. Go ahead and try it and use as many computers as you want to solve that. Only God has that "intelligent design skill".

The odds are staggering - One in 54 Octrillion???

If God is truly the "author" of the bible as He claims; He must have left a "fingerprint" of sorts.

The Jewish rabbis have a quaint way of expressing this very idea: they say that they will not understand the Scriptures until the Messiah comes. But when He comes, He will not only interpret each of the passages for us, He will interpret the very words; He will even interpret the very letters themselves; in fact, He will even interpret the spaces between the letters!

The Genealogy of Jesus Christ: > take the challenge!

Mortal man is not capable of this design structure.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:37 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
I don't know where it is etched in stone that the above statement has any bearing in fact.

Sir Issac Newton knew: there was a code woven into the bible; He had no idea on how to access it. But in the advent of modern computers - We have now accessed that code. And of course; mankind is going to do his best to corrupt; that what God has designed.

Let's take Genesis 1:1 in the original Hebrew.

Most people read this verse and just keep right on reading. STOP! - One man; 120 years ago did stop and looked at this verse and discovered something truly amazing.

The seven words of Genesis 1:1 consist of 28 letters (So What!). Upon careful study he discovered 35 instances of 7 in this one verse.

Hebrew & Greek alphabets contain "Gematria". A number is assigned to each letter of the aleph-bet.

That is not so in English.

Genesis 1:1 contains 3 nouns: God,Heaven & Earth. Adding up the numerical values for each letter = 777

Dr. Ivan Panin didn't even believe in God. But upon careful examination of Genesis 1:1 he went on to hand write over 45,000 pages of text documenting all of the 7's in the entire bible. It took him more than 50 years. He became a "believer' soley based on the unusual mathematical structure of the bible.
It was beyond the laws of statistics that man could have done this "accidentally".
This a very skillfull intelligent design that runs fluidly all throughout the entire bible.

Man is not capable of constructing a sentence using 35 instances of 7. Go ahead and try it and use as many computers as you want to solve that. Only God has that "intelligent design skill".

The odds are staggering - One in 54 Octrillion???

If God is truly the "author" of the bible as He claims; He must have left a "fingerprint" of sorts.

The Jewish rabbis have a quaint way of expressing this very idea: they say that they will not understand the Scriptures until the Messiah comes. But when He comes, He will not only interpret each of the passages for us, He will interpret the very words; He will even interpret the very letters themselves; in fact, He will even interpret the spaces between the letters!

The Genealogy of Jesus Christ: > take the challenge!

Mortal man is not capable of this design structure.
None of this answers any of the questions I asked.

If not why? If this is some god given prophesy, it should read the same in every translation as well as the original languages

Care to try to actually answer the questions I asked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality