U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,734,975 times
Reputation: 617

Advertisements

Did God himself encode the first five books of the Bible? The Books that God delivered to Moses on the top of the mountain? Are these codes are warning of terrible times to come?

according to mathmaticians and scholars, there appears to be a code in the first five books of the Bible in the origional Hebrew Text (The Torah). Here is how the code works.

The primary method by which purportedly meaningful messages have been extracted is the Equidistant Letter Sequence (ELS). To obtain an ELS from a text, choose a starting point (in principle, any letter) and a skip number, also freely and possibly negative. Then, beginning at the starting point, select letters from the text at equal spacing as given by the skip number. For example, the bold letters in this sentence form an ELS. With a skip of -4, and ignoring the spaces and punctuation, the word SAFEST is spelled out backwards.

The word Bible and Code are spelled in an equal skip sequence

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/BibleCode.png (broken link)

One might say, well you can always find words in any book using a skip sequence. But what makes the Bible unique is that words are spelled out in clusters that are associated with events in time (from the beginning to the end). The national code breaker in the 1990s even said some intellegence put a code in the Bible. This code could not be found without the invention of the computer so it may be that man wasnt suppose to discover it until the right time. The Book of Daniel in the Bible just might hint of such a code. An angel tells Daniel:

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and "seal" the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

There is even a code that says: "Bible Code sealed before God"

Many events throughout history have been discovered in the codes and some that have not happened yet.

here are some examples of words and phrases found in clusters in the skip matrix of the Bible:

- Wright brothers and airplane

- Shakespeare, presented on stage, Macbeth and Hamlet

- Newton and gravity

- Edison, electricity and light bulb

- Fall of, communism, Russian, in China next

- Atomic holocaust and 1945

- Economic collapse, the depression, 1929 and stocks

- Fire on 3rd Shevat (January 18, 1991), Missile, War, Hussein (picked a day), Saddam, Enemy

- Hitler, Evil Man, Nazi and Enemy, Slaughter

- Man on Moon, Spaceship

- Newton, Gravity, Einstein, Science, He Overturned Present Reality, They Prophesied a Brainy Person, A New and Excellent Understanding

- It Was Made By Computer, The Writing of God Engraved on the Tablets

- Bible Code, Sealed Before God, Computer, To Shut Up the Words and Seal the Book Until the End (like it say in the Book of Daniel)

- President Kennedy, To Die, Dallas

- Oswald, Marksman, Name of Assassin Who Will Assassinate

- Murrah Building, Killed, Torn to Pieces, Desolated, Slaughtered, Death

- Oklahoma, Terrible Frightening Death, There Will Be Terror

- His Name Is Timothy, McVeigh, Day 19, On the Ninth Hour, In the Morning, He Ambushed, He Pounced, Terror

- time machine, it may come anytime, it will come everytime

- DNA, tree of life

- DNA was brought in a vehicle, Your seed, In a vehicle your seed (sounds like UFO stuff)

- DNA spiral, From a code, in Adam the model, template

- Genetic code, His gene you will inherit, To Advance man

There are many other events that have been found including 911.

Last edited by gsoboi; 04-06-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,394,895 times
Reputation: 5442
This business with the Bible codes is total nonsense. You can take any large book and do the exact same thing. Because you've got thousands and thousands of letters you can put this information into a computer and start playing around with different patterns of picking certain letters and it's inevitable that some of them are going to spell words. The combinations of patterns and results are going to get into the billions so it would really be weird if you didn't get words. A guy, I think it was in Australia, did the very same thing with a large book and got all sorts of words. If you put the text of War and Peace into your computer and played around with different patterns you could find just about anything you wanted.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 AM
 
4,899 posts, read 16,246,067 times
Reputation: 3790
i agree, and i thik they are finding things that already happened and therefore can look for them and spell things out.
can they do the same with future events? words and names we have not yet heard of?
i think they should try it and then wait and see if it comes true...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Western Cary, NC
4,349 posts, read 6,485,786 times
Reputation: 7265
I saw it on the History Station and they ran the program on the Bible and War and Peace. War and Peach seemed to have the better snippets. Their view was that any book would have the same breakdown or words. Here I guess size matters; more words equal higher the chance of a desired phrase.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 01:07 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
Reputation: 2873
I would be interested if there were specific future events names, none of that Nostradamus nonsense where anything could be read into everything.
The question is, are there passages like' John Smith april 2008 Houston', if not then think it is a hoax.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,734,975 times
Reputation: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
This business with the Bible codes is total nonsense. You can take any large book and do the exact same thing. Because you've got thousands and thousands of letters you can put this information into a computer and start playing around with different patterns of picking certain letters and it's inevitable that some of them are going to spell words. The combinations of patterns and results are going to get into the billions so it would really be weird if you didn't get words. A guy, I think it was in Australia, did the very same thing with a large book and got all sorts of words. If you put the text of War and Peace into your computer and played around with different patterns you could find just about anything you wanted.
Its true you can find words in any book but what you cant find in just any book are words spelled together in clusters, intersecting one another that describes historical events. Its not just random words, these are names and dates that coincide with events. When you have names such as Timothy McVeigh crossing Oklahoma and Murrah Building then the date and time that it happened crossing that, it has to make you scratch your head.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 02:28 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 4,449,281 times
Reputation: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Its true you can find words in any book but what you cant find in just any book are words spelled together in clusters, intersecting one another that describes historical events. Its not just random words, these are names and dates that coincide with events. When you have names such as Timothy McVeigh crossing Oklahoma and Murrah Building then the date and time that it happened crossing that, it has to make you scratch your head.
Not really. Seriously its the same principle specially combined with the fact that as more time goes by, the higher the chance that an event will coincide with a phrase. There is an extremely easy way to show the validity of this and that is to predict a future event. After the fact reasoning has been used so many times that its becoming extremely old
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 04:34 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,672,705 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
This business with the Bible codes is total nonsense. You can take any large book and do the exact same thing. Because you've got thousands and thousands of letters you can put this information into a computer and start playing around with different patterns of picking certain letters and it's inevitable that some of them are going to spell words. The combinations of patterns and results are going to get into the billions so it would really be weird if you didn't get words. A guy, I think it was in Australia, did the very same thing with a large book and got all sorts of words. If you put the text of War and Peace into your computer and played around with different patterns you could find just about anything you wanted.
The latest findings on the Bible codes comparing them to what they have found in the book, ''War and Peace'', is like comparing a pile of sand next to Mt. Everest. The Bible is mocking the skeptics, and most of them don't even have a clue. The skeptics are going to have to come up with something a lot better then the book, "War and Peace".

Bible Code Digest.com - Hanukah Bible Codes - Page 2 (http://www.biblecodedigest.com/page.php/10 - broken link)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 4,449,281 times
Reputation: 586
hahaha. Beautiful, I love it. Pick Letters at random and watch them speLL what you want. Hey come on don't be shy. Predict the future or make a discovery using that same method of selectIve pattern finding.

I mean screw me but if the bible has mentioned:
Quote:
- Wright brothers and airplane

- Shakespeare, presented on stage, Macbeth and Hamlet

- Newton and gravity

- Edison, electricity and light bulb

- Fall of, communism, Russian, in China next

- Atomic holocaust and 1945

- Economic collapse, the depression, 1929 and stocks

- Fire on 3rd Shevat (January 18, 1991), Missile, War, Hussein (picked a day), Saddam, Enemy

- Hitler, Evil Man, Nazi and Enemy, Slaughter

- Man on Moon, Spaceship

- Newton, Gravity, Einstein, Science, He Overturned Present Reality, They Prophesied a Brainy Person, A New and Excellent Understanding

- It Was Made By Computer, The Writing of God Engraved on the Tablets

- Bible Code, Sealed Before God, Computer, To Shut Up the Words and Seal the Book Until the End (like it say in the Book of Daniel)

- President Kennedy, To Die, Dallas

- Oswald, Marksman, Name of Assassin Who Will Assassinate

- Murrah Building, Killed, Torn to Pieces, Desolated, Slaughtered, Death

- Oklahoma, Terrible Frightening Death, There Will Be Terror

- His Name Is Timothy, McVeigh, Day 19, On the Ninth Hour, In the Morning, He Ambushed, He Pounced, Terror

- time machine, it may come anytime, it will come everytime

- DNA, tree of life

- DNA was brought in a vehicle, Your seed, In a vehicle your seed (sounds like UFO stuff)

- DNA spiral, From a code, in Adam the model, template

- Genetic code, His gene you will inherit, To Advance man

There are many other events that have been found including 911.
Then It should still say lots of stuff about the future we don't know yet otherwise it would be kind of suspicious. Hey people have been lookIng for this secret crap since the bible became wide-spread. Why is it that noone Foretold 9-11? Heck how slow can the chrIstian cryptographers be that we that we never find these passages about the future until long after the event has happened? Hmm, how incredibly convenient indeed.

Seeing the other posts i can also imagine that the thing gets more complicated when dealing with hebrew. Heck its also not im possible that books of the bible have secret messages and double meanings inside of them added by the author for fun but i wouldn't hold my breath for something earthshaking or more than "I love God very much" or "If you are reading this then you need to get out more often"

Im sure that the mildly alert will understand what i mean
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,394,895 times
Reputation: 5442
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
The latest findings on the Bible codes comparing them to what they have found in the book, ''War and Peace'', is like comparing a pile of sand next to Mt. Everest.
To be honest I didn't think you'd turn out to be someone who believed in the Bible Code fad. The link you gave us is just a link to a website that's promoting this whole thing and not a credible source of information. Since I'm in a spiritual frame of mind I'll make a prediction. I predict that the Bible Code phase is going to have a very short history and resemble the books and videotapes that were promoted by a small religious following who were trying to cash in on the Y2K fear of the world having a meltdown when all of our computers would fail on Dec 31, 1999 at the stroke of midnight and this would unleash all sorts of religious ramifications. I would imagine that after Jan. 1, 2000 the sales of those books and videotapes took a nosedive. Campbell, this is not something that a thinking person should be taking seriously and I mean to offense to you by that statement. This is a few people with a goofball idea trying to make a few bucks selling books and it's far from mainstream religious thinking.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top