U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM

16,122 posts, read 20,330,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Parents say priest told mourners that son may be kept out of heaven over suicide: report

A priest laid it right between the eyes at a funeral, to the mourners as well as to the parents; the 18 year old youth, a Straight A student, who committed suicide was not going to go to heaven. I am uncertain whether the priest had any control over the matter, but apparently, it does not matter how the person lived their life or what drove them to the point of desperation.

Most of the leaders in my particular religion, thankfully, believe that the right question to ask is not whether the person is going to heaven or down below, but what kind of life they lived, and who they've helped, in the living world. But to me, this is no way to comfort mourners. It is a public shaming, and why?

Moderator cut: Edited to add corrected link. https://www.foxnews.com/us/parents-w...uneral-removed
If you believe in heaven that is between you and GOD.. Another of those Rules made by men, supposedly in the name of GOD. It appears that GOD may have failed your child
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:11 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,120,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I went to my one and only Catholic funeral in June 1978. I am Jewish and had no idea what communion was. I accidentally ingested the wafer.
You can never NOT be a cannibal now. Or a vegan.

Old Today, 07:29 AM
Status: "People and tear gas - either it's a border or it isn't." (set 25 days ago)

13,770 posts, read 5,441,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
My son's mother's pastor asked if he could speak at my sons funeral but he was told there was to be no religious talk (out of respect for son who was non-religious) and the SOB went ahead and gave an effing sermon! I was annoyed!
Unless some prayer is religiously required,that is just disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or