U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,634 posts, read 4,416,981 times
Reputation: 1336

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So you're telling us the 100,000 Christian children who die horribly in great agony despite millions of prayers offered for them--they are NOT God's favorites but you ARE one of God's chosen favorites???????

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, Bryan......whatever you say, guy!

Boy, you Christians are such hypocrites.
Especially the Christians who deny everything Jesus said and did, even the ones who reject the religion Jesus came showing us, even the ones who reject the covenant Jesus offered while assuming they have replaced Jews. Christians can reject the whole worship system of Jesus, they can outlaw God and his commandments and then persecute anyone brave enough to follow his commandments, his worship system and even his Passover while making the bold claim they have a Passover lamb, and all that is completely wierd, but for a Christian to claim the power from a holy day they teach against is just astonishing......

I mean, what are they thinking Thrill?

That is what gets me, the sheer gullability and assumption that you have a power just because it has always been a false assumption. I can't express how strange it is because so many people have always assumed that they have a power, but you can't even explain how it all works because they don't want to talk about the evil feasts of Jesus, but they assume they have the power with no questions, no doubts.(Speaking as a person that was convinced he had the power of the holy spirit for 4 decades)

It's like they are holding up their right hand that is completely empty, but they want you to see the invisible golden hairbrush they are holding and it isn't a joke, they really see it but you know it's not there and so you try and explain to them that their hand is empty but they will never look in their own hand, they can feel it even though there is nothing there because they have conditioned themselves to the thing.

Besides this, they are bald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
 
10,967 posts, read 4,296,027 times
Reputation: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Uh-huh, so why can't Jesus heal amputees?

If Jesus wants to impress me, he can heal everyone.

So, why doesn't he?

What kind of sick perverted being runs a healing lottery?

A truly benevolent being doesn't grant some people's prayer requests some of the time, while totally ignoring others.
lmao ... yeah, if I couldn't count the medical miricals that happen over the last ten years and predict the number next year ... they might have a better case.

and why when we study their healing powers they go away? well, I should add until we stop looking in depth that is. its like UFO's, the mr they are studied the less they are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
 
2,916 posts, read 904,271 times
Reputation: 557
...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,634 posts, read 4,416,981 times
Reputation: 1336
8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao ... yeah, if I couldn't count the medical miricals that happen over the last ten years and predict the number next year ... they might have a better case.

and why when we study their healing powers they go away? well, I should add until we stop looking in depth that is. its like UFO's, the mr they are studied the less they are there.
I watched an Atheist showman on Netflix that was just astonishing, even though he told them that he had no power from God, half of them left there thinking that he did have the power of God no matter what he said. He worked miracles, slaying people in the spirit, it was freaking awesome, wished I could remember his name. If dude wanted to make a billion bucks, he should just became a preacher, heck, I would attend even knowing what he was lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
 
7,760 posts, read 4,603,793 times
Reputation: 8854
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He does play favorites, and as a believer I'm one of his favorites! Keep your sarcastic response to yourself, if you can control your urges.
I'd say God's favorites are people born here in the USA, which includes many atheists. And his not so favorites are people born in say Nigeria, where hunger and war are real problems for people living there right now. There are about 80 million Christians in Nigeria.

So if God plays favorites, it is hard to understand why He chose this atheist to bless with excellent health, economic prosperity, and freedom, as well as many friends and loved ones. Meanwhile, Christians in Nigeria have been blessed with war and hunger.

You know, it's almost like being a Christian or not has nothing to do with who God chooses as his favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
 
7,760 posts, read 4,603,793 times
Reputation: 8854
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
We live in a sin cursed world with a sin cursed body so pain is just a reality. Your post only reflects the limitations of human thinking. We can only make sense of things that are absolute, always occuring, all encompassing. So you think it's only fair that if God heals one, He should heal everyone.

But if every ailment is wiped away for everyone every time then the physical body never dies. Then God becomes a liar when He declared that sin would result in death. The reality is that as each person is complete unique, our life journey is completely unique. Only God knows the outcome of healing or letting someone continue to endure pain. Who knows, this girl could grow up to touch many lives and lead them to Christ through her testimony of healing. Someone else that gets healed could grow up to commit a mass murder. Then you would blame God for healing that person.
How about if he just heals all Christians and no one else? .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
 
7,760 posts, read 4,603,793 times
Reputation: 8854
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I get the feeling that some atheists actually might HATE when these things happen.
I think this statement says a great deal about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
13,243 posts, read 11,032,680 times
Reputation: 15187
I just saw the news tonight....I instantly beamed ear to ear.

Good for you for starting this topic, jeff.


These things happen all the time..this one made the news ...cool beans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
 
Location: US
26,574 posts, read 14,181,492 times
Reputation: 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And yet, a missionary dies and you (or at least your buddies here) accept WITHOUT question that it proves Jesus is imaginary. As long as the evidence goes against Christianity, atheists accept it without question. If the evidence supports Christianity, they apply such an extreme level of scrutiny that it would be impossible to prove anything is real under such terms.


If I'm wrong then please tell me what kind of evidence would satisfy you that a miracle from God took place.
Maybe the radiation treatments made the tumor vanish...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
 
Location: US
26,574 posts, read 14,181,492 times
Reputation: 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, except God sure does play favorites, doesn't he, Jeff--curing this particular girl and letting 100,000 other Christian children die horribly in great pain and suffering despite millions of prayers for them. Please explain that one, Jeff--beside those tired old canards, "God works in mysterious ways, don't cha know" and "Our ways are not God's ways, don't cha know."

Don't cha know, Jeff????????
They weren’t really true Christians...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top